GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:00 pm est, 2-3-2016

WildCard

Egging a poster on to sneakily take crewp pictures of a bartender takes it to another level. A lot of posters (myself inclduded) take pride in this board being "better" than other places on the internet. Reading this thread today really disappointed me.

As for posters saying it was creepy at the time, it was generally in the tone of "creepiness is okay." Hell, even TBJ said that it was creepy and kept on posting pictures.

It's distressing that I'm the only person that's speaking up about having a problem with this.

I think we all got caught up in the moment joking around. I really don't think we're a collection of sleeze balls, nor do I think you need to be quite so distressed about it.

I think we all got caught up in the moment joking around. I really don't think we're a collection of sleeze balls, nor do I think you need to be quite so distressed about it.

Agreed. Not everything needs to be taken so seriously

Ladies, feel free to post creep shots if the chisled guy who tends bar next time. I'll laugh at that too

You're a braver man than I qwk. I thought I'd do my part to say I thought it was weird, but being a guy trying to argue the perspective of female posters to other guys was going to be way too much work. The only voices that carry any weight will be our female posters if they so choose.

Or you can just answer my question. Why would it be any different if a lady poster did that?

Because the board isn't primarily made up of women. Because it isn't an issue that men suffer in their daily lives to be objectified as a sexy body and little else. Because women engage in that kind of behavior so much more infrequently than men.

If the bartender was your girlfriend or sister, would you be okay with stumbling upon a reddit thread where a middle aged guy took several pictures of her (without her knowledge) and several other posters were leering at her tits and ass? It's not okay.

Edited by qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster, on 04 Feb 2016 - 5:47 PM, said:

Because the board isn't primarily made up of women. Because it isn't an issue that men suffer in their daily lives to be objectified as a sexy body and little else. Because women engage in that kind of behavior so much more infrequently than men.

If the bartender was your girlfriend or sister, would you be okay with stumbling upon a reddit thread where a middle aged guy took several pictures of her (without her knowledge) and several other posters were leering at her tits and ass? It's not okay.

The ladies here are welcome to objectify me all day.  And my wife would take a certain pride in it, in between making fun out of it.

Go, ladies, go!

I've found myself on the front page of reddit without prior knowledge. A whole album of me in fact

Okay, and?

I wasn't upset.

Tbh I knew the guy who did it and it was in good fun. Clearly the contexts are different here. You're right qwk, I wouldn't be happy if that was my sibling. Maybe next time you pm TBJ instead though

Edited by WildCard

I just think you should be a bit more forgiving of a one-off thing. Now, if we start having a hot bartender photo contest, then yea.

Why should I be forgiving when nobody seemed to find anything wrong with what was happening in this thread? If I just let this go, how do I know that this won't pop up in other threads in the future? This is a Sabres board, not /r/CandidFashionCritic

Why should I be forgiving when nobody seemed to find anything wrong with what was happening in this thread? If I just let this go, how do I know that this won't pop up in other threads in the future? This is a Sabres board, not /r/CandidFashionCritic

To be honest I get it, I was making the creep statement at first to, I'm not a fan of facebook and my face is all over it and not always in the best "condition",  because my friends have facebook accounts.

If I really wanted to I could sue them and ask them to remove them all, thing is if you don't give consent , that is the point that crosses the line for me.

That being said I did enjoy the pictures last night as well.

I wasn't upset

You're missing my points entirely. You're not a woman. You're not a member of the sex that has been subjugated by males since the beginning of time. Your experience of being posted on Reddit has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Also, even if the bartender read this thread and said that she wasn't bothered by it, that also would have nothing to do with the points I'm making.

I strongly urge you to read up on feminist theory and think about it. Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti is a good book for getting your toes wet.

I wasn't upset.

Tbh I knew the guy who did it and it was in good fun. Clearly the contexts are different here. You're right qwk, I wouldn't be happy if that was my sibling. Maybe next time you pm TBJ instead though

This wasn't exclusive to TBJ.

I wouldn't want my GF or sister to be a bartender in the first place, to be honest. Nor would I want them to plaster themselves on Facebook and Instagram. But if they choose to do so, that's their choice, ya know? I get the difference in consent though.

Again, I'm not really defending the act, just think you're being a little harsh on us because this is not typical of this board. I understand the broad societal commentary, and I don't feel especially great about it, but I also don't think it's an accurate representation of this board's culture.

How to gain the zone like Evander Kane:

Step 1) Pick up speed.

Step 2) A- If there's no defender in your way: skate to the outside of the circle and blast a shot into the goalie's pads.

B- If there is a defender in your way, chip it too far up the boards and turn over the puck.

Kane had a great game yesterday. He was the driving force on his line, and Bylsma raved about his impact on the game and the impact his line had on the score sheet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.