Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Tanking isn't quite the same in the NFL.

Also: Please shut down #14.

I'm on board with this. He has no QB and an offensive coordinator that also knows he has no QB and is handcuffed accordingly. Let Sammy get  back to 100% while TT and the rest of the offense craps the bed on a weekly basis. 

Bill Cowher hasn't coached in a decade. Why do we think he could clean this up, even if he was willing to try? If (when?) Rex is fired after this year, I want the next great coach. Though if we're insisting on getting a "proven" guy, I'd much much much rather try to beg Coughlin than Cowher.

This is what fans do. It's not a knock against anyone. It's just what they do. There wasn't a soul in Pittsburgh saying "ya know what we gotta do? We gotta hire that Omar Epps looking dude, he'll be great!" They always want the name brand. So what if he hasn't coached in a decade. He keeps his tin of skoal on the news desk right next to his coffee cup during a live broadcast. That's good enough for me. Lol

I'll watch the Buffalo Bills anytime. NFL Football sucks. Fantasy Football saved the NFL's ass.

And back in the day Vegas betting put the NFL on the map. Positive you're old enough to remember Jimmy the Greek on the CBS broadcasts.

Sooooooo glad the Bills aren't playing (& losing) this Sunday. :beer:

So, Carrion Football League anyone? The Rams and Browns will play the part of the Oilers and Coyotes.

:w00t:

Sorry, that was more of a pain keeping it up to date than it appeared. Good thing Hoss was a trooper or it'd been done by the December "swoon." If you're up for it - awesome.

It seems like it's a characteristic of every Bills coach since Marv that they are all terrible at making in-game adjustments.  If the other team finds something that works.... game over.

Since Marv? It goes back even before that. To at least Chuck & probably Lou.

Going to the base defense for the 2nd 1/2 of the Greatest Game EVER Played TM was the Swizzle Stick's decision. Not Marv's.

:w00t:

Sorry, that was more of a pain keeping it up to date than it appeared. Good thing Hoss was a trooper or it'd been done by the December "swoon." If you're up for it - awesome.

Doing the Jersey Countdown Thread has made me appreciate your work in that one. Thanks to Pi for chipping in today, it helped. I'm SwampD with work.

This is what fans do. It's not a knock against anyone. It's just what they do. There wasn't a soul in Pittsburgh saying "ya know what we gotta do? We gotta hire that Omar Epps looking dude, he'll be great!" They always want the name brand. So what if he hasn't coached in a decade. He keeps his tin of skoal on the news desk right next to his coffee cup during a live broadcast. That's good enough for me. Lol

Honestly it just seems as if we never find a good coach, they all either are terrible HCs while good coordinators, and/or egotistical ######## who accomplish little yet demand the moon. 

How do we honestly find a new HC who is innovative, or at least one open to it who's willing to let his coordinators be cutting edge or try stuff. Who isn't like Chip Kelly and just blows up a team entirely and gets nothing from it because he pisses off the entire team.

The Pegulas were bamboozled by Rex. His being here is on them, and on the wunder brand manager.

Brandon knows business, but he doesn't know shinola about football.

As long as Brandon is in the Pegulas' ear about GMs and coaches, the Bills will be a blind squirrel looking for a nut.

They can and should get rid of Rex, but that won't solve the root of their problem.

They need a football czar. I hope they haven't given up on that.

The Pegulas were bamboozled by Rex. His being here is on them, and on the wunder brand manager.

Brandon knows business, but he doesn't know shinola about football.

As long as Brandon is in the Pegulas' ear about GMs and coaches, the Bills will be a blind squirrel looking for a nut.

They can and should get rid of Rex, but that won't solve the root of their problem.

They need a football czar. I hope they haven't given up on that.

:angel:

Serious question: if the Bills are 0-4 in 2 weeks, does TP fire Brandon, Whaley and Rex a la firing Darcy and Rolston -- and bring in Jimbo as president to find the next GM and coach a la PLF?

I vote yes.

I know Jim Kelly is the patron saint of Buffalo but I don't want him anywhere near the Bills.

Serious question: if the Bills are 0-4 in 2 weeks, does TP fire Brandon, Whaley and Rex a la firing Darcy and Rolston -- and bring in Jimbo as president to find the next GM and coach a la PLF?

I vote yes.

Cripes.

Just when I thought I couldn't be more discouraged by the Bills' prospects.

Well -- at least if they went that route, they'd have just about exhausted all the fool's gold laying around.

Or maybe they'd give Thurm his chance as well.

Avatar bet? Over/under 8 wins, I get the over, you get the lower.

I'll start working on the Avatar. 

0-2 with Arizona and New England coming up. 

Realistically, we are looking at 0-4 including 0-3 in Conference and 0-2 in the Division. I just don't see the Bills wining 8 out of 12. Not with this coaching staff. 

Is the blown time out on that ridiculous cadence play Rex Ryan's "4th and stupid."  I can't imagine there is a coaching staff out there that is worse at time management than the Bills coaching staff. Simms and Nance hit it right on the head. 4 minutes and down by two scores and this offence has no urgency, taking 20-25 seconds to line up and run a play. Don't they practice 2 minute drills? 

Edited by deluca67

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.