Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

Really like the Kessel deal for Pitt.

No Sekera makes me sad, and I'm thinking those who expected Murray to address the D through a trade are going to be correct.

Unless they get Oduya. 

Sekera got exactly what he was after, long-term contract for stability.  I wonder if there is a NTC or something like it included.  I would have bet he offered a discount for a NTC.

Unless they get Oduya.

Sekera got exactly what he was after, long-term contract for stability. I wonder if there is a NTC or something like it included. I would have bet he offered a discount for a NTC.

I like Oduya, but I really hope Murray doesn't give him the type of deal I think he's after.

Who Cares if Hodgson signs with the leafs. Murray is building a team that's going to be tough to play against. O'Reilly and Zemgus are hard players to play against. Now you throw in some skill guys like Kane, Eichel and Reinhart and Wow what a difference a year makes. We know he's gonna make a move for a defenseman but patience is needed. He can wait until teams that are cash strapped like the Islanders did last year.

I like Oduya, but I really hope Murray doesn't give him the type of deal I think he's after.

I don't disagree, but I think of the UFAs, even before today's signings, he is the best fit for the next two years.  I wouldn't want him signed for more than two, maybe three if he gives a discount for three.

Although I'd like to see us sign Oduya, I've gotta believe Murray makes a trade for a mean, tough D-man. We have a glut of players and I don't see a place for Larsson on this roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved.

I like Larsson. He's always moving and he's hard to play against. He's a very good bottom 6 guy. I don't think he should be moved yet.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Although I'd like to see us sign Oduya, I've gotta believe Murray makes a trade for a mean, tough D-man. We have a glut of players and I don't see a place for Larsson on this roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved.

Who do you think might be available?

I'm not worried about Murray not signing any of these free agents. Most of these free agents are grossly overpaid and aren't worth it long term. I just don't want Murray trading any more of our key assests for a defenseman. Bailey, Bapiste, Fasching are key components going forward.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Where's Inky when you need him? There has to be a Kessel donut joke there somewhere. ;)

I take offense to you thinking I'd be all over Semin on donut jokes.  I mean with Kessel there, Semin wouldn't want Kessel to blow his load on donuts.  He needs Phil to ensure he's wide open when Semin spays his shot in the crease.  That way if Semin doesn't get it in, Phil can gobble it all up. 

Who do you think might be available?

I honestly don't follow the rest of the league like many people here to have any specific player in mind. Ideally we don't need a big name defenseman but a young D-man who can hit and play a responsible game. I'm sure there's a team that could use a little of our forward depth that has an extra blueliner in their system. My two cents. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.