Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Well, I'm fine with taking a late-round flyer on a guy with character issues. But that was several years ago. The issue now is that the team is constructed to rely on him as a starting tackle.

:huh:

Wasn't he filling in for Cordy Glenn @ LT while Cordy recovered? I'd expect to see Glenn on Sunday w/ Mills @ RT. Henderson was the swing tackle, right?

Roger Goodell has said in the past he wants to raise the threshold for a positive test and lessen the suspensions. The players obviously want that.

What exactly is stopping them from hitting the negotiating table now and adjusting the rules? Both sides have publicly said they want it so it'd be hard to play hardball on this one.

Roger Goodell has said in the past he wants to raise the threshold for a positive test and lessen the suspensions. The players obviously want that.

What exactly is stopping them from hitting the negotiating table now and adjusting the rules? Both sides have publicly said they want it so it'd be hard to play hardball on this one.

They are suspending major stars in the league. What more motivation does either side need?

Again, follow the money. They don't make any money from marijuana growers, but they sure make tons from the makers of Percocet, Oxycontin, and the like.

Interesting.

New guy on channel 4 (diligent, good), reported just now that (1) a 4 game suspension indicates several (four?) prior violations for Henderson; (2) the league has a protocol for advance approval of medically necessary banned substances.

Neither reportage reflects particularly well on Seantrel.

I still reject the notion that he's a bad guy or presents character issues because he's a toker, a smoker.

Does anyone really think Seantrel didn't know he wasn't supposed to smoke pot?

Does anyone really think Seantrel needed to smoke pot for his medical condition?

Give me an effing break.

Whether or not pot should be permitted is beside the point.  The point is that everyone knows what the rules are and most players abide by them, but some players can't be bothered to do so.

This is yet another example of an undisciplined, low-character loser brought in by DW and RR acting in a me-first manner to the detriment of the team.

What's this? More low class posting by nfreeman regarding marijuana?  Color me surprised.

Interesting.

New guy on channel 4 (diligent, good), reported just now that (1) a 4 game suspension indicates several (four?) prior violations for Henderson; (2) the league has a protocol for advance approval of medically necessary banned substances.

I still reject the notion that he's a bad guy or presents character issues because he's a toker, a smoker.

He was on the watch list  because of a failed test just prior to the Combine IIRC.  That meant any positive test subsequent to that one would result in 4 games from my understanding. 

Interesting.

A four-game suspension is indicative of one prior positive and nothing more.

A four-game suspension is indicative of one prior positive and nothing more.

Thanks, fellas.

Maybe I misheard the report. Or maybe the reporter had it wrong.

Even so: Advance approval?

Edit: I read Carucci on the matter. This is the 4th violation for Seantrel. I'm not sure whether the program counts pre-draft incidents, but, in any case, this is apparently positive test #4.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/07/reports-henderson-facing-four-game-suspension/

Well, I'm fine with taking a late-round flyer on a guy with character issues. But that was several years ago. The issue now is that the team is constructed to rely on him as a starting tackle.

Actually not. You continue to act like the bills operate in a vacuum. Look around the league. Look at the standard bearer of a model franchise. the Pattiots apparently are presently constructed to rely on undrafted free agents and former first round bust to play offensive line.

What's this? More low class posting by nfreeman regarding marijuana? Color me surprised.

What?

Actually not. You continue to act like the bills operate in a vacuum. Look around the league. Look at the standard bearer of a model franchise. the Pattiots apparently are presently constructed to rely on undrafted free agents and former first round bust to play offensive line.

The point is not that he was a seventh round pick. The point is that his character is such that you can't rely on him,l, but the Bills do rely on him.

The point is not that he was a seventh round pick. The point is that his character is such that you can't rely on him,l, but the Bills do rely on him.

I think the Bills are satisfied with Mills starting at RT.  Adding Seantrel back in the mix is (or was (the past two weeks) and will be (in Week 5)) an added bonus.  Kouandjio's flashes of improvement during training camp help solidify some depth even without Seantrel.

My perception was that the Bills knew going into training camp that Seantrel was a complete wildcard, were satisfied with slotting Mills in at starting RT at that time.

Seantrel needs to gain weight and add strength before he's ready to play full time anyways. He'll return after suspension and be the starter by week 6.

What?

7 th round flyer on a guy with potential but comes with baggage. The Bills had no expectation of him when he came in having drafted their right tackle in the second round (Kujo, hasn't worked out yet) and he went out and won the starting job. This year he was and is a medical question mark, they aren't relying on him for anything but getting healthy but I believe he will come back and win the starting job again.

Seantrel needs to gain weight and add strength before he's ready to play full time anyways. He'll return after suspension and be the starter by week 6.

7 th round flyer on a guy with potential but comes with baggage. The Bills had no expectation of him when he came in having drafted their right tackle in the second round (Kujo, hasn't worked out yet) and he went out and won the starting job. This year he was and is a medical question mark, they aren't relying on him for anything but getting healthy but I believe he will come back and win the starting job again.

Good stuff here. I had failed to consider the fact that a 4-game suspension is sorta academic for a guy who needs to get back into football shape.

Even so: F*%# the NFL.

1.  Yes it is.

2.  I need your stream source!

This was streamed directly on NBC's website.

What?

You've made it abundantly clear that you're extremely biased against marijuana.  You attacked Henderson's character not because he got suspended for substance abuse, but for marijuana specifically.  You criminally underrate Dareus, who is perhaps the best player on the team, because he's a pothead.  Personally, I'd say this says more about your character than the other way around.

And before you go making any assumptions, I've never consumed marijuana in any form in my life.

This was streamed directly on NBC's website.

You've made it abundantly clear that you're extremely biased against marijuana. You attacked Henderson's character not because he got suspended for substance abuse, but for marijuana specifically. You criminally underrate Dareus, who is perhaps the best player on the team, because he's a pothead. Personally, I'd say this says more about your character than the other way around.

And before you go making any assumptions, I've never consumed marijuana in any form in my life.

Well, you managed to miss my point by a country mile.

The point is not that I think using pot, by itself, denotes bad character. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone smoking pot as long as it doesn't affect others.

The point is that using pot, when you have agreed not to use it and have taken millions of dollars as part of that agreement AND you know that using it will get you suspended and thus hurt your team (and thus the livelihoods of your teammates, coaches, etc), denotes poor character.

Now, if you disagree with that, fire away.

Good call, because that's exactly what's happening.  He's decided to sit out the four games and drop the appeal because he's not fit enough to play yet anyway.

Well, you managed to miss my point by a country mile.

The point is not that I think using pot, by itself, denotes bad character. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone smoking pot as long as it doesn't affect others.

The point is that using pot, when you have agreed not to use it and have taken millions of dollars as part of that agreement AND you know that using it will hurt your team (and thus the livelihoods of your teammates, coaches, etc), denotes poor character.

Now, if you disagree with that, fire away.

Sorry, but you only made that point because Hoss clarified that he was caught for marijuana.  "Well, I based my post on Hoss' report upthread, which seemed pretty definitive"

In other words, you didn't seem to have a problem with his being caught for substance abuse in general, you flipped out when it was marijuana.  It's quite clear you have an agenda, just like you do with Dareus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.