Eichel and Reinhart: The Dynamic Duo

DR HOLLIDAY

The Kane-Jack-Samson line is the line Kane was looking forward to when he came here. It's the lineup I think many fans envisioned over the summer before the season began.

It's clear Kane puts in the work, and his type of hockey IQ may be confusing us all since he clearly was out-thinking us by working on that flip all season long. He's earned his top line position at this point and if DD breaks up that line when ROR comes back I'm going to start a "Fire Dan Bylsma" campaign.

I agree completely, at this point it would be ludicrous if Jack didn't get nominated.

So you think the three finalists will be Panarin, Gostisbehere, and McDavid, though?

Ultimately I think McDavid's games played may knock him out, but if he finishes the year with a PPG or better then I think he's in. So it comes down to Gostisbehere vs. Eichel. I'd probably bet Eichel, but with all the exposure Ghost has gotten in Philly with OT winners and scoring from the blue line, wouldn't be surprised at all if he got it.

Motivated by Dudacek's comment about Eichel's scoring rate since Christmas, decided to look up some scoring stuff today during lunch. Eichel is currently 8th in the entire league in scoring since Christmas, and first among rookies. He's ahead of guys like Backstrom, Karlsson, Ovechkin, and Benn. He only trails Crosby, Thornton, Kane, Kuznetsov, Kopitar, Letang, and Getzlaf. Given his weak supporting cast, particularly in light of the O'Reilly injury, that's crazy impressive. 

I've talked myself into it: Eichel is a shoe-in for a Calder finalist.

Given the back half of his season and plays like yesterday's I would be surprised if he's not a finalist.

Panarin will get some pushback but McDavid and Ghost make it intersting and Larkin is still there.

Really, Parnarin has to be the favourite, but it's still up for grabs for someone to take it away down the stretch.

Given the back half of his season and plays like yesterday's I would be surprised if he's not a finalist.

Panarin will get some pushback but McDavid and Ghost make it intersting and Larkin is still there.

Really, Parnarin has to be the favourite, but it's still up for grabs for someone to take it away down the stretch.

I think if McDavid averages a point per game for the rest of the season, he might get it.

The push from Canadian TV/Journalists/Media will be pretty hard.  

The Kane-Jack-Samson line is the line Kane was looking forward to when he came here. It's the lineup I think many fans envisioned over the summer before the season began.

It's clear Kane puts in the work, and his type of hockey IQ may be confusing us all since he clearly was out-thinking us by working on that flip all season long. He's earned his top line position at this point and if DD breaks up that line when ROR comes back I'm going to start a "Fire Dan Bylsma" campaign.

I could see where he keeps that line together but it becomes the second line (depending on whom GMTM snags as linemates for ROR).  I mean, if you have Stamkos and Snook on a line, they're gonna be the #1 line.  I kind of like the thought of having two top lines that make it virtually impossible to shut them both down all game long.

Bylsma seems to enjoy tinkering with the lines - but I hope he leaves Eichel/Reinhart/Kane on the same line for the foreseeable future.    This is the best Sabres combo I've seen in years, and appears to be getting even better.  

What makes it so effective is that it's really the only line we can cobble together that is a consistent offensive threat and they've been seeing the opponent's best checking lines as a result more often than not. Losing O'Reilly has put all the emphasis on that line to match up. 

As a result, I fully expect DD to break them up as soon as ROR returns. 

GO SABRES!!!

I could see where he keeps that line together but it becomes the second line (depending on whom GMTM snags as linemates for ROR).  I mean, if you have Stamkos and Snook on a line, they're gonna be the #1 line.  I kind of like the thought of having two top lines that make it virtually impossible to shut them both down all game long.

Absolutely. That makes so much sense it has to be the plan.

To the learned who have memories and are of a certain vintage - does Reinhart remind you of Howerchuck? I think Kruppstahl said it first ... I dig it. Style, physicality, sense, results ...

Hmmm..... I hadn't thought of that comparison.  I still think first of Adam Oates, but Hawerchuck and Oates had some similarities in their effectiveness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.