Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Clay had 3 targets, Sammy had 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if Watkins left as soon as he can.

It is inexplicable that Roman doesn't throw to Watkins 12 times a game.

The matter of Clay is also confounding, but maybe less so just because Watkins is the more elite talent.

The game rapidly became unwatchable. It's liberating, really--to know that this is what the Bills are apt to be this season. I already don't care.

It is inexplicable that Roman doesn't throw to Watkins 12 times a game.

The matter of Clay is also confounding, but maybe less so just because Watkins is the more elite talent.

The game rapidly became unwatchable. It's liberating, really--to know that this is what the Bills are apt to be this season. I already don't care.

yeh not sure Ill watch another game this year... Sigh lets go Sabres--- hockey season starts in less then a month.

That was a very disappointing performance by TT.

At one point in the first half, McCoy had gotten the ball on something like 12 out of 15 plays.

From my vantage point at the stadium, Sammy was in single coverage multiple times and didn't get a look. IMHO he should get the ball every single GD time he's in single coverage.

At least the D looked well improved.

That was a very disappointing performance by TT.

At one point in the first half, McCoy had gotten the ball on something like 12 out of 15 plays.

From my vantage point at the stadium, Sammy was in single coverage multiple times and didn't get a look. IMHO he should get the ball every single GD time he's in single coverage.

At least the D looked well improved.

Hope you had a good time.

Taylor was abysmal.

I saw a couple of writers say that McCoy was the lone bright spot on offense. I think that was mostly just production by volume. He didn't look particularly dangerous to me. He looked ... decent. Props to him for finding the end zone in a do or die scenario - I will grant that.

I hear what you're saying on Sammy. There were several times, though, that the Ravens showed single, and then promptly rolled someone over there pre-snap. Even with that said, there is no reason - NO REASON - for the game plan not to call for Sammy to get anywhere from 10-15 (or more) targets. No reason. I don't care how he's covered. Feed him the damn ball. If he's doubled, he is talented enough to beat the coverage or at least bat down the ball. Goddammit - these coaches spend hours and entire 24-hour days devising schemes and plays, and they can't get that one simple thing right. Forest for the trees, or something. Or hubris. Just feed the guy the ###### ball.

That Bills offense was putrid. Against a D, I'll note, that I think will be average (meaning okay, but not great).

As for the Bills D, I'd like to be encouraged. But here's the thing: That Baltimore offence projects to be pretty terrible. I think that offence may prove to be one of the 5 weakest in the league. So, yeah - kudos to the Bills for dealing with them as they should have.

Looking at that game, I think the Bills may struggle to win 7. I still think they'll win 7 (maybe 8), but that's it. 

And if Roman's O doesn't markedly improve, he'll be a goner in-season.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Hope you had a good time.

Taylor was abysmal.

I saw a couple of writers say that McCoy was the lone bright spot on offense. I think that was mostly just production by volume. He didn't look particularly dangerous to me. He looked ... decent. Props to him for finding the end zone in a do or die scenario - I will grant that.

I hear what you're saying on Sammy. There were several times, though, that the Ravens showed single, and then promptly rolled someone over there pre-snap. Even with that said, there is no reason - NO REASON - for the game plan not to call for Sammy to get anywhere from 10-15 (or more) targets. No reason. I don't care how he's covered. Feed him the damn ball. If he's doubled, he is talented enough to beat the coverage or at least bat down the ball. Goddammit - these coaches spend hours and entire 24-hour days devising schemes and plays, and they can't get that one simple thing right. Forest for the trees, or something. Or hubris. Just feed the guy the ###### ball.

That Bills offense was putrid. Against a D, I'll note, that I think will be average (meaning okay, but not great).

As for the Bills D, I'd like to be encouraged. But here's the thing: That Baltimore offence projects to be pretty terrible. I think that offence may prove to be one of the 5 weakest in the league. So, yeah - kudos to the Bills for dealing with them as they should have.

Looking at that game, I think the Bills may struggle to win 7. I still think they'll win 7 (maybe 8), but that's it. 

And if Roman's O doesn't markedly improve, he'll be a goner in-season.

What's weird about the coverage on Watkins is that the talk all week was about how Taylor and Woods had been working together this summer and that if teams were doubling up Watkins it would really spring Woods. And yet...his stat line was remarkably similar to Sammy's yesterday. So much for that...

What's weird about the coverage on Watkins is that the talk all week was about how Taylor and Woods had been working together this summer and that if teams were doubling up Watkins it would really spring Woods. And yet...his stat line was remarkably similar to Sammy's yesterday. So much for that...

I'm not sure when exactly Taylor and Watkins were able to work together this summer - with Watkins recuperating and all that.

I dunno. Just a really, really discouraging showing by the home team. And I think the person I blame most is Greg Roman. There's talent on the offensive side of the ball - he needs to put those guys in positions where they can showcase that talent. 

Of course, losing Cordy hurts badly. But still.

Anyone else hearing these rumors that Watkins could be out for the rest of the year?

Oh, me sideways with a rusty spoon. Abandon ship!

Edit: if he's out because he re-injured his surgically repaired foot, somebody has to be fired. Everywhere I read said the biggest problem with that injury is potential for re-injury if the player comes back too soon...that the team itself would have to pump the brakes because players always want to come back too soon. And there we were in training camp, Sammy coming back sooner than anyone expected. For sake man :wallbash:

Edit #2: this is in addition to rushing McCoy back last year, when everyone who has ever watched football knew that hamstring injuries linger and re-injure if not fully healed. Lo and behold, he got hurt again and had to miss time.

These are the types of stupid decisions that get made when decision makers are under pressure to break a playoff drought of other people's making. Whenever a change happens, I hope the leadership team has the stones to tell the fans to be patient and deal with another year or two of missing the playoffs if that's what's necessary to build it right. And I hope the fans have the wherewithal to not hold that group accountable for the past 16+ years.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Don't worry we've still got Cordy Glenn in a walking boot to hear about.

Just enough excuses to preserve mediocrity going into next season! (Yes, if Sammy and Cordy are out long term I'm giving up after one week.)

If Watkins and Glenn are out long term, they should tank.

Edited by Eleven

Edit: if he's out because he re-injured his surgically repaired foot, somebody has to be fired. Everywhere I read said the biggest problem with that injury is potential for re-injury if the player comes back too soon...that the team itself would have to pump the brakes because players always want to come back too soon. And there we were in training camp, Sammy coming back sooner than anyone expected. For ###### sake man :wallbash:

Fwiw, the word is that there's no re-injury - that it's a pain management issue. My inference: It's just too soon.

It appears that the top 2 prospects for the 2017 NFL draft are QBs named DeShone and DeShaun.

The Bills should go ahead and plan to take the one who's not coming out of Clemson.

If Watkins and Glenn are out long term, they should tank.

I don't think they'll have to at that point, but it would bring up serious questions going into the offseason.

This makes it next to impossible to evaluate Tyrod when you'd probably want to get out of his contract considering the likely putrid numbers he'll have.

Problem with blowing it up is that there isn't much value in our high-price players. I don't think anybody is giving value for Dareus.

Somebody is going to come in this thread and go all "Buffalo is too negative, it's only been one week." I don't care.

I don't think they'll have to at that point, but it would bring up serious questions going into the offseason.

This makes it next to impossible to evaluate Tyrod when you'd probably want to get out of his contract considering the likely putrid numbers he'll have.

Problem with blowing it up is that there isn't much value in our high-price players. I don't think anybody is giving value for Dareus.

Somebody is going to come in this thread and go all "Buffalo is too negative, it's only been one week." I don't care.

No joke: I was literally in the middle of doing this. Then the Watkins news broke, and I deleted it all and ranted :lol:

Shady looked a bit less explosive than last year, and he was injured last year, and is healthy this year.

He looked to me like he is precisely what he is: An older RB with a *lot* of wear on the tread who is seasoned enough to get what's blocked, but generally not explosive enough to get chunks of yards.

Fwiw, the word is that there's no re-injury - that it's a pain management issue. My inference: It's just too soon.

It appears that the top 2 prospects for the 2017 NFL draft are QBs named DeShone and DeShaun.

The Bills should go ahead and plan to take the one who's not coming out of Clemson.

There shouldn't be any pain! Didn't people learn anything from Foppa's Feet?  :wallbash:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.