Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The Bills are the perfect storm of incompetence, buffoonery and just plain bad luck.

I dont think luck has anything to do with it. Otherwise you are spot on.

and new topic after seeing the pats pants the Texans----While Brady is certainly an excellent QB....Hoodie's astounding success with run of the mill QBs casts severe doubt about claims that Brady is the best or near the best of all time QBs.

I doubt that Brady could have carried a mediocre team on his back like Elway did in the 80s early 90s...or that he would have done  as well as Marino did with his very average teams and very average coaching.

I admire Brady's football intellect and his good(not great) arm. I just think a lot of his success is due to the brilliance of Hoodie.

Edited by calti

As I said before, he was 29-52 as a HC.

Yes, you can remind me of Bill Belichick's record with the Browns, but I'll just respond by saying that was before he learned to cheat.

He was 11-5 there one year...with a God awful organization. Of course that organization got rid of him.Just like ralph would have gotten rid of him if he were the Buffalo head coach.

I dont think luck has anything to do with it. Otherwise you are spot on.

and new topic after seeing the pats pants the Texans----While Brady is certainly an excellent QB....Hoodie's astounding success with run of the mill QBs casts severe doubt about claims that Brady is the best or near the best of all time QBs.

I doubt that Brady could have carried a mediocre team on his back like Elway did in the 80s early 90s...or that he would have done  as well as Marino did with his very average teams and very average coaching.

I admire Brady's football intellect and his good(not great) arm. I just think a lot of his success is due to the brilliance of Hoodie.

I think this sells Brady way, way too short.  You still have to make the throws and he does.  You still have to see the field and he does.  You still have to read the defenses and he does.  In short, you still need to execute and he does.   You still have to perform in crunch time and on the biggest stage and he does.  And he does it with any combination of WR and RB put out there with him.

Jacoby Brissett or whatever is injured and needs surgery.

It's either Garroppolo or someone off the waiver wire against the Bills in nine days.

Maybe goes without saying, but I'd venture that the Pats could acquire EJ tomorrow, start him in week 4, and beat the Bills by 3 touchdowns.

I'm not sold on him at all.

You may have posted it before Hoss, but what about Baker Mayfield?

He's a late rounder at best for me. Way too small with a Manziel-style (better brains).

I'm more interested in Mason Rudolph for guys currently projected in the mid rounds.

Luke Falk has talent but his system makes me nervous.

In fact, I think Mason Rudolph should be sitting with a first-round grade right now (with work to do to keep that grade).

Edited by Hoss

Quick guide to draft-eligible college QBs this week:

Deshaun Watson (Clemson) took care of business on Thursday against Georgia Tech with 304 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.

Chad Kelly (Ole Miss) is playing against number 12 Georgia on ESPN. It's at the half and he has torn them up. Ole Miss leads 31-0.

Mitch Leidner (Minnesota) has his team up 17-7 against Colorado State but his stats won't get you excited. Game on ESPNU.

DeShone Kizer (Norte Dame) will play a weak defense against Duke today. This is a game he should be able to show off his entire skill set in an attempt to justify so many projecting him to be number one. It's on NBC at 3:30.

Josh Dobbs (Tennessee) will face off with number 19 Florida at 3:30 on CBS.

Mason Rudolph (Ok State) will play number 16 Baylor on FOX at 7:30. Rudolph quickly became my favorite to watch, so we'll see if he continues to support that tonight.

That's the extent of the players I have any interest in discussing.

What about Kaaya, Hoss? Any thoughts on him?

He's not on the list because he doesn't play this week, but he's another one to watch. Struggled against Florida Atlantic, oddly, but he tore up App State who quieted Josh Dobbs of Tennessee.

Has three INTs after only have 5 last year.

I'm still learning on a lot of these guys, so any analysis I can offer will be mostly basic. Rudolph is the one I ended up spending a lot of time on after giving each QB a quick look. I liked what I saw a lot so I just kept observing as much as I could and became a big fan.

Chad Kelly out of the game with three minutes to go in the third because his team is up 45-7 on the number 12 team in the country. If his day is over it ends 18 for 24 with 282 yards and 2 TDs (no INTs). Also ran four times for 53 yards and a TD (TD was 41 yards where he went untouched).

A very good sign for Kelly: he seems to have gotten even better this year despite losing Treadwell.

Edited by Hoss

Chad Kelly (Ole Miss) is playing against number 12 Georgia on ESPN. It's at the half and he has torn them up. Ole Miss leads 31-0.

Wow.  Having not watched any of their games, it's pretty impressive how Ole Miss has performed this season.  Lost by 11 to the #4 team, by 5 to the #1 team, and absolutely crushing the #12 team.  Is Chad Kelly a decent QB? 

Wow. Having not watched any of their games, it's pretty impressive how Ole Miss has performed this season. Lost by 11 to the #4 team, by 5 to the #1 team, and absolutely crushing the #12 team. Is Chad Kelly a decent QB?

And a couple of the losses came after blowing a 21 point lead or so.

Chad Kelly is an interesting prospect to consider. Around Buffalo it's hard to get an unbiased answer (positive or negative).

Born and raised here as the nephew of the greatest quarterback to ever lace em up (and the only QB to take them within reach of NFL glory). The expectations have been high for Kelly from day one, and he did plenty on the field in high school to provide hope. Off the field was another question, though.

I've heard story after story about how much of a douche he can be from people that met and know him. He's not seen as a very bright individual.

After high school he went to Clemson and, at one point, said he should be the starter over Tajh Boyd who was looked at as their leader and an NFL QB for a time. When he started to lose ground in the QB battle the year after Boyd left he got into a verbal battle with the coaches. That got him dismissed from the team.

He took the year to go to JUCO (East Mississippi CC) where he went undefeated and won their championship. After doing that he was being recruited by some big schools. If I remember correctly Florida State was the main competitor aside from Ole Miss, but there was immediate opportunity so he committed to Ole Miss eight months after the Clemson dismissal (pretty impressive to turn that around in eight months).

Days after committing to Ole Miss he got arrested for threatening a bouncer at a club in Buffalo. He claimed he was going to return with an AK-47 and "shoot it up." Ole Miss stood by him, though, and he ended up being their starter in his first season there (last year). 

He had a HUGE year last year statistically and pulled off an upset over Alabama which included over 300 yards and three TDs (no INTs). The only real issue he had in year one was avoiding the big mistakes that cost him big games (Ole Miss was ranked in the top five after beating Alabama if I'm not mistaken).

He came into this year facing huge expectations but plenty of questions about his maturity level and ability to handle it. He lost his left tackle and top receiver to the draft.

So far this year he has played closed games against two good teams in losses (Alabama and Florida State) but you could point to his failure to make throws under pressure as keys to those losses. Even still, he has looked like an even better QB making ELITE throws that should translate to the pro level.

Size is an issue for him. He's 6-2 and like 215/220. That's not ideal, but it's also not terrible.

The character questions are real, but it's also rare for a fan base to know so much about a prospect. We know everything there is to know about this kid. I don't doubt that many other top prospects are considered douchebags by everybody in their home town. And it's only going to be more magnified if he comes here. That's the danger of a questionable character coming home. They're going to be the king of the town even more than they were when things were falling apart in high school/early college.

I think he could be successful in the NFL, but I think Buffalo is the last place he should want to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000707383/article/dolphins-among-10-nfl-clubs-scouting-fournette-vs-auburn

NFL.com has this scouting tracker they put up each weak to let you know what team has scouts at what game. This week they only have three games listed and Buffalo is attending LSU at Auburn.

LSU's top prospects are Leonard Fournette (number one RB in the country), Jamal Adams (possible top-ten draft pick at safety), Tre'Davious White (second-round CB), Malachi Dupre (mid-round WR) and Ethan Pocic (mid-round centre).

Auburn's top prospect is Carl Lawson (one of the top DEs in the country). Not a lot beyond that.

Last week: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000702896/article/bears-among-11-clubs-scouting-fsus-dalvin-cook-vs-louisville

The Bills attended all three games listed. Florida State vs Louisville, Alabama vs Ole Miss and Ohio State vs Oklahoma.

Florida State's notable prospects are RB Dalvin Cook, OT Roderick Johnson and WR Travis Rudolph.

Louisville doesn't have any notable 2017 prospects but QB Lamar Jackson could be worth the early look.

Alabama has a prospect at every defensive position you could want near the top of the draft and top-tier OT Cam Robinson. Also have TE OJ Howard.

The big notable for Ole Miss is Chad Kelly who I talked about above. I imagine they'll be watching him and other QBs frequently.

Ohio State surprisingly doesn't have a ton of top-end talent in the draft this year, but they're another team with a top centre (Pat Elfiein). Also the top ILB (Raekwon McMillan).

Oklahoma lacks top prospects in general but certainly missing the positions Buffalo would be looking at.

Two weeks ago: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696115/article/eagles-giants-among-15-nfl-clubs-scouting-penn-statepitt

Only one game listed: Penn State vs Pittsburgh.

Neither team has a lot to offer, but Pittsburgh does have a top-tier OT (Adam Bisnowaty) to watch. Penn State has a mid-round WR (DaeSean Hamilton).

First week of the season: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000693284/article/browns-among-15-clubs-wholl-scout-deshaun-watson-in-opener

Bills listed at two games: Clemson vs Auburn and Florida State vs Ole Miss

Auburn, Florida State and Ole Miss are broken down above.

Clemson obviously has DeShaun Watson and one of the best WRs in the nation in Mike Williams (yes, Mike Williams).

Disclaimer: I understand teams send scouts to games for a ton of different reasons not limited to just players (building relationship, convenience of location, etc). I also understand that NFL.com is giving very limited info and every team has scouts at a ton of different games each week. Also, I know i'm talking to myself. NO, YOU'RE talking to yourself.

Edited by Hoss

DeShone Kizer (Norte Dame) will play a weak defense against Duke today. This is a game he should be able to show off his entire skill set in an attempt to justify so many projecting him to be number one. It's on NBC at 3:30.

I didn't get a chance to watch but Kizer finished with 22-37 with 381 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. 11 rushes for 60 yards and a TD.

From what I'm seeing on Twitter Kizer had a really good game until it mattered at the end. He failed in a clutch moment against a bad team to fall to 1-3. Not a good sign that he faltered late in a game like this. With the game on the line he completely missed a WR that was blanketed anyways.

Chad Kelly is an interesting prospect to consider. Around Buffalo it's hard to get an unbiased answer (positive or negative).

Born and raised here as the nephew of the greatest quarterback to ever lace em up (and the only QB to take them within reach of NFL glory). The expectations have been high for Kelly from day one, and he did plenty on the field in high school to provide hope. Off the field was another question, though.

I've heard story after story about how much of a douche he can be from people that met and know him. He's not seen as a very bright individual.

After high school he went to Clemson and, at one point, said he should be the starter over Tajh Boyd who was looked at as their leader and an NFL QB for a time. When he started to lose ground in the QB battle the year after Boyd left he got into a verbal battle with the coaches. That got him dismissed from the team.

He took the year to go to JUCO (East Mississippi CC) where he went undefeated and won their championship. After doing that he was being recruited by some big schools. If I remember correctly Florida State was the main competitor aside from Ole Miss, but there was immediate opportunity so he committed to Ole Miss eight months after the Clemson dismissal (pretty impressive to turn that around in eight months).

Days after committing to Ole Miss he got arrested for threatening a bouncer at a club in Buffalo. He claimed he was going to return with an AK-47 and "shoot it up." Ole Miss stood by him, though, and he ended up being their starter in his first season there (last year).

He had a HUGE year last year statistically and pulled off an upset over Alabama which included over 300 yards and three TDs (no INTs). The only real issue he had in year one was avoiding the big mistakes that cost him big games (Ole Miss was ranked in the top five after beating Alabama if I'm not mistaken).

He came into this year facing huge expectations but plenty of questions about his maturity level and ability to handle it. He lost his left tackle and top receiver to the draft.

So far this year he has played closed games against two good teams in losses (Alabama and Florida State) but you could point to his failure to make throws under pressure as keys to those losses. Even still, he has looked like an even better QB making ELITE throws that should translate to the pro level.

Size is an issue for him. He's 6-2 and like 215/220. That's not ideal, but it's also not terrible.

The character questions are real, but it's also rare for a fan base to know so much about a prospect. We know everything there is to know about this kid. I don't doubt that many other top prospects are considered douchebags by everybody in their home town. And it's only going to be more magnified if he comes here. That's the danger of a questionable character coming home. They're going to be the king of the town even more than they were when things were falling apart in high school/early college.

I think he could be successful in the NFL, but I think Buffalo is the last place he should want to go.

I mean, Jim Kelly was an assh*le.

We all know Chad is going to Miami.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.