Sabres 2016-17 Schedule

Brawndo

The Sabres Schedule will be released this week.

In terms of preseason action,

Sept 26th Minnesota Location TBD

Home vs the Sens on Sept 27

@ Kraft Hockeyville USA vs Carolina 10/4

@Sault Ste Marie vs Carolina 10/5

@Ottawa Oct 7.

With two more games to be announced

Edited by BRAWNDO

All the home openers will be announced today at noon. The full schedule comes out tomorrow.

So we'll know at least one game today but possibly a few others if we're a part of other teams' openers.

Sabres open at home against Montreal on Thursday October 13th.

Edited by Hoss

Hoping for a home game the weekend of Oct 28-30. If it's the Bruins that would be amazing.

You'll get a home game versus Florida Sat Oct 29 (1pm game, with Patriots* @ Bills Sunday Oct 30)

Only other "good" Sabres-Bills weekends are Friday Dec. 9 (home vs Caps, Bills host Steelers Sun Dec 11) and Friday Dec. 17 (home vs Isles, Bills host Browns Sun Dec 18)

Dumb conflict: Sabres @ Bruins during Bills' Monday Night Football game @ Seattle November 7.

Also: Sabres @ Oilers 7pm Sunday Oct 16 (Bills host 49ers that day)

Per http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886658, eleven Thursday home games, and nine Saturday home games.  Only six afternoon games this year (four Saturdays, one Sunday, and one on MLK Jr. Day)

Whoever designed this schedule display (taken from the sabres website) should be dragged out back and shot. Can any of you tell the the home/away games based upon the shades of gray?

Iz0Rt08.png

Thats a shame. No promotions the whole month! ;)

Edited by FLYNNSanity

@Carolina on Friday and Saturday nights in the middle of winter. Perfect time for a weekend away.

I'll be hosting the pillaging tailgate for both games.

edit: It seems like the Sabres haven't played many weekend games here lately which I thought was by design since we tend to over run their arena even more with fans from Charlotte, Virginia and beyond driving in for the weekend games.  With the reported financial woes maybe the Canes actually want the pillaging hordes to come in, sell the place out and booze it up.

Edited by Claude_Verret

@Carolina on Friday and Saturday nights in the middle of winter. Perfect time for a weekend away.

I'll be hosting the pillaging tailgate for both games.

edit: It seems like the Sabres haven't played many weekend games here lately which I thought was by design since we tend to over run their arena even more with fans from Charlotte, Virginia and beyond driving in for the weekend games.  With the reported financial woes maybe the Canes actually want the pillaging hordes to come in, sell the place out and booze it up.

I think I may have to make the trip down to Raleigh for at least one of these...

The bye week is about the latest possible--end of February.  Good, bad, meaningless?

We have 22 games after that. The good is that we will be able to be well rested for the final push and the playoffs. I also think that with the all star break and the christmas break it is good. We will have a 4 day break, and a 3 day break added to this bye week break. Hope it is a positive.

We have 22 games after that. The good is that we will be able to be well rested for the final push and the playoffs. I also think that with the all star break and the christmas break it is good. We will have a 4 day break, and a 3 day break added to this bye week break. Hope it is a positive.

There's also an "unofficial" bye week right before the last 5 games which could be helpful.

Fewer afternoon games thank you.

Fewer Tuesday night games thank you.

I will again ask for less of both next year.

Some quirks as there always are. Home opener and final against Montreal. Play in Montreal twice on one road trip :blink:

Thursdays the new Tuesday

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.