Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The two wild card teams are already 2 games up on everybody else. So not only do the Bills have to pick up two games on those teams (possibly three if they don't have the tiebreaker) but then they have to hope the five other teams with five wins don't do the same thing. It's probably going to take an 11-5 record to make the playoffs this year. The Bills aren't going 6-0 to end the season. 

The two wild card teams are already 2 games up on everybody else. So not only do the Bills have to pick up two games on those teams (possibly three if they don't have the tiebreaker) but then they have to hope the five other teams with five wins don't do the same thing. It's probably going to take an 11-5 record to make the playoffs this year. The Bills aren't going 6-0 to end the season.

As dilussional as it may be, in my world, until they are out, they are in.

Well, at least this year.

AJ Green torn hammy, done for the year.

OUCH.

As dilussional as it may be, in my world, until they are out, they are in.

Well, at least this year.

That's kind of where I'm at.  I also like going to watch the games at my local Bills Backers bar.  It's like going home, if even for just a few hours.  Oh, and if the Bills win, we all get a free shot of Buffalo Trace at the end of the game.

I tried to sit down and watch the game yesterday.

I didn't last. The quality of what's on the field has become generally unwatchable (to me, anyway) and the amount of commercial breaks has finally broken me.

I was temporarily distracted by the option of flipping to another game (why were the Bills on Fox, btw - two AFC teams?) that was on CBS (the Cowboys, I think?). 

That lasted until about half time.

I put the game on my phone in another room while I did some other house work.

I think this may be the season where I mark my departure from being a fan of the NFL.

I didn't last. The quality of what's on the field has become generally unwatchable (to me, anyway) and the amount of commercial breaks has finally broken me.

I was temporarily distracted by the option of flipping to another game (why were the Bills on Fox, btw - two AFC teams?) that was on CBS (the Cowboys, I think?). 

I think this may be the season where I mark my departure from being a fan of the NFL.

I almost never sit down and just watch NFL football anymore. Every change of possession is a 5-7minute commercial break. Sometimes they even commercial, kickoff, commercial, first play of that drive. It is maddening to try and watch football these days. 

The only thing that keeps me watching is being outside doing other things like grilling and BSing with others while the game is going on.  The NFL has created an unwatchable product for the couch potato.

I almost never sit down and just watch NFL football anymore. Every change of possession is a 5-7minute commercial break. Sometimes they even commercial, kickoff, commercial, first play of that drive. It is maddening to try and watch football these days. 

The only thing that keeps me watching is being outside doing other things like grilling and BSing with others while the game is going on.  The NFL has created an unwatchable product for the couch potato.

Weird as it may sound: These posts make me feel better (or at least more normal). That will be my plan going forward. Do something else useful while the game is on.

Weird as it may sound: These posts make me feel better (or at least more normal). That will be my plan going forward. Do something else useful while the game is on.

Or buy NFL redzone (no commercials) and just split screen the Bills and RedZone so at least there is football on. 

Yeah. Football is not a sport to watch alone, I mean, unless you are assembling a bedroom set from Ikea or some other task that will hold most of your attention.

Yeh i check the score now and then but generally dont watch games till last quarter if at all. Again too many long commercial breaks.

when I was 8 years old, my mom took me and my brother on vacation to florida, well she had some work to do for Holiday inn, and our niece went with us to babysit.

One of few things I vividly remember is how many commercial breaks there were on tv, couldn't even keep watching it.

Great site for all you playoff Pollyannas:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html

A brief summary: if the Bills go 11-5, they're in. If they go 9-7, they're pretty much out. If they go 10-6 with the 1 loss to either Jags or Steelers or Browns or Jets, they still have about a 75% of making it. If they go 10-6 with the loss to either the Raiders or Dolphins, then their playoff chances drop down to essentially a 50% coin flip.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.