Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

The closer we get to judgement day, the less confident I feel about signing our lord and savior Steven Stamkos.

I disagree. If he doesn't do TB now, or TO right out of the gate, we're likely his landing spot IMHO. This would be the kind of signing Pegula loves.

Oh ###### there's a TW contest this year!?

Yeah you kinda disappeared for a minute there and missed that :lol:

Between Goligoski, Des, and Juolevi, I'm not off to a great start

Remember when Babcock's most logical destination was here, and he chose that tire fire up in Toronto?

Edited by WildCard

Matt Moulson's sh% last year was the worst of his career. So either the guy had a bad year and will rebound or he went from being a 20goal scorer to crap in the span of 1 offseason. 

Sure looked like crap to me.

Great way to look at it.

That being said, who was the high priced Free Agent on the Penguins this past year?

I'm sure there was one or two but can't think of them.

Consider Fat Phil the equivalent of an fa.

Don't want to overpay for Okposo either but if he could be had at a reasonable price he would be a solid back up plan. No reason why he couldn't duplicate his 60+ points in 70+ games with eichel or O'Reilly as his center. Believe me, he'd have no problem finishing off Eichel's passes

Don't want to overpay for Okposo either but if he could be had at a reasonable price he would be a solid back up plan. No reason why he couldn't duplicate his 60+ points in 70+ games with eichel or O'Reilly as his center. Believe me, he'd have no problem finishing off Eichel's passes

8 Million x 5 you in?

Sign Stamkos, hope they get two or three good to great years from him and then trade him once the rest of the team comes of age and there is a cup or two in the case. Get an NHL piece to replace him and a bunch of futures to further stock the shelves. Simple.

Sign Stamkos, hope they get two or three good to great years from him and then trade him once the rest of the team comes of age and there is a cup or two in the case. Get an NHL piece to replace him and a bunch of futures to further stock the shelves. Simple.

There is no way this happens. His contract will come complete with the works; a NMC and NTC

No thanks...pass

8 Million x 5 you in?

I'd be tempted, but not too happy about that. 

No thanks...pass

Agreed.

There is no way this happens. His contract will come complete with the works; a NMC and NTC

I'd be tempted, but not too happy about that. 

I'm not even remotely tempted. But I am in on Stamkos. A different level of player.

Agreed.

I'm not even remotely tempted. But I am in on Stamkos. A different level of player.

Longer term for a longer price, along with other aspects that I believe are an issue. Granted they cannot be fully proven, but I still hold them

Honestly, if Stamkos wanted a $11Mx5 deal, I do that all day

Edited by WildCard

Yeah you kinda disappeared for a minute there and missed that :lol:

Between Goligoski, Des, and Juolevi, I'm not off to a great start

Remember when Babcock's most logical destination was here, and he chose that tire fire up in Toronto?

Think I had both Vessey and Stamkos coming to us, Juolevi at #8 though, didn't think Nylander would drop.

Edited by Huckleberry

I think Stamkos signs in Detroit for 7 years at 10million per. I think Toronto and Buffalo offer him more money but he likes Detroit better. I am just speculating completely here. 

Has any one ever lived in Detroit? Its a freaking cestpool.. If Buffalo didnt have such a bad rap Detroit would be in our spot..Nothing good to offer there....Foreclosed empty homes everywhere, its a joke...

+1

Has any one ever lived in Detroit? Its a freaking cestpool.. If Buffalo didnt have such a bad rap Detroit would be in our spot..Nothing good to offer there....Foreclosed empty homes everywhere, its a joke...

I would go and say Buffalo is on a great rebound and in the midst of a rebirth Detroit just bounced off their bottom. 

I don't think we are going to sign him, but looking at the forward roster there certainly is an enticing fit that no one has really spelled out.

Two strong offensive lines:

With a speedy puck carrier like Ennis, Stamkos gets a chance to rekindle the type of chemistry he had with Matin St. Louis. Vesey has the skill to play with those two, adds some size and can clean up the garbage.

We all know about the chemistry of Eichel and Reinhart, but Jack also had good feels with Zemgus, who adds speed, back checking and forechecking.

The best checking line in hockey:

ROR and Kane could combine for 50 playing against the other team's best. Gionta has the savvy to ride shotgun here.

A fourth line of Marcus Johan and DLo who showed good chemistry last year in camp. The first two are good enough to play on most third lines.

Moulson for depth.

It's got speed, size, skill, smarts, depth - that's a unit that could challenge for the cup.

I don't think we are going to sign him, but looking at the forward roster there certainly is an enticing fit that no one has really spelled out.

Two strong offensive lines:

With a speedy puck carrier like Ennis, Stamkos gets a chance to rekindle the type of chemistry he had with Matin St. Louis. Vesey has the skill to play with those two, adds some size and can clean up the garbage.

We all know about the chemistry of Eichel and Reinhart, but Jack also had good feels with Zemgus, who adds speed, back checking and forechecking.

The best checking line in hockey:

ROR and Kane could combine for 50 playing against the other team's best. Gionta has the savvy to ride shotgun here.

A fourth line of Marcus Johan and DLo who showed good chemistry last year in camp. The first two are good enough to play on most third lines.

Moulson for depth.

It's got speed, size, skill, smarts, depth - that's a unit that could challenge for the cup.

Stop the Moulson madness! He is not an NHL player in any role anymore. If he's not in Rochester (barring some miraculous turnaround in his game), I'll be quite annoyed.

Have said it before, others as well, it would flat out suck if Toronto lands Stamkos and Vesey. Not as much for Stamkos. But the addition of Vesey would make my head explode. 

Learned of this today. 

And Stamkos' hometown Maple Leafs, due to a 53.53 percent combined federal/provincial tax rate, would have to offer him $12.37 million annually over seven years to net the same as he'd make over eight years at $8.5 million in Tampa

Endorsements Stamkos would have in the Toronto area may counter that, but it is rather interesting. If he chooses to play for the Rangers or Islanders 10 mill would be equivalent to 8.5 mill in Tampa. 

Have said it before, others as well, it would flat out suck if Toronto lands Stamkos and Vesey. Not as much for Stamkos. But the addition of Vesey would make my head explode.

Learned of this today.

And Stamkos' hometown Maple Leafs, due to a 53.53 percent combined federal/provincial tax rate, would have to offer him $12.37 million annually over seven years to net the same as he'd make over eight years at $8.5 million in Tampa

Endorsements Stamkos would have in the Toronto area may counter that, but it is rather interesting. If he chooses to play for the Rangers or Islanders 10 mill would be equivalent to 8.5 mill in Tampa.

At the risk of turning this into a mega thread, the NBA has been looking at adjusting the salary cap of each team based on income tax, which would make situations like this so much easier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.