GDT: NJ @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 10/24/2015

WildCard

Alright, time for some selective memory here folks. We all know and witnessed the travesty that was the Canadiens game last night; the calls, the missed chances (get your act together Zemgus) and Johnson proving he's a back-up.....Well, time to move forward!

The NJ Devils will visit the Buffalo Sabres for a Saturday night showdown of two Eastern teams looking to forget a poor 2014-2015 campaign. The Devil's hold a .500 record (3-3-1), though have won 3 straight, including a SO win against the Senators in their last game, and an OT win against the Coyotes. The Sabres meanwhile look to finally start cashing in on all of the evident opportunities they're creating. The good news? Eichel looks like a #1 overall pick, and Reinhart is finding his groove.

Cory Schneider will be in net, and maybe look for Ullmark to get some action in a back-to-back for Buffalo. 

NJ is 2nd in the league in CF%, whereas Buffalo is 28th. And NJ is 1st in the league in FF%, whereas Buffalo is  29th. It's good to note though, all of NJ's wins have been of SO or OT. 

Game Preview

I'm not quite sure what the lines will be, but judging from last game, we have:
(I'll update in the morning I'm going to bed as soon as I post this. I have work 8-6, so if I don't by 11 am on my lunch, can some mod please do so? Thanks)

Forwards 
Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart
63 Tyler Ennis – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta
26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 82 Marcus Foligno
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/22 Johan Larsson – 88 Jamie McGinn

Defense
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk
Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson
25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goaltending
31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

Alright, come on guys. Let's get this together. We have NJ, Philly, and Pitt coming up. Let's string some wins together, get on the roll, and put some pucks in the back of the damn net.

467091754-rasmus-ristolainen-of-the-buff

Corsi and Fenwick

Let's see how they respond.  Losses like that can break a team or build them. With the leaders in the room and what I hear Jack Eichel saying this team will be better.

What is the F (in CF, or the second F in FF) for?

What is the F (in CF, or the second F in FF) for?

Corsi For and Fenwick For, so they are calculated by your CF and your CA (Corsi against) and then you get your percentage. Anything over 50% means you controlled the puck more than the opposing team.  So for instance Sam Reinhart has a 66 CF% currently, we control the puck when he is on the ice. You take that with a grain of salt because he also has a Offensive Zone start of 69%

I stopped watching the game mid second last night.

Shades of last year.  This team excels at hitting goal posts.  It's a fine quality to possess.

They are better to watch, but the results are the same.  Back up goal tender comes in to town and this team pings the pipes instead of lighting the lamp.

Edited by wjag

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.