GDT: LA @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/12/2015

WildCard

I thought the defensive zone coverage was the best I've seen it all year most of the game

O'Reilly wow, keep watchin him young Samson

As for Samson, he seems to get a little better every game lately. His progression continues to impress.

Mike Weber for as much as he should be gone yesterday actually played well most of the game, getting hits and playing in their face.

I think Ullmark is a shell of what he will be but he was good alot tonight. He just can't move as well as he will when he's fully healed but when will that be?

They better sign Kopitar, he's alot of their offense it seems.

O'Reilly WOW! Love this guy but I'm goin with the Reinhart jersey.

Kane was on fire in the 3rd, I thought he was gonna score

I agree, but the third period wasn't nearly as good as the first two.

And yeah, agree with all your other stuff too.

Hey guys.....it should still be on your dvr.

Gionta didn't blow it, Eichel did.

Kane and Gionta were ahead of Eichel and waited on him. Eichel was going north, then 2 feet from the bluelinr decides to cut left and go to his backhand.

Eichel cost us the goal.

You are spot on with this. I said the same thing when it happened. He made them all wait.

Even earlier he should have passed it to Kane who was ahead of their D.

You are spot on with this. I said the same thing when it happened. He made them all wait.

I'm watching the play over and over again as I type this, and I get that he could have passed to Kane. But the slight veer left, well, to the right there was a stick, of a defender. There are so many less-smooth zone entries that don't have players go offsides. I just have nothing wrong with that entry at all. And I also think that the plane of the line should be considered onside, because It's not like Gionta's whole body was in the zone. Half of it was clearly over the blue line.

He took the space and manufactured a goal that would have counted in any other season in NHL's history.

I'm not a hockey coach, but I would think with 10~15 seconds left on a transition, these guys are expecting him to gain the redline and fire it in, either having first dibs at a retrieval, or a freeze with 5 seconds left to set up a play.

The only reason McCabe was there was because he has situational awareness. 5 minutes in the period and he doesn't rush.

If people want to watch a one man ballet, then fine. Maybe there is a reason the guy is on pace for 13 assists on the season...

At least Ristolainen is playing within the system and his teammates. I just say hold your horses on making him into a star. It was fun watching Lucic get frustrated with Ristolainen though. He got Hedman too a few weeks ago.

If Eichel keeps dipsy doodling he is going to get leveled soon. He leaves himself vulnerable with all the half spins and backhand cutesiness.

The Sabres played like a western conference team last night.  This is what GMTM was envisioning.  All these players are products of western conference teams, ROR, Kane, Bogo, Deslaurier, Legwand, McGinn,   We are seeing flashes of what is coming.....

Oh, and ROR is on the verge of becoming an NHL star.

Edited by We've

I thought the defensive zone coverage was the best I've seen it all year most of the game

O'Reilly wow, keep watchin him young Samson

As for Samson, he seems to get a little better every game lately. His progression continues to impress.

Mike Weber for as much as he should be gone yesterday actually played well most of the game, getting hits and playing in their face.

I think Ullmark is a shell of what he will be but he was good alot tonight. He just can't move as well as he will when he's fully healed but when will that be?

They better sign Kopitar, he's alot of their offense it seems.

O'Reilly WOW! Love this guy but I'm goin with the Reinhart jersey.

Kane was on fire in the 3rd, I thought he was gonna score

I was set on getting an Eichel jersey, but I'm becoming a big O'Reilly fan. Dude is a beast. Simply a complete player/leader. Think I have a man crush....  :unsure:

Edited by Thanes16

• These Sabres seem built more for grinding games like this than the free skates we saw out west.
  • Looked to me like Lucic had a rougher night than Risto and Reinhart did out there Razor.
  • Jamie McGinn isn't a surprise, this is the player he was in Colorado.
  • Matty Moulson and Gionta both looked like they belonged in their roles tonight.
  • McCabe deserves praise for the goal that was called back, but how about that pass on the game-winner?
  • Good to see he and Bogo bounce back with good games.
  • The linesman didn't miss the call on the McCabe goal. He called it exactly the way it has always been called under those circumstances.
  • Tonight was proof low-scoring games can be entertaining. Nice edge to this game.
  • ROR is better than Drury. No question in my mind.

He is "our" Drury  now, but there's no question he's more skilled and ultra talented.  Everything else you're spot on about.  The challenge rule blows.  

Just bitching about stuff that happened, or failed to happen in a win.

The GR guys say it from time to time: Phone lines are jammed following a loss, calls are more sporadic following a win.

I think TBJ was referencing posts on this board. There might have been a few negative comments regarding plays or players, but that's not "Sabres fans" bitching about a win. It's seeing what you want to see and making a mountain out of a molehill. Seriously, I have no life, so I went back and read all the posts that were made after the game. I don't see it.

• These Sabres seem built more for grinding games like this than the free skates we saw out west.
  • Looked to me like Lucic had a rougher night than Risto and Reinhart did out there Razor.
  • Jamie McGinn isn't a surprise, this is the player he was in Colorado.
  • Matty Moulson and Gionta both looked like they belonged in their roles tonight.
  • McCabe deserves praise for the goal that was called back, but how about that pass on the game-winner?
  • Good to see he and Bogo bounce back with good games.
  • The linesman didn't miss the call on the McCabe goal. He called it exactly the way it has always been called under those circumstances.
  • Tonight was proof low-scoring games can be entertaining. Nice edge to this game.
  • ROR is better than Drury. No question in my mind.
I would add that zemgus looked like he is back for the first time thiscseason. He was going all night. And I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think Foligno is one of the most improved players this year. He's not shooting, but he is always protecting the puck and making great decisions with it. I've been really happy with his play.

Sport is entertainment; the challenge gave us drama. And drama in sport is fun.

(note: I wouldn't say this if we had lost.)

Good game. And good evening to you all.

I wonder if you're not onto something here. I've heard it said that the NFL likes all the challenges and video reviews because it's a "sticky" feature of the broadcasts that casual viewers enjoy. Sit at home and play ref, then take to social media and talk about it. Is that what the NHL's after here? Yuck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.