Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Sorry, but you only made that point because Hoss clarified that he was caught for marijuana.  "Well, I based my post on Hoss' report upthread, which seemed pretty definitive"

In other words, you didn't seem to have a problem with his being caught for substance abuse in general, you flipped out when it was marijuana.  It's quite clear you have an agenda, just like you do with Dareus.

Well, I must admit to being a bit mystified here -- both at the strange point you seem determined to double down on (i.e. that I have some kind of irrational animus towards those who smoke pot), and at the fact that you seem to not believe me as to what my opinion actually is -- despite the words in my posts.

Let's review the timeline of posts here.

First, Hoss said this:

The drug Henderson tested positive for was marijuana which is used to relieve the pain of the disease.

My first post on this topic was 26 minutes after Hoss' post, in which I said this:

Does anyone really think Seantrel didn't know he wasn't supposed to smoke pot?

Does anyone really think Seantrel needed to smoke pot for his medical condition?

Give me an effing break.

Whether or not pot should be permitted is beside the point.  The point is that everyone knows what the rules are and most players abide by them, but some players can't be bothered to do so.

This is yet another example of an undisciplined, low-character loser brought in by DW and RR acting in a me-first manner to the detriment of the team.

I frankly don't see how you could read those posts and come to the conclusions you apparently have come to.

Even if those posts didn't exist, it's not clear to me why you would disbelieve my subsequent posts as to what my opinion is on this, or why you would post your statement of disbelief -- i.e. "I know you said X, but I think you really don't think X and that you really think Y." 

But here we are.

Well, I must admit to being a bit mystified here -- both at the strange point you seem determined to double down on (i.e. that I have some kind of irrational animus towards those who smoke pot), and at the fact that you seem to not believe me as to what my opinion actually is -- despite the words in my posts.

Let's review the timeline of posts here.

First, Hoss said this:

My first post on this topic was 26 minutes after Hoss' post, in which I said this:

I frankly don't see how you could read those posts and come to the conclusions you apparently have come to.

Even if those posts didn't exist, it's not clear to me why you would disbelieve my subsequent posts as to what my opinion is on this, or why you would post your statement of disbelief -- i.e. "I know you said X, but I think you really don't think X and that you really think Y."

But here we are.

Your point is and was pretty clear.

I'm as pro marijuana as one could be. I give it to my daughter medicinally for her autism and seizure disorder. I have smoked it on and of for 37 of my 47 years (yes, that math is correct). In my opinion it is almost completely harmless and should be 100% legal for any use.

With that said, right now, it is not legal, and if an employer says you can't do it, you can't do it. Nfreeman is right. He should have either cleared his use of it before or sought other treatment options. Seantrel is an idiot for thinking he could use it and not have any repercussions from his employer.

Quitting pot for employment reasons is a really, really easy thing to do,... um, I'm guessing.

Your point is and was pretty clear.

I'm as pro marijuana as one could be. I give it to my daughter medicinally for her autism and seizure disorder. I have smoked it on and of for 37 of my 47 years (yes, that math is correct). In my opinion it is almost completely harmless and should be 100% legal for any use.

With that said, right now, it is not legal, and if an employer says you can't do it, you can't do it. Nfreeman is right. He should have either cleared his use of it before or sought other treatment options. Seantrel is an idiot for thinking he could use it and not have any repercussions from his employer.

Quitting pot for employment reasons is a really, really easy thing to do,... um, I'm guessing.

What if he knows that he'll face repercussions, but is battling a miserable chronic illness and decides that they are worth it for feeling a lot better? I can't know what he's thinking either way, but that disease is so that it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, and if it is, I can't be angry with him or think he's an idiot.

What if he knows that he'll face repercussions, but is battling a miserable chronic illness and decides that they are worth it for feeling a lot better? I can't know what he's thinking either way, but that disease is so ###### that it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, and if it is, I can't be angry with him or think he's an idiot.

If that had happened, wouldn't he or his agent have said so by now?

If that had happened, wouldn't he or his agent have said so by now?

I have no idea what is typical in a situation like this, or what has been officially reported, though I have seen tweets that seem to imply knowledge that it was part of his "treatment", self-prescribed or otherwise. Though I'm also aware that, shockingly, the internet might not always tell me the truth.

What if he knows that he'll face repercussions, but is battling a miserable chronic illness and decides that they are worth it for feeling a lot better? I can't know what he's thinking either way, but that disease is so ###### that it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, and if it is, I can't be angry with him or think he's an idiot.

If that is the case, then (and not to get into something that I don't really care about) logically, we shouldn't be upset with Henderson because it then falls on Whaley.

If that is the case, then (and not to get into something that I don't really care about) logically, we shouldn't be upset with Henderson because it then falls on Whaley.

But then "blaming" Whaley for a backup tackle taken in the seventh round seems to be picking at nits, doesn't it? I've got 50 things on my Whaley-complaint list ahead of Seantrel Henderson, and I kinda like Whaley.

But then "blaming" Whaley for a backup tackle taken in the seventh round seems to be picking at nits, doesn't it? I've got 50 things on my Whaley-complaint list ahead of Seantrel Henderson, and I kinda like Whaley.

It definitely pickin nits.

And I like him, too.

If this was directed at me, I will note that I have said several times that the mistake was not taking a flyer on Seantrel in the 7th round -- it was constructing the team to rely on someone who shouldn't be relied on.

Separately:  in a fairly shocking turn of events, my wife has agreed to get up at 6:00 AM tomorrow and road trip with me to Baltimore, where we'll be tailgating and attending the game with 3 of my closest friends and their wives.  It's going to be a long day, especially the drive back afterwards, but I'm pretty psyched.

Also, the long TBN article on Sammy Watkins this past week was excellent.  He really comes from a terrible place.  Good for him for getting to where he is.

I have no idea what is typical in a situation like this, or what has been officially reported, though I have seen tweets that seem to imply knowledge that it was part of his "treatment", self-prescribed or otherwise. Though I'm also aware that, shockingly, the internet might not always tell me the truth.

Knowledge on the part of the Bills, the NFL, or merely Henderson's camp? It APPEARS the treatment was self prescribed, which would put the onus on him to at least tell the team that was his preferred method of treatment?

If this was directed at me, I will note that I have said several times that the mistake was not taking a flyer on Seantrel in the 7th round -- it was constructing the team to rely on someone who shouldn't be relied on.

Separately: in a fairly shocking turn of events, my wife has agreed to get up at 6:00 AM tomorrow and road trip with me to Baltimore, where we'll be tailgating and attending the game with 3 of my closest friends and their wives. It's going to be a long day, especially the drive back afterwards, but I'm pretty psyched.

Also, the long TBN article on Sammy Watkins this past week was excellent. He really comes from a terrible place. Good for him for getting to where he is.

Was he supposed to be the starter? If so, I agree. I thought, maybe incorrectly, that he was always a depth player.

And that's fantastic, have lots of fun!

As the season gets closer my expectations for the team lower, and I don't think it's the typical "because Buffalo" stance. It's because marked improvement by Tyrod might not actually matter. I, and others, have gotten so hung up on thinking that you NEED a QB to be relevant (probably still true) that it kind of creeped into "QB is the only thing that matters" territory.

You realize that's not true when Andrew Luck (2-5), Philip Rivers (4-12), Eli Manning (6-10), Drew Brees (7-8), Matthew Stafford (7-9) and Joe Flacco (3-7) all had losing records last season. That's a combined 29-51 for six QBs in the top half of the league.

I'm not sure there's enough talent overall on defense and the depth is bad across the board. It'll take some real surprise and consistent performances from unlikely places to break the streak this year.

Separately: in a fairly shocking turn of events, my wife has agreed to get up at 6:00 AM tomorrow and road trip with me to Baltimore, where we'll be tailgating and attending the game with 3 of my closest friends and their wives. It's going to be a long day, especially the drive back afterwards, but I'm pretty psyched.

Also, the long TBN article on Sammy Watkins this past week was excellent. He really comes from a terrible place. Good for him for getting to where he is.

There isn't a team in the history of football that relies on who plays right tackle.

On the other hand, you are a lucky man. Have a great time.

Wild would you like to do the honors?

I'll stick with the Sabres ones, thanks though :beer:

It would be pretty sweet if we got a regular to do a full Bills one every week. Qwk's opening had me laughing though

My view for the game

My view try 2

Are you meeting up with nfreeman?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.