Sabres Prospects 2015-2016

Hoss

I was hoping that GR would have asked Murray to expand on why that was a highlight. Maybe they don`t know who Borgen is?

Justin Bailey is putting up some points in the AHL with 8 points in his last 7 games (3G 5A). Murray said a while ago that his speed was evident even playing against professionals. I haven`t seen him play for the Amerks but did see him in the OHL a few times - definitely the fastest skater on the ice each time I saw him - the kid can fly. When you mix his speed with his size (6`3 200lb) you have one hell of a prospect.  

I was hoping that GR would have asked Murray to expand on why that was a highlight. Maybe they don`t know who Borgen is?

Justin Bailey is putting up some points in the AHL with 8 points in his last 7 games (3G 5A). Murray said a while ago that his speed was evident even playing against professionals. I haven`t seen him play for the Amerks but did see him in the OHL a few times - definitely the fastest skater on the ice each time I saw him - the kid can fly. When you mix his speed with his size (6`3 200lb) you have one hell of a prospect.

Thanks for posting that about Bailey, I got to see him in juniors and he was great. Hope he keeps improving

They may have heard of Borgen but that's about it. They don't know enough to ask any real questions. Each time I've seen Bailey, he's been completely invisible.

They may have heard of Borgen but that's about it. They don't know enough to ask any real questions. Each time I've seen Bailey, he's been completely invisible.

Have you been lately? Sounds like he's on a bit of a hot streak,

Wouldn't be the first AHL rookie to start to find his stride in the back half of the season.

Have you been lately? Sounds like he's on a bit of a hot streak,

Wouldn't be the first AHL rookie to start to find his stride in the back half of the season.

Went last week. Bailey did have a point that night but he looked to be the beneficiary of good linemates. Still think he has miles to go to get to the NHL.

Went last week. Bailey did have a point that night but he looked to be the beneficiary of good linemates. Still think he has miles to go to get to the NHL.

makes sense.  They called him a "project" when they drafted him.  Raw talent that needed work.

Bailey with another quiet 3 point night last night (2G 1A).

Has put up 11 points in his last 8 games. Seems he is lucky to have good line-mates who have been deflecting pucks off of bailey to go into the net.

Or I was commenting on the one goal I saw him be a part of during a 50 game season

In a semi-strange but probably innocent moment Hudson Fasching, when asked about the next step as his rights are owned by the Sabres, said he hasn't given it much thought and says he's talked to other teams. Says "they're around."

A little after 5:50 in this video: http://btn.com/video/620597315819/

For those who aren't aware he would need to play one more full season at Minnesota to become a college hockey free agent.

My guess is he just didn't want to talk about it and kinda fumbled the answer. I also kind of think tampering with unsigned college kids happens alllllll the time. Get him in a room with GMTM at the end of the season.

Get him in a room with his ex-teammate, Jack Eichel, instead.

GO SABRES!!!

In a semi-strange but probably innocent moment Hudson Fasching, when asked about the next step as his rights are owned by the Sabres, said he hasn't given it much thought and says he's talked to other teams. Says "they're around."

A little after 5:50 in this video: http://btn.com/video/620597315819/

For those who aren't aware he would need to play one more full season at Minnesota to become a college hockey free agent.

Gross. I hope it's nothing more than a fumbled answer, as you suggested.

Probably putting the cart before the horse but I really saw him as a guy who could fit in here well, long term. Hopefully he signs, and lives up to what his potential seems to indicate.

Edited by Thorny

It's happened to better teams than ours.

But I actually took that as him talking about the Sabres when he said "other pro teams" being around.

The question was basically "are you leaving us" and he was fumbling to avoid the answering that.

In that context, the other meant not the Gophers and he was trying to emphasize his focus now was the Gophers, despite the fact he is getting pressure to turn pro.