GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-31-2016

WildCard

Well, folks, we don't have much left to go, but we have a lot more to play for. This season ain't over yet, and we still have 5 more games left for our rookies to learn, our goalies to get hurt, and at least one more star forward to get arrested. Damn, just typing that I feel like I should have done it in Spanish, and someone should have woken up from a coma. So, grab a beer, strap on your helmets, take off your pants, and eat enough chicken wings for the Surgeon General to ###### off, because you only get to do this 5 more times, and tonight, of all nights, will be the best to watch.

The Sabres are coming off a roller coaster of emotions on Tuesday night, one that saw each fan rotate from 6 to midnight more often than Rob Lowe in Paris. Up 3, down 1, tied, breakaways...madness I tell you! It was all madness! And in the midst of it all, we say the hatred for DD finally come to a roiling bubble. I haven't seen line mismanagement like that since Rick James decided Studio 54 wouldn't kick him out. In the end, we learned, with finality, how ###### abysmal our defense is, and how much it truly sucks watching 12c3 of line combinations. (Come on, someone's gotta get that. First one to tell me that number gets candy. I'm not even sure it's the right way to compute that)

The Leafs? Well, ###### these guys. Take'm outside and beat'm with a flip flop; tar and feather them with syrup and wasted playoff predictions. You know what's more depressing than the Maple Leafs? Nothing, that's what. Remember this? 

Anyways, the Leafs, with their 'holier than thou' attitude, have done a complete 180 and are firmly entrenched in a tank. A tank, by the way, which isn't working. Why? Because even when it comes to losing, the Leafs can't win. The Leafs are being out-tanked by the Carrion Heavyweight Edmonton Oilers though; rumors are McDavid no longer drives to the arena, but walks a strange route that takes him over a bridge everyday. 

The Leafs are 6-4-0 in their last 10, and are coming off a 5-2 win in Florida

Game Preview
 Buffalo Lines:

Anyone's Guess:
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS    - RYAN O'REILLY   -  HUDSON FASCHING

NICOLAS DESLAURIERS  -    JACK EICHEL   -  SAM REINHART

MARCUS FOLIGNO   -  JOHAN LARSSON   -  BRIAN GIONTA

CAL O'REILLY   -  DAVID LEGWAND   -  MATT MOULSON

Soon To Be Unemployed:

JOSH GORGES   -  RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

JAKE MCCABE   -  ZACH BOGOSIAN

MARK PYSYK   -  CASEY NELSON

jack-eichel-nhl-buffalo-sabres-toronto-m

Edited by WildCard

The Leafs? Well, ###### these guys. Take'm outside and beat'm with a flip flop; "tar" and feather them with NEW YORK's FINEST MAPLE syrup and wasted playoff predictions. You know what's more depressing than the Maple Leafs? Nothing, that's what. Remember this? 

Fixed........  that'd drive any Canadian crazy....

Why do people care so much about different line combinations? With the amount of players out, players called up, players auditioning for the team, and us being out of the playoffs, isn't that what we want? These are next year's preseason games at regular season speed. I want DD doing as much info gathering as he possibly can.

Oh man guys we better take this game super serious.  I heard that the Leaf's rebuild is years ahead of ours. They beat us once this year! I even heard that Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart are worse than Nylander and ... wait a second I need to look up their other rookies... hold on... sorry computer is slow... oh yea Connor Brown, that guy he's like a poor man's McDavid or something. Look all I know is we aren't as good as the leafs according to scien.... scientology.

I also heard that ROR is half as good as Nazem Kadri! I mean we are basically just screwed and not in a fun way like when you do a headstand wearing a parka while your partner, wait let's get back to hockey. Bottle line is the only player man enough to stand up to the big bad leafs is Zach Bogosian and I heard that Dion Phaneuf is so intimidating to Zach that he has scared him straight, from the press box while playing for another team.  You ever see a an angry man child in a well tailored suit scowl? Well Bogo has and it turned him into a puddle of gooo. The good news is Nelson our new defender isn't from Canada so he's like a honey badger and he don't care about no Leafs.

So kids, hide your girlfriends and hide your wives because the Leafs are blowing into town and both teams suck so bad that no one will buy expensive tickets off stubhub no matter how much the Sabres brass market the team to Ontario. It's like a hurricane of stanky desperation and mediocrity is blowing into town, what? oh that's just the smell coming from Mike BadCock... sorry my bad.

Anyways Let's go Buffalo! Give the Toronto news media something to write about, for them a win is a win and loss is a win. They are having a reverse kobayashi maru but they cheated harder than Jame Tiberius Kirk so whatevers. Just look forward to them talking about how Eichel's 2g and Reinhart's 2a pale in comparison to the 1 ppp that Nylander got by banking a puck off of 2 defenders, some cocaine that got left out, Brendan Shenanigan's old "not a suspension" videos, and 300 emails btw league exacts detailing how trying to decapitate a player is just good ole fashioned fun! Nylander will also be voted 1st star along with Mat Sundin because the Buffalo News Media think Ryan O'Reilly didn't overcome as much as Nyalnder's magical super deflection power play goal.

PS. B!tc#3s Love Canons. That's why Risto and Bogo get the ladies... that or Risto's sexy blonde locks or Bogo's lumberjack beard.

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm going to the game tonight. I've been to 8 this year and they haven't won any of them. Sorry everyone.

So we'll see a true test of the "resistable force" - the Loafs ALWAYS losing in Buffalo going up against the "moveable object" - Clint's penchant for never being in building when the Sabres win. This could be one for the ages.

Clint, please don't wuss out and leave at the start of OT; I'd like to see this experiment play out in it's entirety! :p

Geaux Sab-res!

So we'll see a true test of the "resistable force" - the Loafs ALWAYS losing in Buffalo going up against the "moveable object" - Clint's penchant for never being in building when the Sabres win. This could be one for the ages.

Clint, please don't wuss out and leave at the start of OT; I'd like to see this experiment play out in it's entirety! :P

Geaux Sab-res!

The way game I've been to have gone I wouldn't leave if there was even the slightest chance we could even get a point.

⚔ Sabres lines:

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Fasching

Deslauriers-Eichel-Reinhart

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

C.O'Reilly-Legwand-Moulson

#TORvsBUF

Though I prefer Eichel & Reinhart together over O'Reilly & Reinhart, flip Jack & Ryan. The idea of Jack centering Zemgus & Hudson is beyond intriguing.

Oh man guys we better take this game super serious.  I heard that the Leaf's rebuild is years ahead of ours. They beat us once this year! I even heard that Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart are worse than Nylander and ... wait a second I need to look up their other rookies... hold on... sorry computer is slow... oh yea Connor Brown, that guy he's like a poor man's McDavid or something. Look all I know is we aren't as good as the leafs according to scien.... scientology.

I also heard that ROR is half as good as Nazem Kadri! I mean we are basically just screwed and not in a fun way like when you do a headstand wearing a parka while your partner, wait let's get back to hockey. Bottle line is the only player man enough to stand up to the big bad leafs is Zach Bogosian and I heard that Dion Phaneuf is so intimidating to Zach that he has scared him straight, from the press box while playing for another team.  You ever see a an angry man child in a well tailored suit scowl? Well Bogo has and it turned him into a puddle of gooo. The good news is Nelson our new defender isn't from Canada so he's like a honey badger and he don't care about no Leafs.

So kids, hide your girlfriends and hide your wives because the Leafs are blowing into town and both teams suck so bad that no one will buy expensive tickets off stubhub no matter how much the Sabres brass market the team to Ontario. It's like a hurricane of stanky desperation and mediocrity is blowing into town, what? oh that's just the smell coming from Mike BadCock... sorry my bad.

Anyways Let's go Buffalo! Give the Toronto news media something to write about, for them a win is a win and loss is a win. They are having a reverse kobayashi maru but they cheated harder than Jame Tiberius Kirk so whatevers. Just look forward to them talking about how Eichel's 2g and Reinhart's 2a pale in comparison to the 1 ppp that Nylander got by banking a puck off of 2 defenders, some cocaine that got left out, Brendan Shenanigan's old "not a suspension" videos, and 300 emails btw league exacts detailing how trying to decapitate a player is just good ole fashioned fun! Nylander will also be voted 1st star along with Mat Sundin because the Buffalo News Media think Ryan O'Reilly didn't overcome as much as Nyalnder's magical super deflection power play goal.

PS. B!tc#3s Love Canons. That's why Risto and Bogo get the ladies... that or Risto's sexy blonde locks or Bogo's lumberjack beard.

Nice. I really, really do hate how Leafs fans really do think just like this

Though I prefer Eichel & Reinhart together over O'Reilly & Reinhart, flip Jack & Ryan. The idea of Jack centering Zemgus & Hudson is beyond intriguing.

Yeah, I really wanna see that. At least once before the season ends

I was born in Toronto and have hated the leaves ever since.

Win any way you can.

GO SABRES!!

But, still ya gotta love their rally chant: Blow, Leafs, Blow!

Or, to paraphrase Freddie Mercury: Anyway, the Leafs blow.

[Edit:Thanks, NS for catching major :oops:]

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.