GDT: Buffalo @ Ottawa, 7:30 pm est, 2-16-2016

WildCard

I do not think Moulson will score today.

I do think Jack will and I hope he builds a reputation as  Senator killer.

I think Bailey might score.

I do like that we've got an Arms Race of forwards closing in on 20 goals. Who gets there first? Eichel, Reinhardt, O'Reilly, Kane or Other? My guess is Reinhardt and it's a nice thought to have 4 potential 20 goal scorers this year.

I do not think Moulson will score today.

I do think Jack will and I hope he builds a reputation as  Senator killer.

I think Bailey might score.

I do like that we've got an Arms Race of forwards closing in on 20 goals. Who gets there first? Eichel, Reinhardt, O'Reilly, Kane or Other? My guess is Reinhardt and it's a nice thought to have 4 potential 20 goal scorers this year.

We haven't had four 20 goal scorers since 2010-2011.  Stafford scored 31 that year....

We haven't had four 20 goal scorers since 2010-2011.  Stafford scored 31 that year....

Player GP G A Pts +/− PIM Thomas Vanek 80 32 41 73 2 24 Drew Stafford 62 31 21 52 13 34 Jason Pominville 73 22 30 52 1 15 Tyler Ennis 82 20 29 49 0 30

Here's the rest of the list. It seems like many more than 5 years have passed since that team. Nathan Gerbe had 16 goals with us that year as well...

Was that Stafford's contract year and also the last he was relevant (to the Sabres, at least?)

I want someone to put Neil through the glass tonight, and knock him out afterwards for good measure. And I hope Jack dangles Nion Dion right out of his skates.

I've been wanting someone to handle Chris Neil for ten years for us I think.

Drew Stafford's finest hour.

Get outta here with this Drew Stafford mumbo jumbo! 

I'm watching you.

There's no debating that Stafford did a good and brave thing when Drury got decked by Neil.

P.S. Didn't Stafford drop them in defense of another teammate, many years later?

With a victory the Sabres could hit 54 points tonight in game 57 on the  year...the total point output of 82 games last season. 

I'd read that factoid on Twitter today. I immediately thought of those here who've asked that we not use last year as any sort of point of comparison. I can't recall who's in that camp. PA?

I'd read that factoid on Twitter today. I immediately thought of those here who've asked that we not use last year as any sort of point of comparison. I can't recall who's in that camp. PA?

Yes. I think that comparison is the last bastion of scoundrels. I'm comparing where this team should be to where it is.

I, too, twitch a bit whenever anybody says this season is going well because we were so bad last year. This season is *fine* because Sam and Jack are still rookies, Lehner got injured, and we lost ~40 goals that we thought we were going to get from Moulson and Ennis. The defense has been about as good as I thought they'd be (maybe even a little bit better).

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington  7m

#Sabres lines are McGinn-ROR-Reinhart, Girgensons-Eichel-Moulson, Foligno-Larsson-Gionta, Deslauriers-Legwand-Bailey.

I'm positive Bailey takes Moulson's place by the start of the 2nd, and then I love these lines, given what we have without Kane. That's the third line that allowed Dan to ease up on ROR.

He can sing fine but I'll take Doug Allan any day

I'm positive Bailey takes Moulson's place by the start of the 2nd, and then I love these lines, given what we have without Kane. That's the third line that allowed Dan to ease up on ROR.

Right on. Moulson has not done anything to be there. But ii hope he scores but not holding my breath

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.