GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:00 pm est, 2-3-2016

WildCard

Interesting takes from the Montreal feed last night.  

The game announcers commented on it looking like Buffalo had marching orders to get under Subban's skin.  They noted more than Kane working PK over.  Heck, even Eichel was yapping at PK from the bench at one point.

They were pretty enthralled with Eichel as well.

And if anyone still wants to think that Buffalo media is unreasonable towards the Sabres, they may wanna seek out last nights Montreal broadcast.  Price took the ice after the pregame skate, did not look comfortable, and the commentary crew absolutely roasted Habs management for their handling of his injury.  Was worse than any roast Harrington or Bucky ever could have engaged in.  

The game announcers commented on it looking like Buffalo had marching orders to get under Subban's skin.  They noted more than Kane working PK over.  Heck, even Eichel was yapping at PK from the bench at one point.

And if anyone still wants to think that Buffalo media is unreasonable towards the Sabres, they may wanna seek out last nights Montreal broadcast.  Price took the ice after the pregame skate, did not look comfortable, and the commentary crew absolutely roasted Habs management for their handling of his injury.  Was worse than any roast Harrington or Bucky ever could have engaged in.  

I'd like to know more about this.  What did they do wrong?

Brought him back too early.

They were calling for heads to roll simply for having Price skating yesterday too.  Comments on facial expressions of pain, how carefully he was striding.  Every negative that could have been extracted, was.

How to gain the zone like Evander Kane:

Step 1) Pick up speed.

Step 2) A- If there's no defender in your way: skate to the outside of the circle and blast a shot into the goalie's pads.

B- If there is a defender in your way, chip it too far up the boards and turn over the puck.

So, how long until Foligno disappears again? His career to date has generally been 5 good games followed by 15 games in which he's invisible.

Such an un-heavy play by ROR on the Galchenyuk goal. That was brutal.

Sick play by Zemgus to assist on the Foligno goal. He cleanly picked the puck away from the man behind him, and then put it out in front of the D-man coming in to crunch him. So manly.

Eichel played a very solid game, very strong on the puck. He won a lot of battles from far away with that long stick of his. I still don't think he needs to get a shorter one, Randall.

Happy for Larsson. Dude has been working his ass of lately.

I was underwhelmed by the O'Reilly line.

FTR: I am really creeped out by TBJ's pictures. Yes, she's wearing standard female bartending garb, but that doesn't mean that she's consenting to get ogled by an entire message board. No wonder we have like 6 female posters total that rarely post.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Good stuff.  I had that feed as well (only saw end of 2nd and 3rd) and enjoyed the different perspective.  They were killing them.

Oh, and on Dunleavy: it's not just the goal calls, he's just a bad pbp guy.

He's consistently behind the play and frequently goes out of his way to paint a more vivid picture of what happened 5 seconds ago that he failed to communicate the first time. I don't think it's an issue that can be solved with "seasoning" in the job, he's just not fast enough.

FTR: I am really creeped out by TBJ's pictures. Yes, she's wearing standard female bartending garb, but that doesn't mean that she's consenting to get ogled by an entire message board. No wonder we have like 6 female posters total that rarely post.

I get what you're saying, but I really think a low female population is the general nature of sports message boards. I don't post elsewhere though, so I could be way off.

I get what you're saying, but I really think a low female population is the general nature of sports message boards. I don't post elsewhere though, so I could be way off.

I take issue with what TBJ did on any level, not just in the context of a message board. The fact that he was being egged on really sickened me. I thought this board was a little more mature than that.

I take issue with what TBJ did on any level, not just in the context of a message board. The fact that he was being egged on really sickened me. I thought this board was a little more mature than that.

clearly we are not :D , that being said the creepiness of it all was already said by many.

I'd ask her if I take a pic before personally, they usually work out better with a smile :P

Edited by Huckleberry

Really? I mean, we did have a breast thread, and there's never been a shortage of sexual innuendo tossed around.

Really? I mean, we did have a breast thread, and there's never been a shortage of sexual innuendo tossed around.

Egging a poster on to sneakily take crewp pictures of a bartender takes it to another level. A lot of posters (myself inclduded) take pride in this board being "better" than other places on the internet. Reading this thread today really disappointed me.

As for posters saying it was creepy at the time, it was generally in the tone of "creepiness is okay." Hell, even TBJ said that it was creepy and kept on posting pictures.

It's distressing that I'm the only person that's speaking up about having a problem with this.

Egging a poster on to sneakily take crewp pictures of a bartender takes it to another level. A lot of posters (myself inclduded) take pride in this board being "better" than other places on the internet. Reading this thread today really disappointed me.

As for posters saying it was creepy at the time, it was generally in the tone of "creepiness is okay." Hell, even TBJ said that it was creepy and kept on posting pictures.

It's distressing that I'm the only person that's speaking up about having a problem with this.

Sober second thoughts and all.

I regret whatever part I played in this particular aspect of this thread.

I like to think of myself as better than that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.