The Eichel Tower

BetweenThePipes00

I'm not crying, you're crying.

I really liked the line from his mom: "He's a player from his time". That was cool.

That combined with link between Jack E with your son John and you with the Gilbert Perrault 11 on your jersey! For me that links 2 generations was way cool. Sorry had a patient interrupt my thought. Edited by North Buffalo

That video was great, and your son it quite smart for taking what seemed like a corny goal call and turning it into a literal thing that we all enjoy watching grow. Makes me wonder had this been 10 years ago and your son heard the population of Pominville if we'd be watching him fill a small town with people.

When we do make it to the playoffs someday, has your son thought about what kind of special puck he'll use to denote that?

That video was great, and your son it quite smart for taking what seemed like a corny goal call and turning it into a literal thing that we all enjoy watching grow. Makes me wonder had this been 10 years ago and your son heard the population of Pominville if we'd be watching him fill a small town with people.

When we do make it to the playoffs someday, has your son thought about what kind of special puck he'll use to denote that?

Should be white pucks for round 1 and 2, blue for the conference championships, and gold for SCF.

That combined with link between Jack E with your son John and you with the Gilbert Perrault 11 on your jersey! For me that links 2 generations was way cool. Sorry had a patient interrupt my thought.

Yess, that was great

Oh man. I'm a mess.

(I have a little guy about that age, and he loves the Eichel Tower. I'm sure that's why they're gonna need a mop to get me wiped up off the floor here.)

I really liked the line from his mom: "He's a player from his time". That was cool.

For sure - great observation.

Oh man. I'm a mess.

(I have a little guy about that age, and he loves the Eichel Tower. I'm sure that's why they're gonna need a mop to get me wiped up off the floor here.)

How do you think I felt! I had no idea they would play up that angle so much ... that song just killed me. 

The video really doesn't do justice to how comfortable and easy going Eichel was with us. And really the whole team with C.J. loitering around the tunnel/bench area all through the morning skate. Bylsma kept telling him to get off those boards behind the bench and stay behind the glass, he was seriously nervous he would get hit with an errant puck haha

How do you think I felt! I had no idea they would play up that angle so much ... that song just killed me. 

The video really doesn't do justice to how comfortable and easy going Eichel was with us. And really the whole team with C.J. loitering around the tunnel/bench area all through the morning skate. Bylsma kept telling him to get off those boards behind the bench and stay behind the glass, he was seriously nervous he would get hit with an errant puck haha

I can only imagine.

And good for Disco being a safety marshal.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally read the article and watched the video here!  Awesome!  Well done, CJ and John.

I enjoyed this part... especially Bogo... haha:

When we got to the morning skate that day, he just wanted to hang by the tunnel where the Sabres came out and make sure he got to fist-bump Jack. He got his wish and more: Anders Nilsson flipped him two pucks, one for him and one for my daughter. Zach Bogosian broke a stick and gave C.J. the pieces, which he thought was the coolest thing… until Sam Reinhart came off at the end and gave him the perfectly intact stick he was using. He loves that thing.

As it turned out, that stick was the perfect distraction. Instead of asking why the heck we were hanging around at the top of the 100 level after the skate was long over, C.J. was stickhandling pucks from Anders Nilsson with his new stick from Sam Reinhart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.