SDT: Sabres Prospect Scrimmage Blue and Gold Tonight

Brawndo

Called WGR. Said neither the team or the station had anything planned. That is just stupid. It's Eichel"s first game in Blue and Gold.

Agreed. I can't imagine it's that expensive/difficult to stream it. I have no idea why they would do it last year and not this year, especially as you point out, Eichel is here. 

Agreed. I can't imagine it's that expensive/difficult to stream it. I have no idea why they would do it last year and not this year, especially as you point out, Eichel is here. 

Even if it was, who cares? The team asked the fans to suffer for two years, and now won't even let the out-of-towners get a sniff of the spoils? Ridiculous. PA must be rolling over in his e-grave.

Money. money.  I was going to buy a new jersey but that. 

While Pegula is willing to spend and spend and spend, sometimes I get the impression that there aren't the sharpest tools in the shed making decisions at FNC that he normally would leave up to them.

That being said, it is a rookie intra-squad scrimmage, not a game.  I'd be more upset if I can't see his first preseason games.

While Pegula is willing to spend and spend and spend, sometimes I get the impression that there aren't the sharpest tools in the shed making decisions at FNC that he normally would leave up to them.

That being said, it is a rookie intra-squad scrimmage, not a game.  I'd be more upset if I can't see his first preseason games.

They aren't as in touch with the fan base as they need to be.  

I'm not going out on a limb by assuming that they have video guy there filming the scrimmage, but not knowing enough about the rest of the inter webs workings I am also going to assume it can't be that hard to stream that video, right?

Especially when they will have game operations people shooting the game for the in-house video for replays, etc. Now they may not have a play-by-play announcer lined up, but a video stream with just the ambient sound is good enough for me.

Which they thought enough to broadcast last year. Did interest fall off with Eichel?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Especially when they will have game operations people shooting the game for the in-house video for replays, etc. Now they may not have a play-by-play announcer lined up, but a video stream with just the ambient sound is good enough for me.

I assumed no in house replays for a scrimmage, those that have gone in the last few years will have to lets us know if there are any.

I assumed no in house replays for a scrimmage, those that have gone in the last few years will have to lets us know if there are any.

If there are going to be highlights, that means video production people will be working, which means there is video that can be streamed.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So I'm going tonight, and if the game was streaming...I'd still be going. I want to see it in person, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Not putting it online is just a poor decision.

I already have the date marked for when the Sabres are here in PHX.  Can't wait.

Which means they are making money on this for the 1st time. They can afford to stream it .

At only $10 a pop though, and with all the people they have to hire to work at the arena, could they actually lose money on this game?

At only $10 a pop though, and with all the people they have to hire to work at the arena, could they actually lose money on this game?

I bet that's balanced out by the number of Eichel jersey orders they'll be taking tonight.  The timing of the number announcement is all too convenient.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.