GDT: Arizona @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/4/2015

WildCard

Man, 2 days is too damn long between games. But, we get some fun out of it, as the Buffalo Sabres will host a reunion of the Tank Wars on Friday night as the Arizona/Phoenix/Las Vegas Coyotes pad their way into downtown Buffalo. Alright guys remember now, we're rooting for the Sabres to win this time around. And boy, would the Sabres like a win right now. After falling behind early to the Red Wings on Tuesday night, the Sabres were able to claw their way back into the lead until late in the 3rd when bad penalties and poor goaltending cost us the game. Throw in the missed chances from the OT period and well...well ###### that, new game. The Sabres have had 2 days to rest and prepare for these ######, and we need to make the most of it.

The Desert Dogs will come in tired and dejected after a 5-1 thrashing handed to them in Detroit on Thursday night. Anders Lindback replaced starting goalie Mike Smith after the 1st period, after Smith surrendered 3 goals on 16 shots. Short rest, on the road....must win. The Yotes are a different team this year though, much like the Sabres. Sitting at 27 points and 3rd in the Pacific Division, the youth surge that has been Domi and Duclear has kept on thriving. The Yotes are a high scoring team that lets in a lot of goals, and with Buffalo scoring 4 goals in 3 straight games, we could have a slug fest on our hands. 

Given Smith being replaced and on back-to-backs, and Linus playing poorly last game, look for Lindback and Johnson to start. Buffalo is still without Pysyk and Ennis, and Schaller was sent back down to Rochester. 

Game Preview

STATS:
All Buffalo Players' Stats
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Thursday's Practice Report Practice Report

Bylsma updated the statuses of both forward Tyler Ennis and defenseman Mark Pysyk as week-to-week after both players were absent from the Sabres’ practice on Thursday. Pysyk has missed seven games with a bone bruise in his lower body while Ennis has missed four with an upper-body injury.

Forwards:

Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O' Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

25 Carlo Colaiacovo/6 Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Minions:

35 Linus Ullmark
31 Chad Johnson

sabres-butt-goaljpg-07cc4c532345abf6.jpg

Edited by WildCard

I am hopeful I will get to watch this game but I am unsure. Most bars down here I have to beg to change a tv to hockey.

That said I will be eager to watch all of our defenders a bit more this game.  They have been an after thought for me.

Kane hopefully is getting back to full speed.  He really needs to maintain the aggressive puck hounding we saw earlier this week. Jack Eichel could learn a thing or two about this, especially in the offensive zone.  All in all I expect a win. We have a better team IMPO then Glendale.

Bombers nestled near a cold exterior door. Friday night game. Dig it.

:unsure:

Sorry. Bomber bottles. Of beer. Good beer. Think:

bombers.jpg

It's for naught, anyway. I was reminded that I'm running a practice tonight because the coach has a conflict. I need to get SDS on the youth soccer bat phone.

I want some oak aged yeti.... that sounds awesome.

Disclosure: That's a Google Image, not what I have. Although what I have is quite good, too.

Apparently Tropicalia by creature comforts is quite desirable. Interestingly.

Go on ...

Edited by That Aud Smell

Sorry. Bomber bottles. Of beer. Good beer. Think:

bombers.jpg

It's for naught, anyway. I was reminded that I'm running a practice tonight because the coach has a conflict. I need to get SDS on the youth soccer bat phone.

The Yeti is great, how is the Frangelic Mountain as my favorite is Sammy Smith Nut Brown....I should probably be in beer thread but tough luck

See what I've done?

Sorry.

Disclosure: That's a Google Image, not what I have. Although what I have is quite good, too.

The Yeti is great, how is the Frangelic Mountain as my favorite is Sammy Smith Nut Brown....I should probably be in beer thread but tough luck

I've got three bottles cooling. One's a Stone seasonal of some sort. Another's a Sweet Water product (maybe a Brown India Pale?). Not sure about the third.

It's strange how closely we followed Arizona for the last couple of months last year.  Always have a soft spot for them after getting screwed over by Edmonton in the lottery.  They've got a good young team.  I'm looking forward to watching Domi and Duclair against Rhino2.  What a line those three formed for Canada at last years WJC.  Should be a good game.

The Dogs took out two Detroit forwards yesterday- Miller and Pulkkinen. Concussion and upper body injury, respectively, and each out 6-8 weeks. Easy enough win, but they played chippy. I hope to see some big hits on our side tonight. Risto, Bogo, Deslauriers, looking at you. Maybe Foligno will go berserker again and flip a goalie.

Edited by Josie914

Gionta-Eichel-McGinn

Get well, Pysyk. It'll be nice to have Ennis back, too.

Is that sequence correct? Gionta (RH) on the left? McGinn (LH) on the right?

The Dogs took out two Detroit forwards yesterday- Miller and Pulkkinen. Concussion and upper body injury, respectively, and each out 6-8 weeks. Easy enough win, but they played chippy. I hope to see some big hits on our side tonight. Risto, Bogo, Deslauriers, looking at you. Maybe Foligno will go berserker again and flip a goalie.

good lookin' out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.