GDT: New Jersey @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm ET, 12/15/2015

Doohickie

I don't understand what's interference.

I'm not being snarky, but the NHL has some videos that explain how various rules are called. There are several interference videos. The one situation a lot of people are hung up on is apparent interference on dump-ins.

Tonight didn't happen. All I have is "Peter Palmieri." Finding a clip of Murray sitting behind Bylsma is all I have to live for at the moment. What a letdown from 24 hours ago. And we didn't get a Swedish goody video today either. Blah. Merry Christmas my ass.

I'm not being snarky, but the NHL has some videos that explain how various rules are called. There are several interference videos. The one situation a lot of people are hung up on is apparent interference on dump-ins.Tonight didn't happen. All I have is "Peter Palmieri." Finding a clip of Murray sitting behind Bylsma is all I have to live for at the moment. What a letdown from 24 hours ago. And we didn't get a Swedish goody video today either. Blah. Merry Christmas my ass.

Yeah. Same here.

It wouldn't have mattered if they called interference tonight anyway. We weren't the better team.

I'm not being snarky, but the NHL has some videos that explain how various rules are called. There are several interference videos. The one situation a lot of people are hung up on is apparent interference on dump-ins.

Tonight didn't happen. All I have is "Peter Palmieri." Finding a clip of Murray sitting behind Bylsma is all I have to live for at the moment. What a letdown from 24 hours ago. And we didn't get a Swedish goody video today either. Blah. Merry Christmas my ass.

The O'Reilly dump in with 1:46 left was as bad as I've ever seen.  Blatant.

Edited by Potato

They beat us to pucks all night long. RJ said late in the game, "they're starting to come alive" which would suggest to me that the Sabres were asleep for much of the game.

One particular play stood out for me when a devils defensemen was looking to corral the puck in his end and Eichel had a chance to get to the puck; however, he decided to take a couple strides and coast the rest of the way which is all the defensemen needed to gain possession and run the puck up ice. The coasting thing has to stop. K-9 is right in that Eichel looks disinterested at times.

Having said that, Gionta and others seem to have the same problem.   

I like how the NHL focuses so much on the literal interpretation of offsides and icing (like making sure to call it if a guy is an inch ahead of/behind the line) instead of just focusing on the intention (preventing cherry picking and wasting time by dumping it anytime)... But then ignores both the intention and literal interpretation of interference.

I actually post a pun every day on my Facebook account.... well every day that I get a round tuit.  Then people respond with other puns related to the original.  Some of them are pretty clever.

A Recent Pun:  My grandfather had the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the local zoo.

Responses: 

What do you mane by that?

Is this really true?? I think you're lion...

...would it be asinine to explain why he's not welcome at the stables? ...fodder for barnyard humor probably belongs in the compost bin.

I would think he was kept behind bars.

Have you no pride? ;)

I really do feel prepared, which is why I'm on here and streaming the game instead of panicking :P

As for sleep, last night I got about 2 hours because I was worrying about electrodynamics, not studying, just fretting while trying to sleep, and doing electrodynamics at 8 am on 2 hours of sleep is one of the worst things I've ever had to endure. 

I had to look it up, apparently Electrodynamics is what the kids are calling Emag these days. And yeah, that class sucked.

I want to see cal O'Reilly score one

You mean Chino, surely?

Eight games in Fourteen Nights is starting to show with some players, particularity Eichel are feeling the effects.  

Eichel would benefit from some time on the wing, less responsibility and it would allow him to possibility build some confidence.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I honestly think he is exhausted by another 3 in 4 and is sick of hockey. He almost looks disinterested half the time. Did his not girlfriend dump him or something?

GO SABRES!!!

I can't imagine how an 18 year old is getting along in the NHL. I sure hope the Sabres manage their teens well. I'm not surprised at all he isn't doing great. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.