Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

It's fascinating. Cassel. Garappolo (sp). The kid tonight. Their success leads me to believe Tom Brady is less the GOAT, and more of a Matrix level systems qb. Which might be enough to BE the GOAT.

I honestly don't know how anyone can point to Brady as the GOAT (especially if they use rings as part of their criteria) when every other QB who plays also wins a bunch of games. Meanwhile, the Colts go 2-14 the one year Manning missed. It's really not close for me.

The Broncos may have a crappy QB...but they did last year too, and the defense is just as good again. They aren't gonna be an easy out.

Very true. And the Steelers as well. Still, when's the last time the Pats defense looked this good?

Who is their qb?

I just found this game in my hotel room, right after watching us lose to Czech.... Bad night for sports

Trevor Semien. He's looked very good so far, better then Brock or Peyton did back there

It's fascinating. Cassel. Garappolo (sp). The kid tonight. Their success leads me to believe Tom Brady is less the GOAT, and more of a Matrix level systems qb. Which might be enough to BE the GOAT.

So why don't we run that system? Seriously? It's been around for a decade and a half and there is film of every snap they've ever taken. How has some other coaching whiz kid nott been able to break it down and make it work? It seems to me that zero of the coaches that run the system, besides Bill can run it anywhere else besides New England.

I honestly don't know how anyone can point to Brady as the GOAT (especially if they use rings as part of their criteria) when every other QB who plays also wins a bunch of games. Meanwhile, the Colts go 2-14 the one year Manning missed. It's really not close for me.

Matt Cassel took over a team that didn't lose a single game in the regular season, and pretty much nothing had changed. He won 5 less games and our division had the easiest schedule in the world because the conference sucked. And he took a roster that was nearly perfect one season prior, and he managed to win 5 less games.

I'm rambling, it's 1 am and I need to get ready for work.

Edited by ubkev

Cassel is the only quarterback that won a bunch of games.

Why was Schwartz a bad HC? Took a ###### franchise to the playoffs multiple times in a tough division and try haven't been since IIRC

Took them to the playoffs the one and only year he had a winning record.

Why was Schwartz a bad HC? Took a ###### franchise to the playoffs multiple times in a tough division and try haven't been since IIRC

As I said before, he was 29-52 as a HC.

Yes, you can remind me of Bill Belichick's record with the Browns, but I'll just respond by saying that was before he learned to cheat.

So why don't we run that system? Seriously? It's been around for a decade and a half and there is film of every snap they've ever taken. How has some other coaching whiz kid nott been able to break it down and make it work? It seems to me that zero of the coaches that run the system, besides Bill can run it anywhere else besides New England.

Matt Cassel took over a team that didn't lose a single game in the regular season, and pretty much nothing had changed. He won 5 less games and our division had the easiest schedule in the world because the conference sucked. And he took a roster that was nearly perfect one season prior, and he managed to win 5 less games.

Which system though? They've had several over the last 15 years and that's one of the reasons they are so good as they adapt personnel and play a myriad of systems. There are commonalities in that they desire to get rid of the ball quickly, vary the pace, catch you in a poor sub package, and then exploit those mismatches. So hard to pin them down to one thing, but since Gronk, if I could pin them to one system over the other, it would be their use of their two TE system. It's a nightmare. You go light to defend the pass and they line em up tight and run it down your throat. Go heavy to stop that and they split em out and abuse your LBs or smaller DBs in coverage. All the while Edelman is killing you. 

Defensively, they are the same. With the most important commonality being that Belichick is gonna make it a point to take away the one or two things you can do well and make you beat him with something else. 

I am now sick. 

Edited by K-9

They are good in their own right and they cheat on top of that whether it's spying, deflating footballs, messing with the other teams headsets or any other number of things these could possibly be doing but haven't gotten caught for it yet. I can't wait for Belichick to just die so they can return to mediocrity. And yes I mean die. Cancer, aids, hit by a truck, heart attack, or whatever. It doesn't even matter that the Bills will still suck, it will still be nice to see Boston lose on a much more frequent basis.

A day after Rex said there is "heightened concern" about Sammy's injury it appears he won't be playing this Sunday. Cordy Glenn is also out.

There are some within the Bills org that believe he actually did rebreak his foot, from what I hear.

The Bills are the perfect storm of incompetence, buffoonery and just plain bad luck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.