GDT: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1pm 11/7/15

Eleven

Miller tribute video that was played on the video board:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/663058715499560960

Thank you for posting that. I was tied up in a meeting this morning and missed the 1st period (well, the 1st 19:33 technically, but close enough for government work).

That should have ended with Miller doing his signature spin before leaving the ice.

Agreed. Would have been the fitting end IMHO.

But won't begrudge them missing on that too bad. Very pleased they did run a tribute for him.

Eichel first assist!

Very kind of him to wait until I could get to my 2nd game for him to get it. Though, I'd rather them be 8-6 and me not having been at the Mmarena to see his 1st goal & 1st 2 assists in person. (Had Moulson had hands today, Jack would've had a playmaker. My wife promptly gave me flack - isn't that the combo you've wanted for how long? :censored:)

Can we stop it with the "Ennis made a nice play, therefore all the previous criticism is immediately invalid" stuff?

It did feel super good to finally see him make an Ennis play. The way he weaved through those Canucks was amazing

I don't think I've ever seen a Sabres defenseman so capable in the o-zone as Risto. The opposing forwards think they're covering the lane, but they're going exactly where Risto wants.

Eichel was nowhere near agressive enough today. Not even close to enough skating, too much standing around and forcing passes.

He had a couple of horrible pass attempts trying to get out of the zone that could have earned him that 3rd assist the wrong way, but other than that he looked solid. Fun game to be at.

Franson had some issues, primarily onnthe PP.

Never noticed the WTF wave, but Miller did hang out at the bench staring at the replay of Risto's 2nd goal.

Just before the Nucks' 2nd goal, was about to say how Pysyk & McCabe should be a solid 2nd pairing in a couple of years. Still impressed w/ their play overall today, but that one was bad. And Linus made the play worse than it should've been. But that was his only bad one.

Again, fun game. But VERY disappointed Gilbert didn't sing.

When I'm at these games, I can't believe Eichel and the moves he has. I really can't believe he is on our team

this is precisely my mindset in wanting to attend the San Jose game next Sat. I am coming up to NJ for a business trip Thurs and surprising my parents for a weekend visit. I want to to check out the new development downtown and catch the game with Jack as my primary draw.

I am in need of a single ticket, so please PM should anyone need to get rid of one.

Thanks all

Good win. The Canucks generally had the better of the play and more scoring chances, but the Sabres got a win mostly because of their goalie for the first time this season.

My game notes:

Ullmark was very sharp other than the 2nd goal he gave up.

McCabe played a very strong game and led all Sabres in ice time by a decent margin. He had really risen up the depth chart in a short period.

Holy mackerel can Eichel stickhandle. There was one sequence in the 1st period where he was under some forechecking pressure while the Sabres were changing and he just coolly dangled around several Canucks to let them finish the change and then moved it out of danger.

If Moulson can't cash in that feed from Eichel at the goal mouth 9 times out of 10, then he's just another Clark MacArthur and had no business getting a 5-year contract.

Spotty game by Franson. Pretty good game from Pysyk. He and McCabe had some nice chemistry.

I hate to say it but ROR hasn't had quite as much pop since DDB played him for 26+ minutes a few games ago.

I think a forward lost his back checking assignment on Vancouver's 1st goal but didn't see who it was.

I think better backchecking and finishing will be needed to beat TB, but the Sabres can do it with determination and goaltending like they got today.

Holy mackerel can Eichel stickhandle. There was one sequence in the 1st period where he was under some forechecking pressure while the Sabres were changing and he just coolly dangled around several Canucks to let them finish the change and then moved it out of danger.

Shades of Perreault.

Just finished watching the game finally.

Couldn't believe Risto with the last second goal!

The guy has a knack for getting the puck through from the point and a great shot.  

If this team ever turns into the monster we all hope it will, Risto will be an ENORMOUS cog in the machine.

If Eichel is Untouchable 1, Risto is Untouchable 1(a).

Good win. The Canucks generally had the better of the play and more scoring chances, but the Sabres got a win mostly because of their goalie for the first time this season.

My game notes:

McCabe played a very strong game and led all Sabres in ice time by a decent margin. He had really risen up the depth chart in a short period.

If Moulson can't cash in that feed from Eichel at the goal mouth 9 times out of 10, then he's just another Clark MacArthur and had no business getting a 5-year contract.

Spotty game by Franson. Pretty good game from Pysyk. He and McCabe had some nice chemistry.

I hate to say it but ROR hasn't had quite as much pop since DDB played him for 26+ minutes a few games ago.

I think a forward lost his back checking assignment on Vancouver's 1st goal but didn't see who it was.

I think better backchecking and finishing will be needed to beat TB, but the Sabres can do it with determination and goaltending like they got today.

We were outplayed and out-shot badly at times, but got some goals at key moments and "found a way to win".  

A win that was borderline underserved and/or stolen based on talent making key plays at key times.

Now there's a twist!

My game notes:

Well, he's my boy, but he was never expected to be a PPG player. I'd attribute this to coincidence.

Risto's reaction on the winner was priceless.

Dare I say, avatar worthy.

TrueBlueGED, on 08 Nov 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Well, he's my boy, but he was never expected to be a PPG player. I'd attribute this to coincidence.

His contributions show up on the scoreboard, just not as points.  I never expected him to be a PPG player, and still don't, but he still exceeds my expectations.  His "disappearing" for a game = average player's best effort.

I'm glad he's Vanc's problem now. X will say it's just a goalie being weird, but I can't understand how this kind of stuff doesn't become a problem in the lockerroom.

Millsie goes off on his teammates:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/ryan+miller+rips+into+canucks+sloppy+defence/11501769/story.html

How about making a save in crunch time?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.