Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

I'm curious, why do you think that?

ANA and LA have very strong personalities in the locker room.   Any new comers better fall in line or you'll be shunned.    Buffalo is still piecing together a core and it's a young group.    They need to develop a stronger culture in the locker room before bringing in a guy who likes to do it his own way.   Not enough peer pressure in the Buffalo locker room yet....  see Kane, Evander... you think he'd have over slept for practice in LA or ANA with guys like Brown, Doughty or Getzlaf holding him accountable?   

• 2 weeks later...

Does this change his value? I'm no expert on blood clots and ones ability to recover.

Having had a clot in my leg once they put you on blood thinners for 3 months minimum. I don't know where they get one month from if he has a deep vein thrombosis. They don't necessarily come back but I got mine from a puck glancing off my calf muscle.

Jeez.  too bad for Stamkos.  McCormick can't seem to get medically cleared to play after blood clots.  Scary stuff.

Who was it from the Penguins that missed alot of time due to blood clots?  Did he come back and play at his prior level?

Jeez. too bad for Stamkos. McCormick can't seem to get medically cleared to play after blood clots. Scary stuff.

Who was it from the Penguins that missed alot of time due to blood clots? Did he come back and play at his prior level?

Pascal Dupuis, and he actually retired because of it. But it sounds like his situation began differently and the symptoms/locations were also different from Stamkos'.

Just answering your question though, not trying to say anything about Stamkos' situation, as that would be some faulty inductive reasoning. I know very little about the nature of blood clots and their varying severity, so I'll just wish Stamkos the best in his recovery! A tweet I saw yesterday said to expect a full recovery, although it seems early to already announce that.

Here's a Dupuis article: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=791588

It sounds like Stamkos has thoracic outlet syndrome, a condition where the branchial plexus (composed of a nerve, artery and vein) of the shoulder is impinged by the first rib or the sheath surrounding it, which can lead to a blood clot formation. Surgery is partial removal of the first rib or resection of the sheath. It's also possible they are inserting a stent into the affected blood vessel and/or performing a manual clot retrieval. They will also perform genetic testing to see if he if is pre disposed to developing blood clots, based on the results he may need life long anti coagulation. If it is a simple clot 3 months of therapy is the treatment as Promo mentioned.

It sounds like Stamkos has thoracic outlet syndrome, a condition where the branchial plexus (composed of a nerve, artery and vein) of the shoulder is impinged by the first rib or the sheath surrounding it, which can lead to a blood clot formation. Surgery is partial removal of the first rib or resection of the sheath. It's also possible they are inserting a stent into the affected blood vessel and/or performing a manual clot retrieval. They will also perform genetic testing to see if he if is pre disposed to developing blood clots, based on the results he may need life long anti coagulation. If it is a simple clot 3 months of therapy is the treatment as Promo mentioned.

Quit bringing your doctor crap in here ;)

Don't you known, he has Marfans and CIPA

Lightning press release confirms your Internet diagnosis. We need more info. as to what type of that syndrome Stamkos has. http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/cardiovascular_report/cardiovascular_report_winter_2013/effort_thrombosis_an_unusual_disease_in_athletes

Hey, TrueBlue, what's the website where I can find a stats on linemates? 

http://leftwinglock.com

Quit bringing your doctor crap in here ;)

Don't you known, he has Marfans and CIPA

I didn't get that far on WebMD yet 

Lightning press release confirms your Internet diagnosis. We need more info. as to what type of that syndrome Stamkos has. http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/cardiovascular_report/cardiovascular_report_winter_2013/effort_thrombosis_an_unusual_disease_in_athletes

He has the vascular type, surgery to relieve the obstruction, three months of anticoagulants and he is ready for October for his Leafs Debut 

It's interesting, but I think there's an awful lot of post hoc criticism in there.

Agreed. Cooper was the right move IMO. He probably should have talked to St.Louis, but he got a very good return for him; Lecavlier isn't his fault. Other than that, the Stamkos negotiations, and the Callahan/role player extensions are indeed worrying. Hard to blame him for Drouin as I think that's on Cooper or Drouin

I don't think TB is totally screwed if Stamkos walks either; depending on how Stevie Y throws out money to the rest of his team. They should have cap to play with to find a good center replacement and fill in some other holes either money left over

Edited by WildCard

"We all know Steven Stamkos is a strong leader. He captained his team to game six of the Stanley Cup Final last season. He also has an incredible work ethic; he is well known for his rigorous offseason training with Gary Roberts. While these strong intangibles are difficult to quantify, they still should play a meaningful role in justifying a premium valuation for Stamkos."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.