Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Nah, that's just Buffalo fashion. True Buffalo fashion is Talyor goes to, say, and Bengals and that starts a multi-year playoff run for them while leading the league in combined QB yards (or some other stat I just made up)..

Not trying to antagonize but when else has this happened (something similar).

Every game left on the schedule is "winnable"..

Every game on the schedule is also easily "losable"

Reportedly, the Cowboys are sticking with Dak. Gimme Romo for next season please.

You're kidding, right?  Please say you're kidding.

Romo's in my local TV market.  At this point in his career he's far too frail for anything other than mop-up duty or to finish out a game for an injured starter.  Even at his best he was like Joe Ferguson:  A perfectly serviceable quarterback that will never, ever win the big game.  He's the Anti-Favre.

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

You're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding.

Romo's in my local TV market. At this point in his career he's far too frail for anything other than mop-up duty or to finish out a game for an injured starter. Even at his best he was like Joe Ferguson: A perfectly serviceable quarterback that will never, ever win the big game. He's the Anti-Favre.

Didn't someone disprove the Romo shrivels in big games theory like 150 posts ago?

Not trying to antagonize but when else has this happened (something similar).

Every game on the schedule is also easily "losable"

I remember Flutie (and Christie) going to San Diego and them doing pretty well. Not sure if they made the playoffs for multiple seasons after he got there though.

As for Romo, I'd rather keep Tyrod Taylor. He may not be a great quarterback, but he's definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs with a solid supporting cast. I'd like to stick with him rather than trying to patch together Romo for a season or two and then having to go back to the drawing board and find another quarterback once again.

I remember Flutie (and Christie) going to San Diego and them doing pretty well. Not sure if they made the playoffs for multiple seasons after he got there though.

Flutie seemed to do OK with the Pats too, right? Or am I over-remembering it because of the Buffalo angle? I don't remember: were the Seahawks good before Marshawn?

Edited by MattPie

You're kidding, right?  Please say you're kidding.

Romo's in my local TV market.  At this point in his career he's far too frail for anything other than mop-up duty or to finish out a game for an injured starter.  Even at his best he was like Joe Ferguson:  A perfectly serviceable quarterback that will never, ever win the big game.  He's the Anti-Favre.

I get your point about winning in the big ones; it's a measuring stick, especially for QBs. 

But Romo is a far better QB than Fergy ever was. 

Sorry, eleven. 

Flutie seemed to do OK with the Pats too, right? Or am I over-remembering it because of the Buffalo angle? I don't remember: were the Seahawks good before Marshawn?

I don't remember Flutie playing much for the Patriots after he left the Chargers (just before he came to Buffalo). I remember him doing that stupid drop kick extra point or whatever it was that hadn't been done in 50 years or something. The Seahawks had a good run starting shortly after whenever they got Holmgren and Hasslebeck from Green Bay. I remember they got absolutely hosed by some bad calls from the refs in that Super Bowl against Pittsburgh. They got even better once they got Russell Wilson though and by that point they had already has Carroll as the coach and Holmgren was either gone or moved to GM at that point.

Taylor has denied it.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/16/tyrod-taylor-shoots-report-groin-injury/

I begrudge Rex a lot of things, but not this. Midseason FA personnel moves are going to be based largely on whether a guy can be plug and play. With a system as complicated as Rex's, he needed one of "his guys."

I know, it's not a bad move. I just try and take a shot at Rex at any opportunity. I couldn't stand him when he coached the Jets and I've never able to embrace the idea of him coaching the Bills. It's hard for me to find or at least admit to liking something Rex does, because of the dislike that I've had for him for years.

Sportsclubstats has the Bills with a 20% chance of making the playoffs going a minimum of 6-1 to get to 10-6 and have a decent shot. 

More likely for them to go 8-8, 9-7 as they could easily lose this week on the road, most likely to the Raiders and maybe Pittsburgh. 

Even with all of the injuries, I'd be surprised if the Ryan bros are kept around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.