Tank 3.0

inkman

You want a Tank week? How about a California road trip that features 3 playoff teams, a Ducks team that has gone 20-5-??? since they last played the Sabres, (8-1-1 in their last 10), a division leading Kings team, and a Sharks team that is 6-3-1 in their last 10 and sits only 3 points back of the Kings for the division lead. This is all before the Trade Deadline mind you, before we sell off more assets, AND we don't have ROR for a month. I think I'm going to be sick

Definitely looks like a battle for 3rd. Leafs and Oilers are in a Tank league all of their own.

How about this draft order from the draft simulator? too good to be true?

-wouldnt even have to watch the first 5 picks:

1) Arizona - Matthews
2) Buffalo - Laine
3) MTL - Puljujarvi
4) Edmonton - Chychrun
5) Toronto - Tkachuk

Draft Order
arizona-coyotes.png
buffalo-sabres.png
montreal-canadiens.png
edmonton-oilers.png
toronto-maple-leafs.png

Edited by Crusader1969

Definitely looks like a battle for 3rd. Leafs and Oilers are in a Tank league all of their own.

How about this draft order from the draft simulator? too good to be true?

-wouldnt even have to watch the first 5 picks:

1) Arizona - Matthews
2) Buffalo - Laine
3) MTL - Puljujarvi
4) Edmonton - Chychrun
5) Toronto - Tkachuk

If Buffalo doesn't pick first I'd rather Toronto or Montreal get the #1. Montreal because it makes me happy when they have a bunch of Americans instead of Quebecois and Toronto because watching the '99 Conference Finals outside as a little kid is one of my favorite memories and I'd like them to be good again so we can kick their again and crush their hopes and dreams.

Toe injury = Tankers

Wash Rinse Repeat, what's the over and under for 2017? Looks positive for tank without another top D and 2 scoreres... Sigh..... Don't have the guts to start it it yet... nor the 2017 draft but seriously Edmonton models happen.

Edited by North Buffalo

Toe injury = Tankers

Wash Rinse Repeat, what's the over and under for 2017? Looks positive for tank without another top D and 2 scoreres... Sigh..... Don't have the guts to start it it yet... nor the 2017 draft but seriously Edmonton models happen.

Come on, you can't actually believe that! Next year's team fully healthy will be a least a handful of wins better than this year's team without any changes being made. 

Come on, you can't actually believe that! Next year's team fully healthy will be a least a handful of wins better than this year's team without any changes being made.

Agreed. Even 5 more wins means a ton in this league, and I can point to 5 games we could have won. Playoffs next year

Well, you can't assume full health next year (or any other year, for that matter).  And I don't think the Sabres have had an outlandish number of injuries this year.

Well, you can't assume full health next year (or any other year, for that matter).  And I don't think the Sabres have had an outlandish number of injuries this year.

I would disagree with this.  We lost our starting goalie the first game of the year for 3.5 months....Ennis was slated for the top 6 and he's been out all but 23 games....Kane is top 2 forward on the team in ice time and has missed 11 or 12 games.....Bogo is a number 2 D in terms of ice time and he missed the first 15 or 20 games.....Now our future captain is gone for a month.

I believe I heard we're 3rd in the NHL in man games lost.  Every team gets injuries, not disputing that.  I still think the injuries have been unusually high this season.

I would disagree with this. We lost our starting goalie the first game of the year for 3.5 months....Ennis was slated for the top 6 and he's been out all but 23 games....Kane is top 2 forward on the team in ice time and has missed 11 or 12 games.....Bogo is a number 2 D in terms of ice time and he missed the first 15 or 20 games.....Now our future captain is gone for a month.

I believe I heard we're 3rd in the NHL in man games lost. Every team gets injuries, not disputing that. I still think the injuries have been unusually high this season.

Does Moulson's soul being claimed by the grim reaper count as an injury? If so, add that!

Does Moulson's soul being claimed by the grim reaper count as an injury? If so, add that!

I almost added that.  I just have my doubts he's getting that soul back for next season.  Unfortunately I think it's a 'what you see is what you get' for next year.

Edited by Derrico

The Sabres are third in Total Games Lost due to injury with 247. The Oilers (254) and Devils (261) are the top two. Chicago has the least with 84. If you utilize metrics for the quality of the players lost to injury Buffalo was 5th and The Oilers were First. It should be noted this stat has not been recalculated since ROR went out, to my knowledge.

The Sabres are third in Total Games Lost due to injury with 247. The Oilers (254) and Devils (261) are the top two. Chicago has the least with 84. If you utilize metrics for the quality of the players lost to injury Buffalo was 5th and The Oilers were First. It should be noted this stat has not been recalculated since ROR went out, to my knowledge.

It just shows that the Sabres depth is not there, and they still have holes, even should those holes be filled somewhat next year, I dont think you can count on playoffs unless some of previous years' draftees are able to make an impact with the big club. I wouldnt count on it and expect another albiet half hearted run at the SHART. This year looks like it is turning into an unplanned but full fledged run at it with multiple team winners.

I suspect that Cody McCormicks stay on IR is included in our stats.

I suspect that Cody McCormicks stay on IR is included in our stats.

It is.

iMHO, the Sabres' quantity of injuries isn't overly high - McCormick very likely would be in Ra-cha-cha if healthy. But the quality of their injuries has been pretty severe due to 3 - starting goalie ~1/2 season, 2nd (1st?) best winger 1/2 season +, & now, best forward 10+ games. Again, IMHO, the D has had a typical sort of injury level.

Losing the starter for 1/2 the year was devastating even though Johnson & Ullmark performed better than we had right to expect.

As mentioned above, throw in Moulson being about as good as Narragansett rather than Stock Ale & we had the makings for a very rough year coming off what the Nolan Sabres had been.

I'm interested to see how they did the math for this, can you provide a source? Seems like a cool stat, though unfortunate for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.