GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-18-2016

WildCard

*Ahem*

Yooooouuuuuuurrrrrrr Buuuuuffffffaaallllloooooooo Saaaabbbrrreesssss are reaaadddyyyy tooooo rumble!!!!! We're back in black baby, and ready for action. We've got ROR back, Jack Eichel scoring likes it's his ###### job (which it is), a wizard in Samson Reinhart on his wing, and Captain Insano in net. We. Are. Ready. To Rolllllllll!!!!. 

Your Buffalo Sabres are currently coming off a 3-2 OT loss, one in which punctuating just how salty the leagues mouth tastes when it comes to the Montreal Canadians, and are looking to come back with a statement win tonight against the divisional rival Ottawa Senators. The loss, however many 'bullshits' were involved, did indeed see the revival of the Sabres power play as ROR made a b-e-a-utiful sauce pass over to 'Bury One, Give One' (@LTS) Bogosian for a questionable goal to say the least. Still, combining that with a little bit o' rough and tough that the refs stopped in order to save Scrivens from testing the Canadian health care system, the Sabres played a good game, and one they should have one. Look for your boys in blue and gold to come out strong tonight, and ruin the annual playoff push that is the Ottawa Senators attempting to legitimize failing to support the best offensive defenseman since Bobby Orr

The Senators? These guys? These guys right here? Well, ###### these guys. Sitting at 74 points, 7 outside of the last playoff spot, Ottawa still thinks they can somehow make it in and lose in the first round yet again. Cue the entire Canadian capital going crazy during the offseason, freaking out that they were 'this close' from a legitimate playoff push. Hey Ottawa, wanna know what you're missing? Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel, Ryan O'Reilly....yeah, centers. Enjoy your misery and the insane contract you shackled Karlsson to while it lasts.

Game Preview

Stats:

All Stats: Ottawa @ Buffalo (3-1 loss)

All Stats: Buffalo @ Ottawa (3-2 win)

All Stats: Buffalo @ Ottawa (2-1 loss)

Thursday Practice Report

The Sabres outshot the Canadiens 43-22 on Wednesday, an impressive margin, but still weren’t able to come away with a win. With the loss, they fell to 8-18-4 on the season when outshooting their opponent.

"What we talked about today during our meeting is, we don’t think we got enough net-front presence," Bylsma said. "We got opportunities, but I don’t think we got enough net-front opportunities. It's something, probably as a result is how many times we've scored a goal."

Buffalo:
Forwards:
Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

19 Cal O'Reilly – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 3 Mark Pysyk

Goalies:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

image.jpg

Edited by WildCard

Nice preview.

I especially enjoy calling out the Senators as middling pretenders a la Buffalo 2011.

The spirit of Chris Drury compels you, Sabres: Destroy the Senators.

Oh. And ###### Chris Neil.

One of the reasons I hate the Senators. Still remember watching that play live on TV. Total bs. Hope the Sabres spank the Senators tonight. 

Anyone else think this is Chad's last hurrah as a Sabre?

Given the potential rules changes next season, I want him around for them.  Who knows which goalies rise to the top with smaller equipment?  I'm not putting all my money on Lehner.

Edited by We've

Clearly Lehner and Colaiacovo not ready today. #Sabres recall Chad Ruhwedel and Nathan Lieuwen. Per Joe Yerdon

Anyone else think this is Chad's last hurrah as a Sabre?

Given the potential rules changes next season, I want him around for them.  Who knows which goalies rise to the top with smaller equipment?  I'm not putting all my money on Lehner.

:blink:

(Maybe both Chads are gonna be left hanging after this season?)

With all the goalies in our system (Markarov, Liuewuen, Kasdorph, Ullmark) I can't see Johnson sticking around. I feel that one of those guys will back up Lehner and by one of those guys I mean Ullmark.

I feel like Markarov and Liuewen have 0 future with the Sabres unless they're content staying in Rochester.

Nice GDT WC.  Are you in school for creative writing?  It might be your calling.

Can't wait to see just how Big The Johnson is tonight.  I bet he fills the crease and then some.

Just imagine how much edging Rob Ray might perceive.

Rudy has been playing well in Rochester. I still think he sucks. Let's see how he plays tonight I guess. 

quintessential d4rk.

I think just called two players up who are less likely to screw up the amerks playoff chances.

Also if the Amerks make the play offs do you send eichel and reinhart down or is it to late for that ?

Too late. It's why Bailey went down when he did, that was the deadline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.