UPDATED: Sabres sign 2 yr Deal w/Cody Franson

Brawndo

Don't know about this, not a fan of franson, he looked to slow a skater to me.

Feeling a little prickly, I don't know how this is acceptable

Oh never mind then

How is he wrong in the first place, though? He said "he looked to slow a skater…"

Well, he did look to slow a skater, but he was to slow to slow that skater. Thus Hucklberry;s trepidation.

How is he wrong in the first place, though? He said "he looked to slow a skater…"

Well, he did look to slow a skater, but he was to slow to slow that skater. Thus Hucklberry;s trepidation.

Now you are confusing me :P

damn it you made me google trepidation :D

He does bring size, would man the point on our PP.   But im afraid his skating is just to bad.

Edited by Huckleberry

He has played 400 games at the nhl level. You don't get that far without being a decent skater. He may not be a great skater, but some make it seem like he can't even stand up on skates. He is an experienced blueliner(they need help), who can score on the PP, and the Sabres aren't committing a lot of years to him. Where are the negatives in this signing?

Edited by LabattBlue

Hope this happens. We need a veteran defenseman or two. The more competition and depth the better. He's also the best available d-man left on the market, relatively young, the contract looks like it will be short term, and we have plenty of cap space.

Getting Franson on a 2-year deal would be a pretty good move for GMTM. 

I don't think anyone should kid themselves about what the Sabres would be getting -- i.e. he is far from the rock-solid top-4 guy the Sabres need -- but he's still an NHL defenseman who would contribute on the PP, and the Sabres need another defenseman if they're going to shoot for the playoffs this year.  Not having to commit more than 2 years to him would be great.

Hope this happens. We need a veteran defenseman or two. The more competition and depth the better. He's also the best available d-man left on the market, relatively young, the contract looks like it will be short term, and we have plenty of cap space.

This and let the chips fall where they will with ice time for the D!!!!

The Preds have a good Dcore but it concerns me he was a healthy scratch some during the playoffs last year.  Still an upgrade over who our third pairing would be and we won't run into cap problems on a two year deal so I wouldn't mind it.  If anything he will help the PP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.