Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

This is kinda fun. So why two flights, one last night and one today? Maybe Kimmer's on the second one?

Harrington is pushing the Blackhawks angle today. Anyone else getting tired of the Sabres being early in and early out in these situations? Babcock, Stamkos, Hawks (?)? It's like we're playing the role of the warmup masseur.

Counterpoint Okposo

This is kinda fun. So why two flights, one last night and one today? Maybe Kimmer's on the second one?

Harrington is pushing the Blackhawks angle today. Anyone else getting tired of the Sabres being early in and early out in these situations? Babcock, Stamkos, Hawks (?)? It's like we're playing the role of the warmup masseur.

Stamkos never reached UFA, you realize that right?

As for Babcock, I don't care about him at all. 

Again, why don't we wait to see where Vesey goes. Honestly if he goes to Chicago that Harvard degree didn't do him well. Chicago is a good team but their window is rapidly closing. Their forwards will be good for years to come but their defense is not going to get better soon unless they start to focus heavily on it. They have cap trouble as well. If he goes there, so be it. At this point I just want this circus over. 

Again, why don't we wait to see where Vesey goes. Honestly if he goes to Chicago that Harvard degree didn't do him well. Chicago is a good team but their window is rapidly closing. Their forwards will be good for years to come but their defense is not going to get better soon unless they start to focus heavily on it. They have cap trouble as well. If he goes there, so be it. At this point I just want this circus over. 

But, by one line of thinking, all he needs is two years to earn a big contract. Whether or not he stays with Chicago past that first deal (yes, yes - he'll be an RFA) could also be an open question.

Why should Chicago's long term outlook matter to Vesey? Chicago would probaly only want him while he is a cheap so it would be a chance for him to win a cup or two playing with someone like Toews and then cashing in on his next contract, likely with someone else.

At that point he could be a still young but productive vet with serious playoff experince and possibly a cup under his belt. By the time he was able to cash in on a new contract they wouldn't be able to afford him anyway so he can look for greener pastures.

Why should Chicago's long term outlook matter to Vesey? Chicago would probaly only want him while he is a cheap so it would be a chance for him to win a cup or two playing with someone like Toews and then cashing in on his next contract, likely with someone else.

At that point he could be a still young but productive vet with serious playoff experince and possibly a cup under his belt. By the time he was able to cash in on a new contract they wouldn't be able to afford him anyway so he can look for greener pastures.

He'll be an RFA still when his 2nd contract comes up so he can't cash in too hard and he will be owned by Chicago. I personally think Chicago might win 1 more cup in the next 5 years but I think they lost a lot of that depth that made them the powerhouse they were.

meh im done with it he either signs today or trade rights to hawks for a second...

Why would the Hawks or any team give up anything for his rights when they can wait to 8/16?  We are getting either Vesey or nothing and we won't know which until August.

This belongs in the awesome thread.

You know I loved it. sizzle, you should think about doing this for scratch. Custom made message board avatars.

Yes. I miss the days when the Sabres didn't do anything.

And made the playoffs, the conference finals, the Cup finals...

It's on boys and girls.  It's on.  Let's hope TM, DD and TP have brought their A game.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Murray-and-Bylsma-leave-for-Boston/22804074

This reminds me a bit of the Vikes gang heading to the farm to convince Brett to come back for one more year.

Very well reasoned. I could see Chicago being very enticing to Vesey.

PASabreFan, on 07 Jul 2016 - 2:48 PM, said:

You know I loved it. sizzle, you should think about doing this for scratch. Custom made message board avatars.

I had thought about that a while ago and figured A) probably not a lot o' money in it and B) if I'm charging, I'm liable for copyright issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.