GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-18-2016

WildCard

Neil is a POS, not a bad skater, but just like John Scott, where is Milbury's outrage now?! Foligno would kill him, but wasnt on ice. Kane unsure. But someone needs to end his career if the NHL doesnt. This where Bailey would have useful for 1 game.

Bailey?!  Not a fighter.

Observations

Sabers are 14-11-6 in the 2nd half of the season

Early offsides issues gone, demonstrably better on PP and PK, obvious improvement from beginning to end of the year.... Why the Bylsma hate??

Johnson is 7-2-1 in his last 10 starts..... Do we keep him??

I love the way Kane plays but can you please score on a f'n breakaway

To all Bunkerites.... Bogosian has been our best Dman the 2nd half of the season

The kids kicked it up while ROR was out and now with him we have looked really good the past 2 games

I think the team protects its own but they seem particularly protective of Reinhart

I'm going to miss Legwand, very good on the PK and just seems like a good veteran guy for the kids

Midseason I thought Foligno was a goner, I don't think so anymore

Have they picked a date for the lottery draft yet??? April 18th I think last year. That's about a month away, I'm beginning to think we have no chance for a top 4 pick unless we get lucky 

Edited by jsb

I would say no up until Lehner's ankle started acting up. Now I think it's likely.

I'm going to miss Legwand, very good on the PK and just seems like a good veteran guy for the kids

If he hangs up the skates this year I could see him back as a coach.

Absolutely I would love him on my team.  Hate him as an opponent.

NFW Neil is in any way intimidated by Kane. 

Put down the pipe.  You've had enough.

Very true.  Alot of the emotion is leftover from Drury.

Like I said, heavies.

You really think so? Neil is his prime matched up with Kane, I think you get a hell of a fight. Today, I think Kane takes him apart. He has serious punching skills, and very quick fists, he's got boxing in his background and IMO it shows. His hand speed is fast, I think he would be able to take Neil apart at this stage in his career. Neil of course would have a punchers chance and I'm not saying he still can't throw down, but Kane is very, very strong. I think Kane wins. 

Edit - No comment on the Pipe, though. 

Observations

Sabers are 14-11-6 in the 2nd half of the season

Early offsides issues gone, demonstrably better on PP and PK, obvious improvement from beginning to end of the year.... Why the Bylsma hate??

I love the way Kane plays but can you please score on a f'n breakaway

To all Bunkerites.... Bogosian has been our best Dman the 2nd half of the season

The kids kicked it up while ROR was out and now with him we have looked really good the past 2 games

I think the team protects its own but they seem particularly protective of Reinhart

Midseason I thought Foligno was a goner, I don't think so anymore

Have they picked a date for the lottery draft yet??? April 18th I think last year. That's about a month away, I'm beginning to think we have no chance for a top 4 pick unless we get lucky 

I would hope we sign him to be the back up next year. I really think he is quite capable in that position. I like the guy. 

Bogosian has definitely improved, noticeably. I was a little worried for a bit, but if this is the real Bogo, we've got a steady second pair D-man going forward, and our D as a whole looks considerably better than it did when he wasn't playing as well.

Foligno I think makes a quality 3rd liner moving forward. We are seeing a lot of progress from a lot of guys this year. 

Edited by Thorny

At the very least a league where players were still allowed to police themselves.

To what end? Did it prevent liberties from being taken? Can we be honest and call a spade a spade? It was, and what's left of it is, a sideshow.

If you don't hate Neil - ###### HATE him - then we can't be friends.

Sorry, buddy, but he's a villain from nine years ago who was mildly messing with our love child in a meaningless game in March. I did not have to take a walk to clear my head afterwards.

To what end? Did it prevent liberties from being taken? Can we be honest and call a spade a spade? It was, and what's left of it is, a sideshow.

Sorry, buddy, but he's a villain from nine years ago who was mildly messing with our love child in a meaningless game in March. I did not have to take a walk to clear my head afterwards.

Sideshows are all we have left. 5 out of 6 games I find myself falling asleep. 

You really think so? Neil is his prime matched up with Kane, I think you get a hell of a fight. Today, I think Kane takes him apart. He has serious punching skills, and very quick fists, he's got boxing in his background and IMO it shows. His hand speed is fast, I think he would be able to take Neil apart at this stage in his career. Neil of course would have a punchers chance and I'm not saying he still can't throw down, but Kane is very, very strong. I think Kane wins. 

Edit - No comment on the Pipe, though. 

Yup, I do.  Tonight Neil beat another fighter that D-Lo (our best fighter) couldn't beat.

Edited by We've

Yup, I do.  Tonight Neil beat another fighter that D-Lo (our best fighter) couldn't beat.

Oh, I think Kane is miles better at fighting than Deslauriers is. D-Lo is crazier, but Kane actually has fighting skill. That can't be underestimated in a league where the fighters are generally just strong, tough guys. Even if it is on skates. His boxing background can't be ignored.

Hopefully we get to see 'em go! Highly doubt it will happen though.

Edited by Thorny

That pass by O'Reilly on the Deslauriers goal was PRETTY. Kane rang a smart dump in around the boards, O'Reilly picked it up, spun, and shot an amazing pass over to Nic despite the puck being on edge. WOW.

Samson and Eichel are so good, just styling on the Sens. There was one shift where I don't think anybody else touched the puck. They're both noticably stronger than they were earlier in the season as well.

I thought Kane played a really nice game. His wheels buy him breakaways, but he'll never put them away like Eichel does. It's fine, though, because he tilts the ice in our favor every time he's on the ice. And he seems to be doing a lot better with letting the more talented players on his line work the puck.

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.