Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Nice that Sherman committed two penalties that were not called at the end of each half.

###### the NFL

Apparently the illegal contact at the end wasn't a penalty because Tyrod was out of the pocket at the time of the hit. I'm still going to be mad about it though.

This game never really mattered, did it? Just for tiebreaking purposes, the Bills were going to almost run the table with the remaining AFC teams. 3-1 against the NFC. they need 6 of the last 7, and would have needed that with a win here.

Maybe. I'm not convinced we'd need the tiebreaks at 10-6. The West is the only real threat to have two 10-6 teams below the division winner IMO.

This one's not on Taylor.  Not at all.  He was almost brilliant; he certainly was very, very good.

Shame they weren't kicking for the tie at the end.  I'll look for the league's apology.  I'm sure I'll get it about as soon as I get the one about the 1999 Finals.

an apology. The NFL can shove an apology up their .

The Bills just still aren't good enough to overcome bad (atrocious) officiating.

Apparently the illegal contact at the end wasn't a penalty because Tyrod was out of the pocket at the time of the hit. I'm still going to be mad about it though.

Maybe. I'm not convinced we'd need the tiebreaks at 10-6. The West is the only real threat to have two 10-6 teams below the division winner IMO.

That's a rule?

Losing wood to a broken leg is just awful. Tank.

Well if you were awake before halftime you witnessed the most embarrassing sequence of officiating from the NFL in quite some time.

I don't recall that sequence, so I must have zonked out just before then, I woke up to watch Tyrod get sacked on what looked offside though.

Did wood have that terrible break a couple years ago? Same leg?

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

I thought it was only if the ball was to tipped. Then again I'm still trying to figure out what a catch is per NFL Rules

Boy, I just saw that hit by Sherman on the last play. W.T.F. How is that not a penalty? Tyrod was not considered a runner yet, no way.

From Sherman himself

@Deadspin that's what happens when the Qb scrambles..... check the rule book ......

I stand corrected

Riiiiiiiiight. What if our guy hit him and then we completed a touchdown. Does anyone really think it's not getting called back. No effin way.

For all these guys that defended Sherman after acting like a grade A thug on TV, he is certainly looking more and more like what he portrays himself as, a loud mouth POS who has a degree

If only the officials knew the rules as well as he does.

Boy, I just saw that hit by Sherman on the last play. W.T.F. How is that not a penalty? Tyrod was not considered a runner yet, no way.

Riiiiiiiiight. What if our guy hit him and then we completed a touchdown. Does anyone really think it's not getting called back. No effin way.

There is no alternate reality that my feeble mind can conceive where what happened to the Bills tonight with the officiating can happen to a non-irrelevant NFL franchise.

I stand by my assertion that if the Bills are ever to make the playoffs again then they must assemble an early 90s Bills roster. Dominant. Elite.

I don't think being outside the pocket should necessarily make the QB a runner (Tyrod was clearly still looking to pass), but from everything I've read tonight, no call was in fact the correct call. Logical speaking, however, it's pretty unfair to be able to knock a QB's targets down just because you're afraid they *might* run.

There is no alternate reality that my feeble mind can conceive where what happened to the Bills tonight with the officiating can happen to a non-irrelevant NFL franchise.

I stand by my assertion that if the Bills are ever to make the playoffs again then they must assemble an early 90s Bills roster. Dominant. Elite.

Don't let nfreeman hear you say this. Don't you know this kind of thing happens to every team?

:devil:

I don't think being outside the pocket should necessarily make the QB a runner (Tyrod was clearly still looking to pass), but from everything I've read tonight, no call was in fact the correct call. Logical speaking, however, it's pretty unfair to be able to knock a QB's targets down just because you're afraid they *might* run.

Earl Thomas bumped Robert Woods as well. That's a secondary that knows the rules and uses them to their advantage.

Earl Thomas bumped Robert Woods as well. That's a secondary that knows the rules and uses them to their advantage.

I recall reading during their Superbowl run that the secondary has an approach that involves intentionally committing illegal contact violations on just about every play -- the idea being that the refs will not call them for every infraction on every play, and thus a certain level of illegal contact becomes permissible and only the most egregious stuff gets called.

I recall reading during their Superbowl run that the secondary has an approach that involves intentionally committing illegal contact violations on just about every play -- the idea being that the refs will not call them for every infraction on every play, and thus a certain level of illegal contact becomes permissible and only the most egregious stuff gets called.

I remember this as well.  oy vey.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.