Sabres @ Rangers 1/25/16, 7:30 PM on NBCS

LGR4GM

Not quite. This team should be at ~50 points today. Playing 0.600 for the 2nd 1/2 of the season. They haven't been, & unless something major changes, they won't.

...if TM was a buyer at the deadline, this could happen:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/2010-2011/NHL/Eastern/Northeast/Sabres.html

However, he won't be a buyer because finishing the season on a glorious run only to exit in the first round of the playoffs and losing half your team to UFA in the summer, is not the long term goal of this franchise.   And I'm OK with that.

Klein caught diving after getting pushed by his own teammate?

http://gfycat.com/CoolSphericalDungenesscrab

Should be a fine!  But why dive there, he could've borken up the 2 on 1.

WTF was Girgensons doing trying to stay onsides?   The puck is over the line and he kicks out his back skate in the air, then drops it back on the ice after the blue line?   Awkward.   He was onside and almost put himself off by doing that.... just drag the back leg if you think it's close.

xUPn92y.png

Edited by pi2000

Zemgus and Eichel really showed some nice promise in this game. Good on ya Zemgus for reminding us how sweet ur mitts can be.

He's been so lost in the shuffle. Almost a sophomore slump. Imagine if he still turns out to be what we thought he would be. A future with that Gus is so much brighter. Imagine going down your center corps with Eichel, O'Reilly, Girgensons...

He's been so lost in the shuffle. Almost a sophomore slump. Imagine if he still turns out to be what we thought he would be. A future with that Gus is so much brighter. Imagine going down your center corps with Eichel, O'Reilly, Girgensons...

I still believe in him, this has been mostly a lost season for him but his legend will continue!

And in the near(er) term, a Girgensons back in form on Eichel's wing, and Reinhart flanking O'Reilly. That's 4 of a top 6 that I like quite a lot.

Maybe Fasching works his way into the top 6 next season. Guys coming out of the NCAA often make the jump/transition quickly.

I'm deeply ambivalent about E. Kane at this point. Seems like sound and fury, often signifying nothing.

And in the near(er) term, a Girgensons back in form on Eichel's wing, and Reinhart flanking O'Reilly. That's 4 of a top 6 that I like quite a lot.

Maybe Fasching works his way into the top 6 next season. Guys coming out of the NCAA often make the jump/transition quickly.

I'm deeply ambivalent about E. Kane at this point. Seems like sound and fury, often signifying nothing.

You leave Macbeth out of this.

Haven't read the thread yet.

That was a fun 3rd period.  Why can't the rubes running the NHL understand how fun high scoring games are for the fans?

-Tough game for Rasmus.  He was trying to be too methodical, not enough chutzpah.

-Bogosian played pretty bad, too.  Several bad decisions from him all over the ice.  Whether it was blindly trying to clear the puck out of his own zone when he had space, or taking the shot himself instead of giving it to Rasmus in space, yikes.

-McCabe had a couple rough moments, but battled hard.  Nice effort from him.

-Eichel wasn't very good until the third.  That was a sweet third period though.  It's so nice to have a player with so much talent that he's dangerous any time he touches the puck, even during an off game.  I've never seen anyone get a step-on-the-puck assist before.

-Zemgus! Why did it take Bylsma so long to pair him with Eichman?

-Speaking of Bylsma, he had the 4th line out there down by 2 with 6 minutes to go.  Then he had the third line out there with 3 minutes left.  WTF?

-Johnson was Johnson.  Couldn't help but think that Lehner might've gotten the pad down on Zuccarello's goal.

-I love Mats Zuccarello.

-Evander Kane is maddening.  For every turnover he creates with his forechecking, there's 2 bad plays.  The bad angle shots when he has a linemate wide open... ugh

-Gionta is so much more fun to watch when he's in the right role.  I'm glad that line finally got a goal, they've earned it.  That said, last night wasn't one of their better games.

-Larsson was quiet.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I'd rather have Myers than Bogosian. But I think I'd rather have Kane than any of the rest, barring a draft pick surprise.

Myers' offense is better, and I don't think his D overall is worse. It's different, but not worse. Bogosian brings more physicality, but whatever, I think that's a style thing not an importance thing.

I came to this conclusion last night, too.  Myers is better.

I'd rather lose 6-3 than get shut out 3-0.  Just sayin'.  :thumbsup:

Amen.

Some really good discussion after the game, gentlemen.  Awesome stuff.

Johnson? Why would he play? Last place is within sight now!

Caption: Everyone: "I like the cut of that Bogo's jib." Except the mean old guy in the front row. That's me. "I've never cared for his jib."

His jib is at far to jaunty of an angle for someone of his position.

I have a feeling what you see is what we're going to get from Kane.

Meh.

:w00t:  Did you use your hourglass to time that?

Harry Neale live tweets shot distances and delay time for all Sabres shots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.