Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

You schooled me in an earlier post and I want to tell you I didn't simply ignore it. I appreciate your points of view on the matter of Stamkos, Steven. It absolutely screws with our salary and players etc .  

I also want you to understand I am irrational sports fan and I don't care how it works if we legitimately have a chance to add him. Do it. I will worry about the fallout after the Buffalo Sabres name is engraved on a cup and in my lifetime even! I think he elevates our shot immensely. Obviously.

I read this quickly at first as "You schooled me in an earlier post and I want to tell you I ignored it." I won't lie, it was funnier that way :p

I read this quickly at first as "You schooled me in an earlier post and I want to tell you I ignored it." I won't lie, it was funnier that way :P

I like you're version better!  :w00t:  Honestly though I simply lost track of where it is and know that it requires some effort on my part to reply to given the detail Crusader laid out. So I ignored it.

Better?

I like you're version better!  :w00t:  Honestly though I simply lost track of where it is and know that it requires some effort on my part to reply to given the detail Crusader laid out. So I ignored it.

Better?

I approve :thumbsup:

Oops. Meant Pysyk of course.

...and another joke fails

Don't feel too bad, your jokes are still better than your defensemen evaluations  :nana:

Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Stamkos, one of their team reporters said he doesn't expect to be a player in the sweepstakes. Sabres main competition is TB and Detroit. Expect a sign and trade between BUF and TB where BUF gets Stamkos for 8/$91 and sends TB a conditional 2017 2nd, upgraded to a 1st if the Sabres make the conference finals in 2017

Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Stamkos, one of their team reporters said he doesn't expect to be a player in the sweepstakes. Sabres main competition is TB and Detroit. Expect a sign and trade between BUF and TB where BUF gets Stamkos for 8/$91 and sends TB a conditional 2017 2nd, upgraded to a 1st if the Sabres make the conference finals in 2017

That's pretty specific.

But I can see a sign-and-trade being negotiated with someone to seal the deal here.

You can only exceed the cap by 10% during the offseason. TOR has $7mil in cap space, they can go up to about $80mil, so they have about $14mil in wiggle room.

DET and BUF both have about $19mil in space.

I approve :thumbsup:

Millennial much?  :P

I don't see it happening, but I'll be giddy if the NHL starts seeing sign-and-trades. Such a fun aspect of NBA trading.

No. While I may agree that it is a fun aspect, I think of Dom in reverse when I think of this scenario. And why should Tampa benefit at all? The guy is going FA and that is all. We've been there and understand it. I'm not interested in giving them anything to sign and trade. You are harming the team you're going to join? Why? See you July 1.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow  14h

For what it's worth, the sense is -- and I share it -- that Detroit has jumped to top of list as Stamkos landing spot.

Some reasons Original Six Team and proven track record of winning

I believe John is correct with this belief. 

And this will be the ultimate Because Buffalo. 

Do not win in a  three way competition between TOR, DET and Buffalo for Babcock.

Lose out to the one of the same two teams for Stamkos.  

I hope I am wrong, but it just makes too much sense. 

Edited by BRAWNDO

If Stamkos goes to Detroit, he's a dummy. Original Six and proven winning record don't mean ###### compared to what's on the current roster and who's in the stable.

It may but I can see the allure. Coming here is cloudy as to who will be the man. Detroit leaves no question when it comes to that.

I agree Qwk, but Detroit can guarantee he will be the number one center for the foreseeable future. With Eichel and ROR can the Sabres make the same guarantee? This is probably why Murray reinterated he sees Stamkos as a center.

There are other reports that the Sabres will at least get the chance to meet with him. Hopefully the selling of the blueprint is successful .

I agree Qwk, but Detroit can guarantee he will be the number one center for the foreseeable future. With Eichel and ROR can the Sabres make the same guarantee? This is probably why Murray reinterated he sees Stamkos as a center.

There are other reports that the Sabres will at least get the chance to meet with him. Hopefully the selling of the blueprint is successful .

Now, I love ROR! I really do. But he's not Steven F#ck!ng Stamkos! Jack isn't on his level yet either. Jack is going to be on his level very soon and then he will surpass it, but until then, Stammer would be the guy. Probably 2 solid years of being The Guy. And then Jack takes over as the face of the league. Right after our second parade in 2 years.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow  14h

For what it's worth, the sense is -- and I share it -- that Detroit has jumped to top of list as Stamkos landing spot.

Some reasons Original Six Team and proven track record of winning

I believe John is correct with this belief. 

And this will be the ultimate Because Buffalo. 

Do not win in a  three way competition between TOR, DET and Buffalo for Babcock.

Lose out to the one of the same two teams for Stamkos.  

I hope I am wrong, but it just makes too much sense. 

I'd be fine with him going to Detroit since he'd effectively just cancel out Datsyuk leaving and add a bit more. The only place I don't want him going is in Toronto.

Stamkos will be a Sabre.... I'm not swallowing any negative Buffalo stuff...  definitely not swallowing Detroit BS. Detroit is yesterdays news IMO, and will not be cup contenders for a little while as they purge their aged team. They only have 9 players 26 or younger. If Stamkos goes to Detroit he is going to be apart of rebuild IMO

Buffalo just had an amazing draft weekend the hockey world is buzzing about Buffalo becoming Hockey Town USA, and the Pegula's charm and Murray's shrewdness will set us over the top. We have some positive mojo happening and that parlays into Stamkos

We all know Money will not be the issue

Edited by ddaryl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.