GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

I guess Marcus is tougher than I will ever be. If I were to have several teeth removed in a similarly violent fashion I promise you I'd wouldn't move from my bed for several days.

LOL Me either. I'd be on IR

LOL Me either. I'd be on IR

When that happens, those players are usually given some form of pain meds, right? I just can't imagine wearing a mouthguard and then skating in an NHL environment, especially the way Marcus plays (or we want him to play) giving and taking hits.

I guess I was just hoping Bailey would get a call halfway through his drive to Rochester saying "turn around!"

listening to hockey hotline...they just said Foligno took a stick to the face at practice just now and headed to the locker room. Reports are saying they were picking teeth up off the ice afterwards.

That sounds so, incredibly painful.

Wonder if he'll play tonight. I can't imagine getting drilled into the boards after getting my face bashed in.

He's a hockey player. They lose teeth and don't miss a shift. I am convinced hockey players, especially muckers like Foligno, are worried schitleess that they will lose their jobs to newbies trying to impress.

GO SABRES!!!

Had 2 front teeth knocked out by a high stick during a Friday night beer league game.  Missed the rest of the period while I used a sweat and mildew soaked bag towel to stop the bleeding.  Played the rest of the game.  Got my smile checked out at ECMC at 1am afterwards.

*does not recommend this course of action*

Had 2 front teeth knocked out by a high stick during a Friday night beer league game.  Missed the rest of the period while I used a sweat and mildew soaked bag towel to stop the bleeding.  Played the rest of the game.  Got my smile checked out at ECMC at 1am afterwards.

*does not recommend this course of action*

Seen this happen so many times in beer league, will never take the cage off again.    Had a good friend I played college with lose an eye in beer league... nasty nasty injury, permanently blind in one eye now, can't drive at night, has a family and whatnot.... not worth the risk, beer league just doesn't pay enough and the trainers are usually the zamboni drivers.

Cocaine

Seriously tho,  cocaine will numb any part of your mouth it comes in contact with.    Great for broken noses, or unbroken noses, just ask Evander "Co" Kane  :)    

Edited by pi2000

I'm a fan of the Crystal City Sports Pub on 23rd St. in Arlington, very close to Reagan Natl Airport. They'll put thr game on for you and they have pretty good food. It's about 5 blocks from the Crystal City Metro station.

Thanks. I may check it out.

I'm a fan of the Crystal City Sports Pub on 23rd St. in Arlington, very close to Reagan Natl Airport. They'll put thr game on for you and they have pretty good food.

It's about 5 blocks from the Crystal City Metro station.

Ha! Used to eat lunch in that place on occasion.

And then the ballet is right across the street as well.

:w00t:

listening to hockey hotline...they just said Foligno took a stick to the face at practice just now and headed to the locker room. Reports are saying they were picking teeth up off the ice afterwards.

That sounds so, incredibly painful.

Wonder if he'll play tonight. I can't imagine getting drilled into the boards after getting my face bashed in.

He lost a pair of chicklets and then split for the dentist.

I bet he plays tonight

Ha! Used to eat lunch in that place on occasion.

And then the ballet is right across the street as well.

:w00t:

He lost a pair of chicklets and then split for the dentist.

I bet he plays tonight

I read that DB expects him to play...so more power to you, Marcus.

Edited by mustacheofgod

Anyone recommend a place to watch the game in DC?

Two recommendations have come through to me from those who should know of such things: (1) Irish Times (Capitol Hill). (2) Laughing Man Tavern (near Metro Center (it's a reliable Bills game bar, so they should turn on the Sabres game too)).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.