Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Perhaps I missed it somewhere but I don't recall seeing it.

Is there a compelling reason to NOT be worried about his blood clot issues from this year?  

I'm not sold on sinking a major contract on a guy who might have to retire prematurely.

Is there a compelling reason to NOT be worried about his blood clot issues from this year?

I'm not sold on sinking a major contract on a guy who might have to retire prematurely.

He's been medically cleared that it was the result of a collision, it is not a reoccurring genetic condition like Pascal had

No risk there, if he goes out on LTIR, he will not count against the cap. See: Pronger, Chris.

@_Buffalo_Sports

Tim Murray and the Pegula's are speaking with Stamkos and Newport again this afternoon. Talks have progressed into contract demands. #Sabres

Don't know if posted already but here you go  :P

I swear, if this happens......oh my freaking God. Pay him 10.5, sign Vesey and let's all go on a Cup journey together

@_Buffalo_Sports

Tim Murray and the Pegula's are speaking with Stamkos and Newport again this afternoon. Talks have progressed into contract demands. #Sabres

Don't know if posted already but here you go  :P

yeah!   Glad to hear he's atleast giving BUF a chance to make a presentation and talk numbers.     Although, technically they're not allowed to talk numbers yet, not sure how the league can police that.

what about this guy?  haha

Howard Berger
@Berger_BYTES

A "birdie" whispered to me that Steven Stamkos is looking primarily at the #Leafs and #BuffaloSabres, were he to leave Tampa. Hmmm.

He's a radio host in Toronto. Probably as reliable as our WGR friends, so it's worth considering as a source but certainly nothing ironclad.

Can anything be ironclad with trade rumors or the whims of GM's or superstar FA's?  I get the griping with the non-legit twitter sources to an extent, but I think most seasoned hockey fans take every nugget of news at this time of year with a huge grain of salt no matter the source....or at least they should.

Can anything be ironclad with trade rumors or the whims of GM's or superstar FA's?  I get the griping with the non-legit twitter sources to an extent, but I think most seasoned hockey fans take every nugget of news at this time of year with a huge grain of salt no matter the source....or at least they should.

Meant that as a way of saying it's not a known source. Haven't seen him report much else, but he probably does have some sources after working sports radio in Toronto for so long. Whether those sources are reliable, he actually got this from a source or if he's just pulling it out of his ass is another question.

Another tough thing with trade rumors is what the motivation of the source it. Toronto and Buffalo would seem to be the two teams most likely to be used to drive the price up.

I don't think we are going to sign him, /snip

I don't think we are going to sign him, either, but you always were one of the more optimistic ones about our chances. Has that changed? Or is it more if a function of, we have as good odds as most, but all other teams combined, make it unlikely we get him?

Jim Fink is a business reporter, but still, I suppose he knows people who know people...

A growing buzz in some NHL circles that high profile FAs (Babcock last year) and Stamkos are using Sabres as a 'leverage' for better deals

Good. Up bid the outta Stamkos, let Toronto eat the obscene cap hit. Won't bother me.

It will bother me, but not because he isn't here, but rather because Toronto just got another thing it wanted out of the rebuild without any real work. F them.

When asked on TSN MacKenzie said Sabres are his first choice. For what that's worth.

The most recent comments from Bob was two days ago when he said he thinks Buffalo, Detroit and Toronto are the "triangle" most likely to land him.

I'm going to guess you either saw a fake tweet or just a rehash of the hypothetical where Bob was forced to answer the Stamkos questions differently than his other panelists already had been (this was a few months ago).

If Bob had just said he thinks Buffalo is the lead it would be all over social media by now.

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.