Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The Bears' playoff drought will (almost certainly) reach six seasons this year. The Bears did win 10 games in 2012, but still missed the playoffs.

This stretch of futility has prompted Bears ownership to bring in an outside consultant to analyze the team's football operations from top to bottom.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-losing-leads-to-questions-spt-1031-20161030-story.html

I wonder if/when the Pegulas would consider doing something similar.

The Bears' playoff drought will (almost certainly) reach six seasons this year. The Bears did win 10 games in 2012, but still missed the playoffs.

This stretch of futility has prompted Bears ownership to bring in an outside consultant to analyze the team's football operations from top to bottom.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-losing-leads-to-questions-spt-1031-20161030-story.html

I wonder if/when the Pegulas would consider doing something similar.

Probably once our drought is old enough to drink. Lucky for us, that's coming up in just a few short years. And people wonder why the fans drink like a sailor on shore leave and bring dildos to the game. Gotta get your kicks somewhere.

6 seasons, wow, how will they ever survive.... I watched that game last night and you can sign me up for some Jay cutler along with some Romo.... I need a guy with some damn arm strength and accuracy (both pass the seeing eye test) and both will* probably be available to us come seasons end..... And I think our drought continues this season as well.

The Pegulas can hire me as a consultant to end the drought.

1.)  Find a Tom Brady clone to play QB for the Bills.

2.)  Wait for Brady to hit the wall/retire.

3.)  Convince the NFL to realign so the Bills are no longer in the Pats* division

Accomplish any one of those things and the Bills path to the playoffs goes from near impossible to a semi-reasonable expectation.

Percy Harvin has come out of retirement and signed with the Bills per his agent

Sweet! I thought he did well at the beginning of last season until he got hurt. Taylor needs some deep threats with Watkins and Goodwin being made of glass and Woods being more of a possession receiver.

Probably once our drought is old enough to drink. Lucky for us, that's coming up in just a few short years. And people wonder why the fans drink like a sailor on shore leave and bring dildos to the game. Gotta get your kicks somewhere.

6 seasons, wow, how will they ever survive.... I watched that game last night and you can sign me up for some Jay cutler along with some Romo.... I need a guy with some damn arm strength and accuracy (both pass the seeing eye test) and both will* probably be available to us come seasons end..... And I think our drought continues this season as well.

Six seasons? Must be nice............

Marcell Dareus hasn't practice all week because a groin injury, Monday night status TBD.  :thumbdown:

I am not generally one to point to a big contract as a basis to resent a guy, but ... he is making it damn difficult not to do so. Sign a huge ass contract, break (stupid) rules regarding recreational drug use, and then apparently allow yourself to get out of shape. Not a good look, big man.

Probably not in that order, but it does look like those are 2 huge needs heading into next season.

Free agency will be a viable option since the annual salaries of both Gilmore ($10+ million) and Aaron Williams (~$6 million) will be off the books. We'll also need a starting-caliber WR and RT in addition to re-signing Zach Brown. A competent GM should be able to do all of this in one off-season.

Free agency will be a viable option since the annual salaries of both Gilmore ($10+ million) and Aaron Williams (~$6 million) will be off the books. We'll also need a starting-caliber WR and RT in addition to re-signing Zach Brown. A competent GM should be able to do all of this in one off-season.

DON'T forget QB

Free agency will be a viable option since the annual salaries of both Gilmore ($10+ million) and Aaron Williams (~$6 million) will be off the books. We'll also need a starting-caliber WR and RT in addition to re-signing Zach Brown. A competent GM should be able to do all of this in one off-season.

Add a QB & PK & that covers their immediate needs. I'd almost rather see them draft a C (Wood is getting long in the tooth & not sure they have a reasonable plan B currently in place) than an RT.

I kind of expect them to suck it up & keep TT at the big cap hit next year because there doesn't really look like there's anything better out there that'll actually be available. If they do, not sure what hole they can't fill this off-season.

GR brought up the possibility of bringing Romo in next year. Thoughts?

Romo from what I understand is a pretty good to great QB (better than anyone the Bills have had in years), but it does seem like he's choke-prone. I'm not sure what I'd prefer; hopes dashed or no hope at all.

Romo from what I understand is a pretty good to great QB (better than anyone the Bills have had in years), but it does seem like he's choke-prone. I'm not sure what I'd prefer; hopes dashed or no hope at all.

Also the notion that Romo is "choke prone" is completely mis-guided. He has one of the highest passer ratings in the fourth quarter of all active QB's. This talking point is based entirely (IMO) from the time he fumbled a snap close to the goal line in the playoffs. One time. 

If we think we have a playoff team outside of QB next year (a big if) then I have no problem with a veteran short term answer at QB

Also the notion that Romo is "choke prone" is completely mis-guided. He has one of the highest passer ratings in the fourth quarter of all active QB's. This talking point is based entirely (IMO) from the time he fumbled a snap close to the goal line in the playoffs. One time. 

If we think we have a playoff team outside of QB next year (a big if) then I have no problem with a veteran short term answer at QB

Yes, yes, yes. The Romo is a choker trope is purely media/social media driven -- something fun to clown on. (Similarly over blown, IMO, is talk of whether he might actually be a HOF'er.)

His numbers speak for themselves. Dude can frickin' ball. If he could somehow be healthy again? ZOMG - I'd want him in a heart beat.

I just think he's done.

Edited by That Aud Smell

But when will the choke come? Will it be a regular season choke job or a postseason choke job? That is a very important distinction to bills fans, I would think.

For the record, I'll say regular season choke job, if this hypothetical situation were to occur.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.