Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Karlos Williams posted an emotional message as he moves away from Buffalo. So much respect for him. He could do what many players do and hold a grudge against the team for giving up on him so easily but he's taking responsibility for his part in the whole thing and moving on with fond memories, it seems.

https://instagram.com/p/BJxsQ4DBoW2/

That is an unusual move on the player's part. I hope he gets things sorted out.

That is an unusual move on the player's part. I hope he gets things sorted out.

No doubt. A new father and mother hoping to find a new home. The human side.

He has visited Pittsburgh and the Jets so far. I think his best chance may be post-week one. It'll make it so his contract isn't guaranteed and gives teams time to figure out if their offense needs him. I do hope he gets it earlier.

Donald Jones is on SHH right now talking about the experience of being an NFL player, and Peters and Rivet are comparing their experiences.  It has been very interesting--especially the part about how most football coaches were not players, while the converse is true in hockey.  I hope it makes the vault.

Donald Jones is on SHH right now talking about the experience of being an NFL player, and Peters and Rivet are comparing their experiences.  It has been very interesting--especially the part about how most football coaches were not players, while the converse is true in hockey.  I hope it makes the vault.

Sounds like good stuff.

Donald is still learning the ropes, but I am very pleased to hear him on the radio. His is the sort of voice and perspective that WGR needs.

Sounds like good stuff.

Donald is still learning the ropes, but I am very pleased to hear him on the radio. His is the sort of voice and perspective that WGR needs.

Yes I hear all sorts of criticism on TBD about him. I don't get it.

The Bridgewater injury reporting was absurd. Everyone was borderline whispering as if he died. It really encapsulated today's media coverage of all things sports. I had to turn my radio off it was so obnoxious.

Edited by inkman

I haven't read a lick of it, but if the vasculature and nerves were intact then the chance of above/below knee amputation is very very minor. Dislocation and ligaments go hand in hand, particularly echoing BRAWNDO, With torsion injury or hyperextension. I've seen some pretty wrecked knees in the general population that heal well with proper surgery and time.

I haven't read a lick of it, but if the vasculature and nerves were intact then the chance of above/below knee amputation is very very minor. Dislocation and ligaments go hand in hand, particularly echoing BRAWNDO, With torsion injury or hyperextension. I've seen some pretty wrecked knees in the general population that heal well with proper surgery and time.

from what i saw on twitter, the people who responded to the scene were concerned that may not be the case.

No doubt. A new father and mother hoping to find a new home. The human side.

He has visited Pittsburgh and the Jets so far. I think his best chance may be post-week one. It'll make it so his contract isn't guaranteed and gives teams time to figure out if their offense needs him. I do hope he gets it earlier.

Very nice.

Separately: I'm feeling much sympathy for Vikings fans. I was just pondering how I would feel if this were to happen to TT. The season would be flushed immediately, and there would be plenty of long-term doubts about his viability as an NFL QB -- and thus plenty of long-term doubts about another lost 5 years for the team.

I'm no Romo fan, and I share the view that he too often manages to lose games, rather than win them.

But I was stunned to read that, over the course of his career, he is the leader or among the top in QB rating in the 4th quarter and in the month of December.

Being elite in the 4th and during December are usually pretty good signs.

I wonder if, with Romo, many of us are guilty of buying into media narratives and internet memes.

sorry to be a pain in the butt.....But what does 'being elite' in the 4th quarter even mean?-- That could easily mean prevent defense.Could mean junk time.To be kinder it could mean he brought them back just to choke it away.-And I'm not sure what elite in december means.-

Enough of us have seen Romo play..and the best test is the eye test. The guy is a talented passer who can't keep his focus like a hall of famer would.

I bet some of the greatest hall of famers don't have the worlds best 4th quarter QB rating. Why??? perhaps  because they were milking the clock and protecting leads and avoiding turnovers like the plague when a game was in the bag.same principal for december games.

You're not a pain in the butt -- that is good stuff.

I'm telling you, though: There's a bunch of stats that support those who lerv Romo.

For me? He doesn't pass the eye test.

But I wonder if I have an uninformed bias.

Edited by That Aud Smell

from what i saw on twitter, the people who responded to the scene were concerned that may not be the case.

The Vikings Training Staff did all the right things per reports. They quickly adjusted and immobilized his leg to prevent further damage. The hospital he went to in Minneapolis is a Level One Trauma Center. Everyone was on the ball yesterday, kudos to all involved.

Tony Romo is Jim Kelly, who wants to fight?

As is, you're not wrong. But I'm not sure they'd look so similar if Kelly played today and Romo played in the 80s-90s.

You're not a pain in the butt -- that is good stuff.

I'm telling you, though: There's a bunch of stats that support those who lerv Romo.

For me? He doesn't pass the eye test.

But I wonder if I have an uninformed bias.

I personally think you're letting a couple of big moments overshadow the whole body of work. Romo is really goddamn good.

... I personally think you're letting a couple of big moments overshadow the whole body of work. Romo is really goddamn good.

Romo being damn good is a well established consensus in pro personnel circles. From scouts to

GMs and all the directors in between. He gets his offense in the right plays and out of the wrong plays as well as anybody. It helps to appreciate the difference between a quarterback and a passer though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.