GDT: Tampa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 11/5/2015

WildCard

My guess is that Samson is being taught a lesson here, and not as a punitive thing, but Hot Dan is teaching Samson something. I find it curious because I can see Samson spending a lot of his career as Jack's wingman.

Ultimately I think Reinhart widll be the skilled shut-down guy on the line that will be put up against the other team's top line late in the game.  He's got the skill, the speed his good, he's getting better on his skates.  His hockey IQ is excellent, and his defensive game is good but I think DD wants to make sure his defensive game is the best.

<----- not a fan of thread shutdowns.

Sometimes you prune the tree to encourage healthy growth.

For what it's worth LeftWingLock is projecting Chad.  They seem to be right more times than not.  Let's hope they are slow to acknowledge the mantle has been passed.

I believe they were also projecting Chad for Sunday's start until Bylsma confirmed Ullmark was in. If it's "Probable" it's their guess until a source says something more concrete.

I love the forward depth.

Last year I would have been pissed with Samson languishing on the fourth line.

But McGinn and Legwand are good hockey players.

I'm hoping Reino shows more life tonight than he did in the last 2 games.  Maybe the GWG vs the Isles will give him some confidence. 

He made a very nice play on the GWG, to be sure, but I thought until then he was pretty ineffective.

I thought played very well in his 8 or 9 minutes on Sunday. 3 shots a goal. Safe play otherwise. He never hurts the team out there.

The fact is, he is going to get little ice without power-plays or an injury.

For a rookie, pitching in.

Lines from AM Skate

@BuffaloSabres: Game day skate line rushes:

Deslauriers-O'Reilly-Ennis

Larsson-Eichel-Foligno

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

McGinn-Legwand-Reinhart

#TBLvsBUF

not too shabby.  I can't wait to watch this game.  Too many days off of Buffalo hockey and football lol.  I'm a gluten for punishment I guess  ;)

Yeap. And I think many posters here had the right idea: Samson will be ineffective on a line with grinders.

True, but I'm not sure that's a fair characterization of Legwand and McGinn.  Those 2 aren't the same as Ellis and Kaleta.

I thought Reinhart was really coming on for a few games, but I haven't liked his last couple of games.  I haven't seen him make any neat little passes or create offense, and I have seen a number of lousy passes and turnovers. 

Probably just the inevitable ups and downs of a young player.

Yeap. And I think many posters here had the right idea: Samson will be ineffective on a line with grinders.

It depends what you mean by ineffective.  If the goal of a grind line is to grind out minutes while not allowing the other team to score, they did fine.  Better than expected, since they chipped in the winning goal.  One might argue that this line was more effective that Larsson-Eichel-Foligno who were all -1 on the night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.