Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Meh, time to take the training wheels off.  We have enough seasoning even among the younger guys like ROR, Kulikov, BOGO, Ennis etc.  We need to give the young guys TOI to further develop.  Add a contributor on d or a scoring option up front, but any addition has to be for more than veteran leadership.

Meh, time to take the training wheels off.  We have enough seasoning even among the younger guys like ROR, Kulikov, BOGO, Ennis etc.  We need to give the young guys TOI to further develop.  Add a contributor on d or a scoring option up front, but any addition has to be for more than veteran leadership.

Concur.  Legwand as a coach?  Yes please.  As a player....meh.

I hurt my back recently so I've been rehabbing at a place where lots of NHL players do their off season training. 

Shea Weber, Jordan Tootoo, Josh Gorges, Vern Fiddler and the super nice Curtis Lazar to name a few.

These guys are unbelievable. The things they put these guys through is unreal and really impressive to see.

I've with Lazar at my work and he's super nice. I also spoke to Gorges and told him I was probably the only Sabres fan in town. I asked him how it was in Buffalo. He basically said the first year sucked. Losing sucks. But expressed optimism for "clearing out the cancers" and that they've got a good young group. This was before Kane acted up again. 

Anyway, I'm working on getting better but sadly, I won't be pushing Weber around anytime soon. These guys are beasts but he's the big beast of the lot. Watching NHL guys literally asking for a garbage can in case they puke, show you how hard they work.

Edited by rickshaw

I hurt my back recently so I've been rehabbing at a place where lots of NHL players do their off season training. 

Shea Weber, Jordan Tootoo, Josh Gorges, Vern Fiddler and the super nice Curtis Lazar to name a few.

These guys are unbelievable. The things they put these guys through is unreal and really impressive to see.

I've with Lazar at my work and he's super nice. I also spoke to Gorges and told him I was probably the only Sabres fan in town. I asked him how it was in Buffalo. He basically said the first year sucked. Losing sucks. But expressed optimism for "clearing out the cancers" and that they've got a good young group. This was before Kane acted up again. 

Anyway, I'm working on getting better but sadly, I won't be pushing Weber around anytime soon. These guys are beasts but he's the big beast of the lot. Watching NHL guys literally asking for a garbage can in case they puke, show you how hard they work.

Cool stuff. I wonder who the cancers were.

I love stuff like this. It's always cool to see what people are like when they aren't on camera. Being in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, I get to see alot of the Baby Penguins players and alot of the Yankees minor leaguers, most of them are really good dudes who are just out having a good time. I've met very few who are dickish. It's funny to see young, fit guys walking around in nice suits, sporting fresh facial cuts and black eyes and or missing teeth.

Here's a snippet of a conversation I had with CL a few weeks back. I'm 145 lbs soaking wet and doing an exercise with 20 pounds and he walks up and says "Baby steps"

I laughed and said "I"m such a weasel" and he smiles and says "we all start somewhere"

Here's this 21 year old kid telling the 50 year old baby steps. Hilarious. 

Meanwhile a few feet away is Shea Weber doing this 

with god knows how much weight. It really is humbling. 

Awesome stuff and thank you. I hope you're well, soon.

My son did two weeks at a summer camp in Petincton. I'm sure you know it well. Beautiful, beautiful ...

Very cool.  Good to see you again.  Get well.

Really awesome.

Tootoo seems like an interesting guy. I've been following him on social media where he posts a lot of stuff about his family/upbringing up in Nunavut. Just had a baby, too. I may not love him on the ice, but he's pretty fascinating as a person. 

Seeing Weber in the flesh would probably scare the sh!t out of me.