Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Because he is as much entrenched at PS &E as Terry and Kim. He only leaves if it's for an even higher position within the NFL or something on par with that.

I've come to expect that Whakey may move on depending on whose brought in but still maintain that that will be a mistake and he will not be unemployed long. Sometimes it's just all about timing.

No one is going to hire Whaley to be a GM again, and no one is going to hire Brandon at a position comparable to what he has now. Years of failure and ineptitude do not yield career advancements.

No one is going to hire Whaley to be a GM again, and no one is going to hire Brandon at a position comparable to what he has now. Years of failure and ineptitude do not yield career advancements.

Today's game is sold out. That is not failure and ineptitude. Russ. Ain't. Goin'. Nowheres.

The Raiders reportedly attempted to hire Russ Brandon away from the team this offseason before he was named president of the Sabres.

Today's game is sold out. That is not failure and ineptitude. Russ. Ain't. Goin'. Nowheres.

I think you and TW are probably right that Brandon is not likely to get canned -- but I completely disagree with that decision (if that is indeed where TP/KP end up).

I also think there remains a real possibility that Brandon does get canned -- selling out a September game against a really good team is a much different kettle of fish than 30K empty seats for the December games, and tons of booing from the crowd that does show up, when the team is 4-10.

The Raiders reportedly attempted to hire Russ Brandon away from the team this offseason before he was named president of the Sabres.

I think that was after the 2014 season, not the 2015 season -- i.e. before the Rex Ryan train wreck.

I have this parallel conversation regarding politics with friends I have a great deal of respect for. You and I couldn't see things more differently regarding Brandon and Whaley. I think you will be shocked where they both end up if we are fortunate enough to live to see it. Then again, it's all about .......

Brandon can write his own ticket in either the NFL or MLB. Lots of short memories here regarding the state of our stadium and corporate sponsorship before he arrived. He was essentially given an ultimatum by Mr. Wilson upon his arrival and he accomplished that and more. Not the least of which was the requirement to sell all luxury suites in order to receive approximately $70m in state funding for stadium renovations.  Damned impressive stuff. The short-sighted will say "anyone can sell Bills tickets in WNY" while totally missing the point that it's not about individual game tickets. It's about generating unshared revenue. Brandon did that in a depressed market for years. 

Brandon can write his own ticket in either the NFL or MLB. Lots of short memories here regarding the state of our stadium and corporate sponsorship before he arrived. He was essentially given an ultimatum by Mr. Wilson upon his arrival and he accomplished that and more. Not the least of which was the requirement to sell all luxury suites in order to receive approximately $70m in state funding for stadium renovations. Damned impressive stuff. The short-sighted will say "anyone can sell Bills tickets in WNY" while totally missing the point that it's not about individual game tickets. It's about generating unshared revenue. Brandon did that in a depressed market for years.

Not that I presume to speak for him, but pretty sure the business side has zero to do with Freeman's evaluation of Brandon.

Woods decided to try to sell a flag instead of going for the ball there

Seeing on Twitter Charles Clay was wide open up the middle on this play. Tyrod just can't throw in the middle of the field.

Defense came to play.

Edited by Hoss

I hate Woods. I know the "everything is Tyrod's fault" bandwagon is a popular place to be, but I refuse to give Woods a pass for poor production.

Meh, there's no undeserved or nonsensical criticism of TT here, I don't think. Bob can block and I love that about him, but I don't think he's a very good receiver. Especially not as a first receiver. 

Have we passed last year's sack total yet? 

Meh, there's no undeserved or nonsensical criticism of TT here, I don't think. Bob can block and I love that about him, but I don't think he's a very good receiver. Especially not as a first receiver.

Have we passed last year's sack total yet?

I think WGR has gone pretty over the top with it. Tyrod has been bad, but Robert Woods is similarly indefensible.

That's so not a catch. But does it really matter because of that penalty? Where would the following play have happened from if they had called it incomplete and accepted the penalty?

It would've been a five-yard penalty and automatic first down. Maybe 10, can't remember. It's not a spot foul.

Plus it would've slowed down the Bills offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.