GDT: LA @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/12/2015

WildCard

Despite the fact that the Sabres handily outshot the Kings, I would almost say Linus stole this game for the Sabres.

I would say he stole the OT, not the first 3 periods though. He played great, but our team also played great around him tonight (besides some 2-1's)

Try and watch how many blind passes Kane throws on his backhand through the crease next game, usually around 3-4 / game

• These Sabres seem built more for grinding games like this than the free skates we saw out west.

Looked to me like Lucic had a rougher night than Risto and Reinhart did out there Razor.

Jamie McGinn isn't a surprise, this is the player he was in Colorado.

Matty Moulson and Gionta both looked like they belonged in their roles tonight.

McCabe deserves praise for the goal that was called back, but how about that pass on the game-winner?

Good to see he and Bogo bounce back with good games.

The linesman didn't miss the call on the McCabe goal. He called it exactly the way it has always been called under those circumstances.

Tonight was proof low-scoring games can be entertaining. Nice edge to this game.

ROR is better than Drury. No question in my mind.

Edited by dudacek

• These Sabres seem built more for grinding games like this than the free skates we saw out west.
  • Looked to me like Lucic had a rougher night than Risto and Reinhart did out there Razor.
  • Jamie McGinn isn't a surprise, this is the player he was in Colorado.
  • Matty Moulson and Gionta both looked like they belonged in their roles tonight.
  • McCabe deserves praise for the goal that was called back, but how about that pass on the game-winner?
  • Good to see he and Bogo bounce back with good games.
  • The linesman didn't miss the call on the McCabe goal. He called it exactly the way it has always been called under those circumstances.
  • Tonight was proof low-scoring games can be entertaining. Nice edge to this game.
  • ROR is better than Drury. No question in my mind.

Very good point. I wonder how we all feel about this.

Rick sounded like the Rick of old on O'Reilly's goal.

Can we call it the reverse Bobby R'Orr?

I noticed him over embellishing A LOT tonight.  He anticipates the play, raises his voice, only to realize it didn't go down.  I find that annoying.

Watching the Bills 30 for 30 right now. Fckn A I want a championship for this city so badly...

Can't do it.  Won't do it.  I have vowed never to watch those game until they win the SB.  I was a season ticket holder during those 4 SB years.  I won't tarnish my fond memories with that tripe that was the SBs.  Especially where each one got progressively worse.

• Looked to me like Lucic had a rougher night than Risto and Reinhart did out there Razor.
  • Matty Moulson and Gionta both looked like they belonged in their roles tonight.
  • McCabe deserves praise for the goal that was called back, but how about that pass on the game-winner?
  • The linesman didn't miss the call on the McCabe goal. He called it exactly the way it has always been called under those circumstances.
  • Tonight was proof low-scoring games can be entertaining. Nice edge to this game.

ROR is Drury..... Reinhart is Briere.  Plus we have Eichel!  And Kane!

I know Kane doesn't always make the best play, but he is impatient and fast and pushes the play against the opponent.  The Sabres need more of that.

Very good point. I wonder how we all feel about this.

Not especially great, but I think it's the kind of thing that will be taken care of once the D and wings are upgraded/develop. Looking at Murray's acquisitions so far, he doesn't seem attracted to big slow dudes.

ROR is Drury..... Reinhart is Briere.  Plus we have Eichel!  And Kane!

I know Kane doesn't always make the best play, but he is impatient and fast and pushes the play against the opponent.  The Sabres need more of that.

Except Reinhart knows where the defensive zone is and what to do once there :)

Not especially great, but I think it's the kind of thing that will be taken care of once the D and wings are upgraded/develop. Looking at Murray's acquisitions so far, he doesn't seem attracted to big slow dudes.

I like that we can play on the boards, but Kane and ROR have speed and both can play on the wall, so it's not as if speed and board play are mutually exclusive. I think all of our speed issues are really just on the back end 

I like that we can play on the boards, but Kane and ROR have speed and both can play on the wall, so it's not as if speed and board play are mutually exclusive. I think all of our speed issues are really just on the back end 

I certainly agree the D is the biggest problem, and it's not even purely foot speed that's the issue (although that is a problem), it's that Risto and Pysyk are the only ones who can consistently make an exit pass to a forward traveling at speed.

I certainly agree the D is the biggest problem, and it's not even purely foot speed that's the issue (although that is a problem), it's that Risto and Pysyk are the only ones who can consistently make an exit pass to a forward traveling at speed.

McCabe and Bogo can too. Franson has shown that ability. The issue is the lack of foot speed of Weber and Franson. Both are liabilities

McCabe and Bogo can too. Franson has shown that ability. The issue is the lack of foot speed of Weber and Franson. Both are liabilities

I think Weber had 3 stop-the-play hits on one shift in the 3rd.  Not the fasted guy out there but he earned his keep tonight.

Watching the Bills 30 for 30 right now. Fckn A I want a championship for this city so badly...

Can't do it.  Won't do it.  I have vowed never to watch those game until they win the SB.  I was a season ticket holder during those 4 SB years.  I won't tarnish my fond memories with that tripe that was the SBs.  Especially where each one got progressively worse.

It slipped my mind; I only caught the last half hour.  The bit on Jim Kelly made me proud beyond proud that Buffalo is my hometown.

I think Weber had 3 stop-the-play hits on one shift in the 3rd.  Not the fasted guy out there but he earned his keep tonight.

It slipped my mind; I only caught the last half hour.  The bit on Jim Kelly made me proud beyond proud that Buffalo is my hometown.

Small sample size. He is a liability. He doesn't fit a quick transition system.

Anyone see the complete whiff Weber made on a hit too that led to a Kings scoring chance? It has it's place, but when it's all you can do it's not going to work

McCabe needs to just make the simple pass in his own zone. He likes to so this thing where he twists in the corner and turns it over instead of just sweeping it down low to his partner

There was no reason to drag his skate. Gionta and Kane waited on Eichel who had the momentum.

You drag when you are faster or the same speed. They almost stopped to let Eichel go full speed. Eichel doesn't get cute, they are half a stride onside.

The odds of a goal there are 1000~1 anyway. I'm with the dozen and a half who say replay sucks and it ruins the spirit of the game. I'm not going to sit around and watch a smart vet get piled on because the flavor de jour got cutesy again.

Replay sucks for offsides but seriously Eichel dangels, you know this so slow up a little or drag a foot. You play on the same line with guy who does this you gotta know to drag a foot or you are gonna be offsides stupid rule or not. Been there on ice myself f'd up and knew it.

I thought the defensive zone coverage was the best I've seen it all year most of the game

O'Reilly wow, keep watchin him young Samson

As for Samson, he seems to get a little better every game lately. His progression continues to impress.

Mike Weber for as much as he should be gone yesterday actually played well most of the game, getting hits and playing in their face.

I think Ullmark is a shell of what he will be but he was good alot tonight. He just can't move as well as he will when he's fully healed but when will that be?

They better sign Kopitar, he's alot of their offense it seems.

O'Reilly WOW! Love this guy but I'm goin with the Reinhart jersey.

Kane was on fire in the 3rd, I thought he was gonna score

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.