Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Rumor: "Leafs have a plan to give Stamkos a $3.5M marketing contract... vetted by the league and the lawyers... not in the player contract."

reddit

Bob McCown podcast. June 28th 4pm hour @ 7 minutes 29 seconds

It's either ###### or IT REALLY IS ######.

all Stamkos needs to do is call up Phaneuf and Kessel and ask them what it's like to play in Toronto as their top paid saviour, I think you would see the cartoon smoke/dust cloud and Stamkos would be gone

As for those who wouldn't do it for more then 5 years, if there's anything we should have learned by now, bad contracts are not hard to dump. How many times have we laughed at other teams dumb financial moves only to see them get out of it later by dealing the player to a bottom feeder looking for cap help or a name to sell merchandise. It didn't take the Wings long to go from Datsyuks contract is untradeable to done deal Phoenix.

Edited by apuszczalowski

And the negative nancy shows their face.

BOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Love the defeatist attitude that beat down perennial loser Buffalo fans have embraced fully

Come on. Everyone knew the Sabres weren't getting McDavid or Babcock and everyone knows we aren't getting Stamkos. It's just reality. We have to live in the real world. Eichel, Canalside and Pegulaville aside, it's a generally crummy team, franchise, market and city. That's pretty tough to overcome in the recruiting department.

Come on. Everyone knew the Sabres weren't getting McDavid or Babcock and everyone knows we aren't getting Stamkos. It's just reality. We have to live in the real world. Eichel, Canalside and Pegulaville aside, it's a generally crummy team, franchise, market and city. That's pretty tough to overcome in the recruiting department.

I totally agree with the beginning of your post, but am completely opposed to what you say at the end.

If we sign Stamkos, who is Captain next year? I say ROR is still the leader of this team.

Gionta next year, with ROR and Stammer getting A's. Year after when Gio is gone, ROR as C, Stammer and one of Eichel/Risto/Ryeneheart with the A's. ROR is the long time captain of this team, but Gio gets it out of respect until he's gone.

1) No way in hell Stamkos is putting serious thought into Buffalo

2) no way in hell he takes a deal under 7 years

3) No way in hell Stamkos is putting serious thought into Buffalo

I disagree with #1 and #3, but you are right about #2.  It's just not realistic to say "I'd only sign Stamkos to a 5-year deal or shorter."  That means you wouldn't sign him.

I know right? Buffalo may as well tear down the Harborcenter and FN'C and build a steel mill.

Bring back the 1980's Sabres!!!

Gionta. O'Reilly (or MAYBE Eichel). Stamkos gets a courtesy A.

Gionta next year, with ROR and Stammer getting A's. Year after when Gio is gone, ROR as C, Stammer and one of Eichel/Risto/Ryeneheart with the A's. ROR is the long time captain of this team, but Gio gets it out of respect until he's gone.

Brian Gionta is gone next year. This year is his last year. I am so confused by these two posts. We aren't re-signing him and if we do he won't be Captain. 

Brian Gionta is gone next year. This year is his last year. I am so confused by these two posts. We aren't re-signing him and if we do he won't be Captain. 

He is not a UFA this offseason. He is a UFA next offseason. For this upcoming year, he will continue to be the captain. When it is over and he leaves he will no longer be captain. Then ROR will be captain.

I don't even know if he makes it to this season. If they sign Stamkos and Vesey they have to move some forwards and they may cut ties with Gionta and give the 'C' to ROR. Don't know if getting the 'C' would be an issue for SS.

I think this is said in sarcasm? If not and you are representative of Buffalo thinking no wonder some in the national media beat on us. Heck we seem to do a pretty good job of it ourselves. That said I would be surprised if we get Stamkos and maybe I'm in the minority but it doesn't bother for what I think the cost would be.

Have my doubts about Sabres getting Stamkos, Vessey more likely and it may be better for him

going Buff v. Leaves... more playing time. Buff is in similar situation to the Oil in that its hard to attract FA, if i had to guess he will stay in Tampa and Buff signs Vessey.

I think this is said in sarcasm? If not and you are representative of Buffalo thinking no wonder some in the national media beat on us. Heck we seem to do a pretty good job of it ourselves. That said I would be surprised if we get Stamkos and maybe I'm in the minority but it doesn't bother for what I think the cost would be.

Just ignore him, he's either trolling or a self-hating Buffalonian. Either way I have no time for it.

He is not a UFA this offseason. He is a UFA next offseason. For this upcoming year, he will continue to be the captain. When it is over and he leaves he will no longer be captain. Then ROR will be captain.

What are you talking about this offseason for? Who will be captain next season, not next offseason but next season. Next season is 2017/18 and Brian Gionta will not be a Sabre.

What are you talking about this offseason for? Who will be captain next season, not next offseason but next season. Next season is 2017/18 and Brian Gionta will not be a Sabre.

No, next season is 2016/2017, and he will still be a Sabre for that season. If you are talking about 2017/2018 you are correct and he will no longer be on the team. Calm thyself, we're in violent agreement here.

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/294

Having never been to Buffalo, the negativity baffles me.

Is it really that much a cesspool on first impression?

What I read on here is how much residents and former residents love it.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.