GDT: Tampa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 11/5/2015

WildCard

I'd guess it's because DDB knows what he has in Ocho Cinco and wants to see whether the kid is a prodigy.

I mean, it makes sense. I'm just not used to coaches doing stuff that makes sense. 

I just picked Ullmark up in fantasy because I'm an idiot. Come onnnn Leeenuss

I considered it  :lol:

I'd guess it's because DDB knows what he has in Ocho Cinco and wants to see whether the kid is a prodigy.

Linus put up huge numbers in the Swedish league two years ago as a 20 year old.  I think it is pretty clear to everyone that he is the most talented goaltender on the roster.  He just needs NHL experience.  And, only one way to get that!

I thought I read somewhere (Buffalo News?) a quote from Bylsma saying he was going to ride Ullmark until the kid showed him  a reason not to, but I might be miss remembering. I hope he keeps playing and playing well. No offense to Johnson, but he's a career backup. This seems like the time to figure out if Ullmark can cut it as a starter.

I thought I read somewhere (Buffalo News?) a quote from Bylsma saying he was going to ride Ullmark until the kid showed him  a reason not to, but I might be miss remembering. I hope he keeps playing and playing well. No offense to Johnson, but he's a career backup. This seems like the time to figure out if Ullmark can cut it as a starter.

There's zero reason to start Johnson as long as Linus continues to not let in any softies. Johnson won't be here after this year. With any luck Ullmark can carry the load until Lehner is ready to come back and then go finish the season starting in Rochester while working on his game.

Tonight, I think Stamkos is gonna laser one past him, welcoming him to the big show.

@erlendssonTBO: Lines this morning

Palat-Stamkos-Filppula

Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov

Namestnikov-Paquette-Callahan

Brown-Boyle-Condra (McGinn)

#TBLightning

@erlendssonTBO: Paquette a game time decision, will take warm ups as will McGinn,

@erlendssonTBO, Vasilevskiy to start in net

Bleacherreport has Ullmark in the running for calder :P

Wich isn't to far fatched to be honest, if he performs well he might become our #1 goalie, and could warrant being the calder race.

A save percentage above, say, .915 and enough wins to put the Sabres into the playoffs?  Yeah, maybe.  I wonder if that would chap Eichel's ass?

@erlendssonTBO: Lines this morning

Palat-Stamkos-Filppula

Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov

Namestnikov-Paquette-Callahan

Brown-Boyle-Condra (McGinn)

#TBLightning

@erlendssonTBO: Paquette a game time decision, will take warm ups as will McGinn,

@erlendssonTBO, Vasilevskiy to start in net

Wait.  I thought Namestnikov was a poster here during the Soviet Era?

Edited by The Big Johnson

A save percentage above, say, .915 and enough wins to put the Sabres into the playoffs?  Yeah, maybe.  I wonder if that would chap Eichel's ass?

Not if he wears the new brand of athletic knit underwear!!!

Not if he wears the new brand of athletic knit underwear!!!

It is interesting to see how difficult it has been for a team like TB to score. They have so much offensive fire power that they should be fine. Yet another argument that something needs to happen. 

Buffalo I think is flowing much better than when we first played TB and I actually wonder if we can keep up the momentum.  They have had some rest so I expect Buffalo to come out with their hair on fire.

There's zero reason to start Johnson as long as Linus continues to not let in any softies. Johnson won't be here after this year. With any luck Ullmark can carry the load until Lehner is ready to come back and then go finish Swedish the season starting in Rochester while working on his game.

Tonight, I think Stamkos is gonna laser one past him, welcoming him to the big show.

Corrected.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.