Free Agency Frenzy 2016

Brawndo

You miss the point WC. The days of John Scott and Bob Probert and hopefully Raffi Torres are waning. The designated enforcer is done. But you still need a deterrent. That deterrent must be able to contribute offensively or defensively but still be a deterrent. That's Lucics value. The Oil have better players in their system but not as intimidating. Yes he will play a gritty game but make no mistake, Chia wants no more clavicle issues. I think he is being way overpaid for his actual value. But it makes sense if McDavid plays full seasons.

I think you're severely underrating Lucic's actual hockey skill. He's no enforcer. 

At no point did I use enforcer to refer to Lucic. Deterrent. And I Think you may value him more than I. He fits the B's style but I Thought he was mediocre in LA. Edmonton is a fast break speed team. I don't see the fit. I see the value if McDavid stays healthy.

More from Arthur Staple

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-give-andrew-ladd-a-tour-on-eve-of-free-agency-1.11991494

The Sabres who had been planning a whopper of an offer for Stamkos, are likely to turn to Okposo next — and Okposo, still close with former Islander and current Sabre Matt Moulson, has strong interest in Buffalo.

At no point did I use enforcer to refer to Lucic. Deterrent. And I Think you may value him more than I. He fits the B's style but I Thought he was mediocre in LA. Edmonton is a fast break speed team. I don't see the fit. I see the value if McDavid stays healthy.

Is Lucic's clavicle getting surgically transferred to McDavid as part of the contract or something? :p

Is Lucic's clavicle getting surgically transferred to McDavid as part of the contract or something? :p

If he gets 6.6x6 he should donate a kidney as well, you know just in case

So if we're looking for cheap scoring help, any interest in Hudler? I thought he'd flame out (no pun intended) after leaving Detroit, but he acquitted himself quite well offensively. He's on the downside, but as a stopgap while our young wingers develop?

Sure. I like him.

Lucic is actually very good possession wise and overall. Will Kane outscore him? Probably. But with McDavid in the middle, all Lucic has to do is play the boards and go to the net. I don't think he's there to protect McDavid

Just because they have a similar possession style doesn't mean they play the same game at all. Protection moves don't cost you $6.5M

You miss the point WC. The days of John Scott and Bob Probert and hopefully Raffi Torres are waning. The designated enforcer is done. But you still need a deterrent. That deterrent must be able to contribute offensively or defensively but still be a deterrent. That's Lucics value. The Oil have better players in their system but not as intimidating. Yes he will play a gritty game but make no mistake, Chia wants no more clavicle issues. I think he is being way overpaid for his actual value. But it makes sense if McDavid plays full seasons.

I don't think I missed your point. I said Lucic is still a skilled offensive player, and that while he may have similar possession numbers, the manner in which he does it is still different than Hall, and hence he's a better fit. He's more physical, and will go to areas and play with a bite Hall did not have. He's also a winner, and not a 24 year old kid who's been around a rotten core forever. He has playoff experience, and is very familiar with his GM. Lucic is far more than a guy who will intimidate

McDavid hurt his own clavicle. 

More from Arthur Staple

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-give-andrew-ladd-a-tour-on-eve-of-free-agency-1.11991494

The Sabres who had been planning a whopper of an offer for Stamkos, are likely to turn to Okposo next — and Okposo, still close with former Islander and current Sabre Matt Moulson, has strong interest in Buffalo.

#hockeyheaven

#playingwitheichelreallyhasnothingtodowithit

Matthew Coller ‏@MatthewWGR  1m

Start preparing now for free agency tomorrow. Repeat after me: "Okposo wasn't only good because of Tavares. Okposo wasn't only good beca

More like start practicing " Its ok, he wasn't worth that kind of money and will only hamper the development of the youth, paying him that kind of money will prevent us from re-signing someone else later, he is getting older and his skills will only be declining, by the time everyones developed and we are ready to make a run at the cup they will be a shell of their former self"

The above could work for any free agent available.............

So...........

15 minutes left til the starting bell rings, how long until we hear of the first signing by a team?

How long until we see a comment laughing at a signing for be ludicrous or a gross overpayment?

Edited by apuszczalowski

If we can get McGinn and Vesey, regardless of Kane, that tells me either Foligno is a goner or they are not so optimistic of Moulson's return to relative skill.  

OMG what is happening???? Which is it????  :P

Huh, didn't know he was from there. Odd that such a nice city bred such an ######

And a Kane too. Right now I wish we would trade E Kane to Van and they sign the other homegrown douchebag Lucic.

More from Arthur Staple

So as you can see we really may benefit by having treated Moulson with high regard all along through the process. Meh. I would have rather cut his useless ass after what happened to him last season. I mean no offense to Matty. Just talking skills. Wall. Not looking good going forward and pray you prove me wrong. Hey bro, ice cream samiches in the freezer yo!

Also, wont be surprised that we don't participate in FA at all. Trades will be th eway we go. Okposo overpay? Nah I'm good. I can trade x for x and be better. Time to shine GMTM. Stamkos is one thing and I was all in for up to $12 Mil. Okposo over 7 I'm a gonna pass and find a trade partner. 

Free agency doesn't kickoff until noon.

Thats what I thought but then I had just heard something on Sportsnet here where they said midnight (does the NBA FA period kick off at midnight?).

So its 12 hours away instead of the 15 minutes I mentioned before...........

Still doesn't excuse the lack of action right now

Staple:

In 12 hours, the frenzy begins. Sounds as if Kyle Okposo has pared his list all the way down. Should be one of the first signings at noon.

When Staple was asked on Twitter if it's with the Sabres His response was that's my pick, I don't know for sure

Huh, didn't know he was from there. Odd that such a nice city bred such an ######

All the DBs leave Vancouver by the time they turn 25.

The people that are left are OK.

The really good folks move to Vancouver Island.