Strongest current Sabres player and why

Cxp54

The player who will be trusted and leaned on in all situations is O'Reilly — in dominant fashion, I believe.

Kane is the only other one who fits the mould, but he's not a centre or a locker room leader.

I don't see a similar leader on defence. Responsibilities will be more spread out this year with this group.

I think Ennis. He has survived the tank, became a better player during that shitstorm, and should thrive with new linemates. The new guys will respect that he has been here since day 1 and the guys that have been here with him already respect him. May not be the overall next player but i think he is team mvp at the end of the year.

I think Ennis. He has survived the tank, became a better player during that shitstorm, and should thrive with new linemates. The new guys will respect that he has been here since day 1 and the guys that have been here with him already respect him. May not be the overall next player but i think he is team mvp at the end of the year.

Yes, there's a lot of truthiness here.  The fact that he managed to thrive through the tank with all the downers is nothing short of amazing.

This gets my vote. 

I like this logic.

Shout out to Zemgus.  Maybe 30 goals this year?  Very good 2-way, physical, little bit of tenure, and seems like teammates enjoy him.

Zemgus is definitely the strongest in a lot of senses. For instance, strongest probability of skating directly through an opposing player, strongest world consumption capability, the list goes on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.