GDT: NJ @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 10/24/2015

WildCard

Man, could you imagine an in-his-prime Vanek pulling the trigger on Eichel's silky feeds?  :wub:

Maybe not him exactly, but we need a player who thrives on being set up. And yes, that type of player would be perfect on Jack's wing.

I thought moulson could be that guy tbh.

Vanek is an elite shooter. Moulson is more of an opportunist. The floating that most hated was often seeking the soft area for a shot. Moulson is grittier and goes to the hard areas more often. The problem I am seeing is that those areas are getting crowded bc everyone is bunching up there.

Awesome shift there. Haven't seen that in ages.

Best shift in 3 years.  Deslauriers has hockey sense.  Might not be very talented, but he can think the game.

I'm disappointed that people want to trade Ennis. He's had some games where he tried to do too much, but last night didn't look that way to me.  I want to see him get used to Eichel and Moulson.

Two loose ends from last night. Not sure if they've been discussed, but I don't think they have been.

Why was Legwand's apparent goal in the early going of the game waved off? And why does the NHL make the fans and media guess? OK... I found a "Situation Room" video on nhl.com that says the ruling was that the goalie was pushed into the net together with the puck after making the save. Not really, but fine, why didn't the referee announce that? Why isn't the call on the ice announced before the review? It's so, so sloppy, and quite sketchy. How in the world is Bylsma supposed to decide if he wants to challenge the play if he doesn't know the reason the goal was waved off?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/search.htm?tab=all&q=situation+room&x=0&y=0

Also — on Eichel's goal, it's pretty amazing how he changed the angle on his shot to work the puck around the New Jersey players' skate up top. More sleight of hand. Is it possible to curve a shot?

Two loose ends from last night. Not sure if they've been discussed, but I don't think they have been.

Why was Legwand's apparent goal in the early going of the game waved off? And why does the NHL make the fans and media guess? OK... I found a "Situation Room" video on nhl.com that says the ruling was that the goalie was pushed into the net together with the puck after making the save. Not really, but fine, why didn't the referee announce that? Why isn't the call on the ice announced before the review? It's so, so sloppy, and quite sketchy. How in the world is Bylsma supposed to decide if he wants to challenge the play if he doesn't know the reason the goal was waved off?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/search.htm?tab=all&q=situation+room&x=0&y=0

Also — on Eichel's goal, it's pretty amazing how he changed the angle on his shot to work the puck around the New Jersey players' skate up top. More sleight of hand. Is it possible to curve a shot?

I'm sure the coaches got a full explanation. The refs always talk to captains and/or coaches after reviews.

I also doubt a coach can or would challenge a play that was already reviewed. The officials aren't going to change a call they made after just watching it and reviewing it.

I'm sure the coaches got a full explanation. The refs always talk to captains and/or coaches after reviews.

I also doubt a coach can or would challenge a play that was already reviewed. The officials aren't going to change a call they made after just watching it and reviewing it.

Would this be too much to ask: Ref waves off the goal. He skates to center and announces that under rule blah blah blah there's no goal because the goalie made the save and was pushed into the net with the puck. The play is not reviewable. Then everyone, the coaches, the players, the media, the fans at home and in the building, and Toronto know the deal. Toronto isn't in the dark and they don't blow the horn and have an unnecessary conversation and people don't assume Toronto is "looking at it." There's a faceoff and the game goes on. It's one thing the NFL seems to get right.

Yeah, but I'm talking about how he worked the puck around the Devil who was basically on top of him.

Jack has some of the best ability to get quality shots of from seemingly impossible positions. It might be a toe drag to change the angle or a quick snap wrister around the legs but when he decides to shoot he gets in on net and hard. We've all seen what happens when he has time to pick his spot, his first two goals  showing he has the accuracy to go along with it.

I was listening to the game and watched the highlights this morning. That saucer pass that Eichel had in the second was just too dirty. He NEEDS to have 2-3 assists a game and 10+ on the season.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.