Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

I hear the talk on sports radio here on the west coast all the time where they say how much of a shitole Buffalo is and its always when talking to reporters out of Toronta with a nudge nudge wink wink kind of thing or an inside joke but its very common. Today the guys from sportstalk 1040 who are currently in Buffalo were saying how Buffalo is the best hockey market in the U.S. bar none. It was largely based on the tv ratings but I was pleasantly surprised that for once they had some nice things to say about the city. I've never been to Buffalo but its always a sore point for me when I hear some talking head talk trash about Buffalo. Being a fan of the team most of my life makes me want to drop the gloves when I hear that shite.

I want this to get to August 15th just so all the Leafs and Bruins fans can start talking ###### just to watch Jimmy still sign with us.

Dream scenario (or nightmare depending on your thoughts on him)-tomorrow it's announced the Sabres have acquired Stamkos Rights for a draft pick. Friday Afternoon a deal is announced.

Friday Night at Draft The Sabres Contingent goes up to the stage with Vesey. Vesey walks to the podium and says with the 8th overall pick the Buffalo Sabres select my future teammate...

I'm choosing to take this as fact because I want to.

Despite an unhealthy obsession with numbers and an irrational hatred for old, slow, hairy-chested defencemen, you remain author of some of the most consistently good posts on this board.

This is your finest hour - Masshole Bruin fans hoisted on their own petard.

When Jimmy signs, make sure this never dies.

Edited by dudacek

Bwahahaha. Boston is really a city full of . I don't even mean it in a totally negative way, as strange as that sounds.

A couple of my very close friends are born and bred Bostonians, and when I visit and meet their friends it's so strange. They love fighting and ripping on one another to a fault. When I was there in January we left a bar after last call and 4-5 of the guys we were with got into a huge playfight right outside the door. I thought we were gonna get the cops called on us. When I asked one of my friends about it he said "That went really well, actually. Usually somebody gets pissed and it turns into a real fight."

These were some bright young men, too. So you can guess how the common Bostonite probably compares. The bully attitude of the hockey team absolutely reflects the people of the city. I always used to say that in half-jest, but now I believe it to be completely true.

And it cost them a shot at Vesey. Hehehehehe

Let's wait to plan the parades until Vesey is signed. It hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, I gotta second that. There have been plenty of times in Buffalo sports history where things looked like we were finally going to get whatever done and it didn't. I think the older you get, I'm 35, you really start going the believe it when I see it route. 

When I got into Bills football, it was great times. Dominating the AFC. 4 straight super bowls. Had an idea the bad seasons in my early years and before wouldn't happen again. At least not going to the playoffs for x amount of seasons. It's now been 16 years since the forward pass. No playoffs since. 

Same for the Sabres. Relatively good. Bad season here and there. Loved watching Lafontaine! Making the Stanley Cup Finals to face Dallas in 99. Had a few decent seasons after that. Returned to great hockey in 2005. And shortly after the Sabres themselves fell into playoff struggle and eventually the rebuild. Bright days are here. It's only going to get better. This past season we all saw that. 

But as I said, the Vesey signing will be a believe it when I see it. Felt the same way w/ the McEichel race. Man, at the end of December of the 14-15 season it began to look like the Sabres were going to lose the race for McEichel. 

Hope it all works out. The possible additions of Vesey and Stamkos is mind blowing. 

Joe Haggerty was in GR confirmed what was stated further up thread about Vesey's Feelings about playing in Boston. Mentioned it's a dream of his to play in the NHL with Eichel.

Also mentioned he will probably go to Free Agency August 15th as that is his intention.

Mentioned four teams he might be interested in BUF, BOS, TOR and the dark horse candidate PIT.

Joe Haggerty was in GR confirmed what was stated further up thread about Vesey's Feelings about playing in Boston. Mentioned it's a dream of his to play in the NHL with Eichel.

Also mentioned he will probably go to Free Agency August 15th as that is his intention.

Mentioned four teams he might be interested in BUF, BOS, TOR and the dark horse candidate PIT.

1 -  :beer:  Keep it coming!

2 -           :unsure:   Worries me....

3 -         :death: To Boston, Toronto and Pit!

A line of #15 #19 #23 represents a nice arithmetic progression.  For those of you that prefer to list lines with the center first (CLR rather than LCR) :)

Hmmm. The CLR line, it will clear the ice.

Ham sammich this morning saying that Vesey would likely be top 3 if he was in this draft, Saaweet :flirt:

I do think GMTM will give him the old car dealer spiel that the Sabres offer is only on the table for a short time. Too many decisions have to be made to wait on Vesey. Decide by mid-July or the Sabres move on.

Vesey would laugh in his face. This would make no sense. JV holds all the cards and the Sabres contract offer will be identical to everyone else's. What exactly would JV be missing out in this scenario?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.