Sabres @ Rangers 1/25/16, 7:30 PM on NBCS

LGR4GM

Unsure what happened to our wonderful thread starter and I do not have time to do this justice.

Zemgus could be back which would help. Reinhart is gone til the All Star break. ROR needs to start scoring again. I would expect Lehner in goal although he could be held out until tomorrow against Ottawa.

Rick Nash injured his leg last game and is questionable for the Rangers.

The Rangers have scored the 4th most goals in the eastern conference which should prove a good test for Lehner coming off an excellent start where he got no goal support.  Buffalo really needs to work harder in this game because with Lundqvist in goal you are going to need traffic in front and lots of shots. Antti Raanta could start for the Rangers as they are playing back to back. Raanta has a .909sv% in 11gp with 8 starts.

Buffalo has not scored a 5v5 goals since Evander Kane did against Washington at the 7:14 mark of the Second period. They have scored 3 PP goals in 2 games and were shutout on Friday. While there is evidence that the injuries and fatigue are forcing the Sabres overall play to decline, after 2 years of horrendous hockey the results are simply not good enough. The Sabres have lost 14 of 25 total loses by 1 goal. The Sabres are a lousy 9-15-2 at home so hopefully playing away from Buffalo will help kickstart the offense. Disco Daniel is not happy with his team and the amount of losing that is occurring. 

Bylsma when asked about losing said "You should ask my wife that question maybe more than me, where I’m at with it personally,” Bylsma joked Friday in First Niagara Center. “It’s difficult, there’s no question. We want to win every game going in. I know we’re in a development process with our team, how we play, how we want to play. The level which we want to play and compete is something we’re developing. I think it’s put us into being a competitive team, a team that should and does compete to win every night. It’s difficult when you don’t.”

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/01/23/sabres-are-a-project-but-bylsma-hates-losing/

Team Leaders NYR:

Mats Zuccarello - 34pts

Rick Nash - 33pts

Keith Yandle - 23pts

BUF:

Ryan O'Reilly - 40pts

Rasmus Ristolainen - 31pts

Jack Eichel - 30pts

NYR are 5-4-1 in their last 10

Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10

463986008-zach-bogosian-of-the-buffalo-s

Edited by LGR4GM

Johnson confirmed

Eichel w Zemgus and Moulson tonight

I know it's out of desperation with the forwards, but this is one of the line combinations that many of us around here were interested in before the season started. Y'know - before Moulson turned out to be rotting hot garbage.

As well as Lehner has played the last few games, its important to remember that he is coming off a major injury. Better to ease him in to action slowly.

He is still 20th in the league in save percentage so I am not sure it can be accurately stated that he has been one of the best in the league for 75% of the schedule.

Thank you

Who's going to be the first to predict a Moulson goal tonight? :ph34r:

Calling it now. TWO points for Matty Mou, 1 goal

Carrying the Johnson stat line further, he has played full games 26 times and has been over .920 thirteen times and in the last 6 games he is 3 and 3. Johnson is the perfect example of what I call the Marty Biron syndrome. His overalll stats indicate that if just given a chance he is a capable starter but his inconsistently and penchant for letting in bad goals at bad times make the eye test more accurate then the analytics test. 

He is a very good back up and nothing more,

He is still 20th in the league in save percentage so I am not sure it can be accurately stated that he has been one of the best in the league for 75% of the schedule.

You don't take recent success into account when determining whether or not a player is worthy of starting?

He's got a .936 save percentage since 11/1. It's safe to say that's pretty up there among other goaltenders.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.