ROR Impaired Driving Charges Dismissed

Brawndo

I once left a worn out pair of cowboy boots in the middle of a road during a drunken walk with a buddy of mine because they were hurting my feet. Two years later I was at a friend's house and there were some people there I'd never met. We were telling drinking stories and my buddy told the one about my boots. One of the guy's eyes got very wide and he ran outside. When he came back in he was holding my boots.

It turns out he had left his apartment very early in the morning that night I left my boots in the road. He had picked them up and put them in his car's trunk and they'd stayed there since. Until that night I got them back.

Do you, or did he, wear the boots? And, are they shiny, and red?

Looking at the picture of the Timmy Ho's the window that got broken is right at tailgate height.  Looking at the way the parking lot is situated I'd be a little surprised if he drove into the window rather than backed into it getting out of a spot. To drive into it forward he'd have to have hopped the curb and there aren't any tire marks or big/fresh scrapes on the curb. Maybe little more than a semantic difference but backing into something sounds different than driving into it.

CJ1YGfnWEAAEHfV.jpg

That and there's little to no damage anywhere but the window. Unless that panel below the window is also a replacement but the metal border below the window and above the odd coloured panel hasn't been damages either. Perhaps he thought this was the drivethrough ? lol

Yes, before someone told me there was a cigarette in it. I hadn't even noticed.

I became well aware shortly thereafter when the cigarette made me...um... return it to the outside world.

Not my finest hour.

Classic. I'm surprised you didn't notice it. I've sipped a beer accidentally with the same thing and it was immediately horrible.

Was it a Guinness..

I once left a worn out pair of cowboy boots in the middle of a road during a drunken walk with a buddy of mine because they were hurting my feet. Two years later I was at a friend's house and there were some people there I'd never met. We were telling drinking stories and my buddy told the one about my boots. One of the guy's eyes got very wide and he ran outside. When he came back in he was holding my boots.

It turns out he had left his apartment very early in the morning that night I left my boots in the road. He had picked them up and put them in his car's trunk and they'd stayed there since. Until that night I got them back.

Awesome.

Between 1976 and 1993 I probably could have given a run for your money. Of course, I attribute most of that to first dating, then marrying, a crazy half Indian, half Italian girl. Fun times, more fun times and some really bad but kind of fun times.

American Indian or south Asian?

i drank my own piss as i was withdrawing and forgot i  was so sick i couldnt get out of bed and remembered the hard way in the morning with an opaque glass,   but i have no idea what stories like this have to do with the details of the punishment, suspension and possible jail time for the pegulas new toy ror... he sounds like he was tripping and backed in and then freaked out... We are all idiots at 24 , maybe this incident along with kromer will inoculate the rest from similar trust fund baby entitlements.... any news on the consequences, i usually get better news here than anywhere...

I was already married two years, had moved across the country to take a professional job, and my first son was on the way. I got that idiocy out of the way during sophomore year of college.

you and like three other dudes in the world agree. Everyone else doesn't understand.

I was already married two years, had moved across the country to take a professional job, and my first son was on the way.  I got that idiocy out of the way during sophomore year of college.

This post does nothing to change my mind that "We are all idiots at 24."

you and like three other dudes in the world agree. Everyone else doesn't understand.

I can point out alot of guys i know whom at 35+ don't understand.   Get a bunch of old mates together in one big group, add Alcohol and no matter what age the idiot surfaces again.

Like 2 yrs ago, dude was like 36 yrs old, puts on his football shoes and decided to walk over a car of one off the coaches leaving dents everywhere. :D

Where im from we got like a fun group of 30 -  50 yr old guys, put them together and their inner 12 yr old kid takes over :D , the aftermath with the wives/gf's usually is less appealing :p

What is the most likely scenario? Will ROR really go to jail? Will he start the season?

-scared Buffalo fan

His punishment will probably just be a fine. $1,000 for first timers, correct? And whatever the driver's license suspension is. Believe it is for 3 months and some type of monitoring for 9 months.  Would be very surprised if he was suspended. 

Edited by Thanes16

What is the most likely scenario? Will ROR really go to jail? Will he start the season?

-scared Buffalo fan

I'd be awfully surprised if he went to jail, even though he technically can. Minimal property damage, no human injuries, first offense (that we know of), and personal resources all point to a plea deal with a fine and community service. Always possible the prosecutor could take a hard line and want to make an example, but I think that's a remote possibility at best.

I was already married two years, had moved across the country to take a professional job, and my first son was on the way.  I got that idiocy out of the way during sophomore year of college.

thats because you werent enrtitled or a trust fund baby... yr child im certain was your link to reality, without that the furck it gene at 24 is highly accurate

I'd be awfully surprised if he went to jail, even though he technically can. Minimal property damage, no human injuries, first offense (that we know of), and personal resources all point to a plea deal with a fine and community service. Always possible the prosecutor could take a hard line and want to make an example, but I think that's a remote possibility at best.

he fled.. them law guys dont take too kindly to that moral hazard... i hope yr right.. id love to see some real hockey

His punishment will probably just be a fine. $1,000 for first timers, correct? And whatever the driver's license suspension is. Believe it is for 3 months and some type of monitoring for 9 months.  Would be very surprised if he was suspended. 

they will make an example out of him unless pegs steps in

thats because you werent enrtitled or a trust fund baby... yr child im certain was your link to reality, without that the furck it gene at 24 is highly accurate

he fled.. them law guys dont take too kindly to that moral hazard... i hope yr right.. id love to see some real hockey

they will make an example out of him unless pegs steps in

Who will make an example out of him? Ontario or the NHL? You're expecting more than a fine from Ontario? Don't see that happening. A suspension from the NHL? Not very likely. NHL will probably have him do some type of community service like speaking to teens about this, that and the other. That'd be more productive than a suspension. Benefits everyone.

Who will make an example out of him? Ontario or the NHL? You're expecting more than a fine from Ontario? Don't see that happening. A suspension from the NHL? Not very likely. NHL will probably have him do some type of community service like speaking to teens about this, that and the other. That'd be more productive than a suspension. Benefits everyone.

Crashing into a Tim Horton's is probably a very serious crime in Canada.

If it had been a McDonald's, he probably would have gotten off with a warning not to do it again.

Edited by Peter

I'm one of the 3?

This post does nothing to change my mind that "We are all idiots at 24."

I'd probably agree with you.  That said.. since I am fast approaching my 19th wedding anniversary and I am only 42 I will say that it was definitely not a regrettable decision at age 21 to get engaged and married at 23.

Didn't have a kid until 31..

But I did make some interesting decisions prior to meeting my wife.

If it had been a McDonald's, he probably would have gotten off with a warning not to do it again. a parade in his honor.

fify

...since I am fast approaching my 19th wedding anniversary and I am only 42 I will say that it was definitely not a regrettable decision at age 21 to get engaged and married at 23.

Didn't have a kid until 31..

We got married at 22 (well for me, almost 22) and first kid three years later.  I'm ten years older than you but I'm already pretty much an empty nester (my youngest who turns 25 next month is home for a few months, maybe a year, while he gets his teaching credentials and finds a job).

fify

We got married at 22 (well for me, almost 22) and first kid three years later. I'm ten years older than you but I'm already pretty much an empty nester (my youngest who turns 25 next month is home for a few months, maybe a year, while he gets his teaching credentials and finds a job).

I can very conceivably be an empty nester by age 38. Given how kids live home into their early 20s now, I'm betting by 42 it will just be me and my smoking hot lady, all alone, all the time!

Oh, and very little will happen to ROR. That's my bet. Normal people aren't forced away from their jobs for this incident, and I don't believe he will be either. The court will fine him. He'll do community service. No example will be made.

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.