GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/21/2015

WildCard

The Toronto Maple Leafs sulk into Buffalo for a Wednesday night show down between the two most expensive head coaches in league history. Disco Dan Byslma looks to show Mike Babcock that an extra $2 M/year isn't worth living through the hell that is a combination of Brandon Shanahan, Lou Lamoriello, and Toronto in general.

The Laughs (1-3-1) are coming off a 2-1 loss in Pittsburgh on Saturday night, as are the Sabres (1-4-0) in Tampa from the same night. The teams split the season series last year, with each home team winning every game. Bernier (0-3, .900%, 3.09 GAA) will start for Toronto, and he will likely face Chad Johnson (1-4, .896%, 2.70 GAA)

The Leafs rank dead last in the leage in CF%, though we rank 28th. And dead last in the league for FF%, though again, we rank 29th

Game Preview

Here are the lines from Tuesday's Practice

Forwards 

23 Sam Reinhart – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/22 Johan Larsson – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk

Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo

31 Chad Johnson

50 Nathan Lieuwen

This is a pretty huge game for the team IMO. The Leafs are teams we should be beating. And, well, ###### those guys

eichel_092915_672.jpg

Edited by WildCard

I actually had free box-tickets for this from my old boss/buddy, but I couldn't go because of class. I was going to skip the class, but his wife wanted to go anyways. Is anyone going to this game tonight? I think it's going to be a very fun one

This will be my first game in quite some time.

Bylsma being very patient with Eichel-Kane. I'll be patient too. But I would like to see them start scoring. 

I still think Reinhart is a better fit for Evander but I will say if Kane and Eichel figure this thing out, hang out to your pants ppl, it will be a hell of a ride.

It's In our barn.  Should be the best Sabre / Toronto fan ratio we have had in years. First thing that came to my mind...

"CRY HAVOC!, and let slip the dogs of war".

Let them feast on the Carrion that was once the Maple Leafs.

That pretty much sums up my mood.

$20 on StubHub gets you a ticket.

I checked after you mentioned in another thread. Couldn't believe it. I got another month before my schedule permits me to be able to take advantage of an unbelievable deal like that for what should be a great game.

Edited by Woods-Racer

If I am Terry Pegula (or Russ Brandon) and I walk into that arena tonight (if I'm not in London) and I see a multitude of Leaf sweaters sitting in my arena I would set out to find each season ticket holder who sold their seats and not allow them to renew next year.

If owning tickets came with one single policy ... Thou shall not sell to a Leafs fan.  It would be worth it.

The house better be decidedly Buffalo.

If I am Terry Pegula (or Russ Brandon) and I walk into that arena tonight (if I'm not in London) and I see a multitude of Leaf sweaters sitting in my arena I would set out to find each season ticket holder who sold their seats and not allow them to renew next year.

If owning tickets came with one single policy ... Thou shall not sell to a Leafs fan.  It would be worth it.

The house better be decidedly Buffalo.

Don't count on it.  There is no law so powerful as supply and demand.

Don't count on it.  There is no law so powerful as supply and demand.

I'm not Milton Friedman, but if tix are 20 bucks on StubHub, where's the demand? Maybe STHs are holding onto their seats. That, though, would apparently reduce supply and increase demand, leading to higher prices.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.